We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[!IMPORTANT] Leaked Patch - DO NOT USE!

Eudemon

There was a leak of a test patch recently that if you should find you should not install it, I repeat NOT INSTALL IT as it will not allow you to connect online and it is not a FINAL version. If you decide to try to do this you will not be able to connect online and may even run the risk of being banned so don't try it. Also note if any corruption or any failure to your system should occur you have no come back for this.

The filename to look for is: TDU_Patch_1.64A_deploytest_20070706_10_32.exe

Note the deploytest section and also the filesize is only 16.6Mb.

Thank-you.

then why would test drive relse it if it wasnt going to work in the first place
Notice what the actual filename says deploytest and the A after the version number, it's not a finalised patch, it was for internal testing of downloading from FTP and testing it is not a final version. If you decide to use it please note you do so at your own risk and also direct from Atari themselves it will probably result in the inability of online play.

As I said, what you choose to do is on you, you have no comeback on Atari or Eden if any trouble happens with your system due to it.

Respectful as I am of the Mod's authority whilst on this board, I chose to download and install the patch. I had no problems with it, but I have heard of people needing to re-install the game so I won't say this works for everybody.

<ATARIRANT>For goodness sake, it’s been months of delays. I'm sick of waiting for them to do something most developers manage without trouble. How can they not expect us to jump at every opportunity to make our gaming experience better? I have no problems with anything in-game anymore, the patch worked perfectly. Why did it take so long?

And banning accounts? Pffft, if they ban all patch users now then half the community will vanish. I have my Skyline, I have my RS4 and I'm enjoying them both.</ATARITANT>

Incidentally, that rant isn't directed at anyone personally. It’s just me venting my spleen and that's the last of it you're hearing from me. Unless I get my account banned, obviously.

And many thanks for the update, Diablo.

I went ahead and got it as well. The new cars aren't very interesting to me. I'm much more happier about the fact that my game no longer gets glitched out and requires ALT+Tabbing. Also, since I applied the patch I've run into a lot more people on the road where before I could never see them except on the map.

I went ahead and got it as well. The new cars aren't very interesting to me. I'm much more happier about the fact that my game no longer gets glitched out and requires ALT+Tabbing. Also, since I applied the patch I've run into a lot more people on the road where before I could never see them except on the map.

Same here too, I'm totally relieved by some of the fixes. Plus the lack of crushing bass in my added mp3s has made my whole family sigh in relief.

Lucky git :D

Please tell me the RS4 sounds like a proper V8??

Sounds like the Cabrio to be honest. :happyroll:

Just a word of warning to the beta patch users, dunno if you heard this yet, but Atari says they'll IP ban anybody still using the beta patch when the official one gets released. Heard this from a few people now so I reinstalled TDU.

Just a word of warning to the beta patch users, dunno if you heard this yet, but Atari says they'll IP ban anybody still using the beta patch when the official one gets released. Heard this from a few people now so I reinstalled TDU.

And you actually believed that obvious lie? Why would they IP ban players when the patch gives no competitive advantage at all and that it was actually their mistake in the first place?