We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DIRT Demo tomorrow - 24th May

YeOldeTDUMan

Well I haven't realy liked rally games since Colin McRea 2.0 on PS2, but after playing this demo is good, looks good handles well.

The downsides are that:

There is no co-driver on the Demo, he might not be needed in the SS or the Buggy race but you do need him in the evo when your on the propa rally stage.

Also the voice over in the menu's and when you finish the rce is really annoying.

Apart from that I think this will be a good game, especially if you like rallying but in the long run i doubt it will stand up to the likes of Forza

Guest mellors_

Spent 2 days trying to download it and spent 2 days of getting this message "can't download colin mcrae:dirt demo" and other times it gets to aout 19% and just stops.

Anybody help???

Spent 2 days trying to download it and spent 2 days of getting this message "can't download colin mcrae:dirt demo" and other times it gets to aout 19% and just stops.

Anybody help???

Same thing happened to me :cry:

how do i get a Manual gearbox ??

i hate the automatic :(

In the PC version you can select manual gears in the player profile options. Don't know if it is the same for the Xbox 360, just look at all the options and you will find it.

I had a problem getting the controller to work. It is always a problem with their games. In the end I just kept setting up the controls and saving it. It worked ok after about 1/2 hour of trying :(

you cant :(

happy 400th post :)

YOU WHAT!!!!!!!

NO MANUAL GEARS, i hate the auto gears, he shifts all wrong, too early, downshifts too late (dropping you into dead revs).

i noticed the Handbrake animation works correctly though :p

where the bleeding hell is the navigator. the hill climb in the evo is damn near impossible because, without looking at the minimap, you cant see what corner is coming, or how big it is. the problem with looking at the minimap is that it puts you off driving.

and what did we get trackwise? a roadrace (yawn) an hill climb on a normal dirt track and a little loop of a dry mud track. where is the proper kind of rallying... the kind which involves powersliding around downhill hairpins on a mudfest in mid wales. now that is what i want, the insane lack of grip (or lack therof) you get on rallyX on LFS

Thats was by far the worst raing game I have ever played!! Ok a bit harsh but its terrible. The steering it too sentive so the cars have to waight or feel, the physics are rubbish, crash into somthing are you go flying into the air and it resets everytime. The reset thing is really really annoying and the streering wheel pulls you left and right before throwing you off the road like in TDU. Terrible. One good thing is the forca feedback, they have done that well. Thats one i'm certainly not buying and did it chrage me 70gp to download, i'll read the other posts.