We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza 2 Section

Baldy

Would you like a forza 2 section  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a forza 2 section

• Yes
    • No

Hello, We at Tdu-central would like the general opinion of members, on whether you would like to see a forza 2 section.

Please vote in the poll above, and comment on any features you would like the section to have in this thread.

Thanks for reading.

Baldred

Tdu-Central Moderator.

I was gonna suggest this as tyhr General 360 driving games board is full of Forza topics but as I have made alot of suggestion lately I thought I'd leave it to someone else.

Also within a Forza 2 section I think there should be two sub sections:

One for Trade to post what cars you are selling on Auction or cars you want to offer to forum members for leass than you are selling for on Auction.

Also a sub section for car pics as this is what seems to be alot of threads regarding this.

there are plenty forza 2 forums out there, not to mention forzacentral, in which i've seen a lot of tdu-central members active, and moderators.

there are already forza 2 threads in this forum under 360 general driving games etc... do we really need it?

Do we really want Forza 2 "infecting" a community for a completely different type of driving game. Dont get me wrong I have forza, and absolutely love it, and yes it has taken up all my playing time, from which TDU is suffering. I just dont think we need a dedicated Forza Section in here.

Ask yourselves, how many members of TDU have registered on forzacentral and the official forzamotorsport.net forums, do we need another one to check?

I think it's a good idea, althought I'm registered on Forza Central I can't be bothered to check on 2 forums each day, so would be good to have a decent Forza section to this to make it more of a "driving game" forum rather than being TDU specific, which it hasn't been for a while

as to features in the Forza 2 section, ideas as follows:

1. My Cars (the cars you own or have created)

2. Events (races, drift comps, cruises(well the ring is long enough for a cruise) etc)

3. Auction House (to show cars you're about to put up for sale, talk about good deals you've got)

4. Swap Shop (a place to arrange deals for gifting cars ... guess you're all too young to remember Noel on a saturday morning!)

4. Videos

5. General Pictures (for those wanting to show great smashes, races, drifts, meets)

6. General Forza chat (for nothing that fits in to the above)

Well that's a few of my thoughts

I'm against it. We are a TDU forum not a Forza 2 forum. anyway if we make a Forza 2 forum then that means sooner or later people are gonna start asking for other games to have their own forums. so no i say keep it the way it is. Anyway it's not like the way it is now is a bad thing.

like it or not this forum has alot of Forza threads, and they cant just be left cluttering 'xbox360 driving games' there are other driving games about, but the threads about them get cluttered amongst other threads about forza 2.

i mean, if i were to make a thread about the fantastic new screens/videos/interviews about PGR4's weather effects it would just get mixed in amongst 'look at my baby' threads...

you have to remember that the TDU community has been around for nearly a year now (september) and many of us have been talking nothing but TDU for much more than that on various forums. I know many members of this forum now have little interest in TDU and are sitting and waiting for the sequel (me included). A forza section would keep this forum alive in the long run, i believe. It will be years until TDU2 is released, the forum will have to change slightly if it to survive in this time

Therefore my vote is, yes...

While I do agree this is a TDU forum like anything it needs to adapt to stay alive and active. If not a forza 2 section when not a subsection in the genral 360 section? That way you can have other games while still keeping the main tdu feel. (sorry if this has been said, only skimmed the other posts).

Well, I voted yes, and agree very much with Craigie. For the forum to stay alive, it needs to adapt.

However, on the other hand, I don't want the forum to get overrun by forza people. And I don't really see any way around that if a forza section is started, and gets popular. If [the forum] is lucky, the people who join this for forza will be like those who joined for tdu - people tired of the BSing that will inevatibly happen on the forza site.

and yes, i joined forzacentral, and it sucks. actually, after having been active on this forum for a while, other ones really start to look like rubbiish ( in general appearance/neatness as well as orginization). and on that congrats to diablo and baldred (and other mod's if there are others i missed)

so, what was I saying?

yes to forza2 section. just, for the people who came for TDU and are active on it, don't let it overrun the best racing/driving game ever.

thanks for the views everyone, anyone who hasnt commented and would like to please feel free as there is plenty of time left. And to bigbcraig thanks it means a lot to know we are appreciated :D

I would like to see one too. I visit the official Forza site a lot but only to check out auctions and post my own. We have a nice little community here, and although it would be nice if we could have the same thing over at the ForzaCentral forums, I believe the majority will be newcomers and it won't feel the same.

What in the name of Satan's portion am I talking about?

• 4 weeks later...

A few people are saying that this would not be a good idea and that if they want Forza use a Forza site, which is fair enough, but if you look on Forza Central they have a dedicated TDU, GT, and PGR section which they might have had to do to keep the site alive whilst waiting for the next install of the Forza series. So as I've said before a Forza section would be good as the 360's General driving section is mobbed with Forza threads which to some is a pain when trying to find a PGR thread and might get a few more members in the process.

• 1 month later...
I'm against it. We are a TDU forum not a Forza 2 forum. anyway if we make a Forza 2 forum then that means sooner or later people are gonna start asking for other games to have their own forums. so no i say keep it the way it is. Anyway it's not like the way it is now is a bad thing.

Simply +1.

• 4 months later...