We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What Drifiting Means!

Weeksy

You may think drifting is just making you car is sliding sideways and driving. Most of you make videos of yourself 'drifitng' on striaght roads sliding sideways. THAT IS NOT DRIFTING!

Source of this definiton is http://dictionary.com

Word: Drifting.

Definition: An extreme motor sport in which race cars slide sideways on racetrack turns.

People don't realize the difference between powerslides (with or without a [space]?) and drifts.

People skid a meter, "OH MY GOD, YOU DRIFT SUCK!" when people aren't actually drifting.

By the way, what I just wrote may seem smarter inside my head.

People don't realize the difference between powerslides (with or without a [space]?) and drifts.

People skid a meter, "OH MY GOD, YOU DRIFT SUCK!" when people aren't actually drifting.

By the way, what I just wrote may seem smarter inside my head.

That's what i hear all the time when i'm just racing around at the race track. Tail end comes out so i'm powersliding, these noobs say i can't drift. And if i want to explain them i'm not drifting, they don't understand :wtf:

• 2 weeks later...

What annoys me is that some stupid movie producer took drifting and ruined the fun for the rest...

Now you have people all over the place that say they can drift when they pull the handbrake on their fwd cars and go into an intersection...

It also annoys me that the definition of drifting is turned to an "inside the box" thing. I mean, drifting used to only be on the mountain roads in Japan, The snowy roads in Scandinavia etc. and the D1, Big X, etc. came long after that so that definition that you posted is retarted...

I am in no ways saying I know best and I own at drifting or something(I dont even drive yet) but i did know about it before all the US Mags started writing(which is how Drifting actually got so popular) about it and have to say that I hate how the media can take something fun and blow it up...

Anyways, from what I understand, drifting is the practice of making controled slides where by the back end loses traction but is still under control. The straight away drifting is mostly a transitional fase from one corner to another. This has probably evolved out of the Feint drift (or scandinavian flick which i just learned :) ) where the drivers try to make the back end lose traction by turning in against te corner and then flicking i the other way.

I mean, these are probably the basics that you need to know about drifting. I'm no expert as I said before, but I have watched alot(and i mean aloooot) of drifting videos, read alot of articles, etc. To bad about the media cause now im not interested anymore...

People leave out vital pieces of information when they describe drifting. From what I understand drifting involves the rear wheels in constant motion and the front wheels steering opposite to the direction of travel.

This is why the handbreak method is a bit iffy, because you're stopping the back wheels from spinning totally.

Guest Johansen
I just find it funny when people (noobs) are like,

OMG THAT WAS A SICK DRIFT VIDEO,

When they only slide in a striaght line..

i find it very funny when a noob like u think u know what ur talking about, u have no clue what drifting is about do u?

one more thing ur saying "drifting" on a straight road isnt drifting. WTF? its named Choku Dori, where do u get ur information from ur a** ?

i find it very funny when a noob like u think u know what ur talking about, u have no clue what drifting is about do u?

lets look at the facts, he has DK in his slogan/motto(under his username)

he spelt Drifting wrong on the thread title

he makes random sentences that link only by the word OMFG

so draw your own conclusions, but i think this guy might actually be able to outdrift Keiichi Tsuchiya (if weeksy knows who he is, if he doesnt then hes a lost cause)

Quite apart from the pointless and predicted flaming, wtf?

so draw your own conclusions, but i think this guy might actually be able to outdrift Keiichi Tsuchiya (if weeksy knows who he is, if he doesnt then hes a lost cause)

Sorry, but what now? I drifted for months before discovering who Keiichi was. Irrelevant. Stfu before you make yourself look dumber than I'm sure you actually are.

I really don't think drifting is all that fun. I've seen drifting first hand and also watched it on tv. Its an impressive thing to do but for me being a hardcore F1 race fan I would say marking ridiculous lap times on the track is fun. For it's more of an accomplishment type thing. Sry got a bit off topic , getting back as Nipper and trigger said drifting is getting sideways and having the tail out during a corner and having a well executed angle through the apex of the corner. That is real drifting. Not just getting your car sideways. So for all those people who want to know and the noobs who think they can can drift. Just see if you can do better than Nipper or any other veteran in TDU.

Quite apart from the pointless and predicted flaming, wtf?

Sorry, but what now? I drifted for months before discovering who Keiichi was. Irrelevant. Stfu before you make yourself look dumber than I'm sure you actually are.

Are you serious?

So for all those people who want to know and the noobs who think they can can drift. Just see if you can do better than Nipper or any other veteran in TDU.

Thank you for the kind words :)

If you all can't discuss this as adults this thread will be deleted and appropriate action will be taken.

We don't want anymore arguments and being rude to other members is not acceptable.

Thanks,

TDU Central Staff

Deadly serious, yes.

The act of drifting requires no knowledge of prestigious drifters.

It is still physically possible to drift without knowing who Keiichi Tsuchiya is.

Now ban me for making a comeback.:banned:

whereabouts did i say that you cant drift without knowing who he was? cos i missed that part...

anyways... anyone who puts DK on their username/motto/tag/sig/whatever else, usually cant drift...

I'm out...

:locked: Close the thread :locked: