We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear Parody (Apply within to take part)

Iced_Bullet

Top Gear Parody - Results released

Applications not accepeted anymore... :) After 2/3 weeks of accepting results, we have finally decided who will be taking part in the Top Gear Parody!:

Places taken:

Ford GT (navy blue - white racing stripes):__DDDenniZZZ

Pagani Zonda (orange): __________________Speed_Freak

Ferrari F430 (silver convertable): __________Iced_Bullet

The Bike (black)*: ______________________Mattnade

An extra camera man**:_________________MartijnMb.

* will only be used for a 20 second clip with all three car drivers...

** will be need to park up and record as the 3 cars drive on ahead...

Myself and Speed_Freak would like to say that it was very hard to decide between the applicants, as people had very similar specs and situations, however we felt that the people chosen above seemed very sound people and tht we would be able to get the maximum potential from choosing these people. I hope you will agree, and wish us luck as we set upon the long task of re-creating it (God I sound philosophical :P)

Orginal thread:

Firstly I'll say that I'm new to TDU, and for one reason after another (regarding my Graphics card, I havn't been able to play TDU for 2 months now), and I ordered a X1950GT 256mb card last night, and I should be playing TDU soon.

Myself and Speed_Freak are wanting to recreate a Top Gear shootout.

The reason for this thread is that I am asking if there is anyone else who would like to take part... We are looking for someone who has either the Ford GT, Ferrari 430 convertible, a Zonda or ANY bike.

The episode we are wanting to re-create is the one where the Top Gear team go to the south of France in their supercars and get stuck in the hotel car park in Paris.

The link to the edited Top Gear video (Part 1)

The link to the edited Top Gear video (Part 2)

We wont be requiring (who-ever we chose)'s help through-out, only for the clips where there are 3 cars visible + the clip where they're in paris and a bike comes into the screen.

Only apply if you are willing to be a "team-player" and not try and add your own bit... but keep to the video I have edited etc

I am not expecting loads of replies, but any would be welcome... and me or Speed_Freak will get back to you...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was time for me to respond to this, mainly because I just noticed this thread :)

I'm not really willing to respray my Ford GT because it's green with pink stripes and looks great, I don't have a Ferrari F430 Spyder and I don't want the minor part of "Biker" so if I get the choice I'd like to be Richard Hammond in the Orange Zonda. My character even looks a bit like him too :)

If anyone else would like to take part, copy the form below and fill it in. Thanks.

Car/s Owned:

Colour/s:

Willing to Respray to Colour in Top Gear Video: Yes/ No

Time Zone:

Time Play Length: (how long you play for at a time in hours.)

When You Play: Morning/ Afternoon/ Evening

Filming Capability?: (Do you have FRAPs basically?)

Thanks for your time.

Car/s Owned:Tons of cars (At lease 50-60 cars) (Includes Pagani Zonda, Ferrari F430 Spider, Ford GT)

Colour/s: Grey (Zonda), Bluish Grey (F430), Tungsten Grey (GT)

Willing to Respray to Colour in Top Gear Video: Yes (Also Willing To Get a New Car)

Time Zone: Eastern Time

Time Play Length: (how long you play for at a time in hours.) 30 min-3 Hours

When You Play: Morning/Afternoon/Evening: All

Filming Capability: No

XFire: Yes

MSN: No

CUT

I'm not really willing to respray my Ford GT because it's green with pink stripes and looks great, I don't have a Ferrari F430 Spyder and I don't want the minor part of "Biker" so if I get the choice I'd like to be Richard Hammond in the Orange Zonda. My character even looks a bit like him too :)

CUT

Yeah ok... so we have the Zonda taken....

left.....

1. Ford GT

2. Ferrari F430

3. The bike

4. An extra camera man (doesnt not matter what car) - more explained in original post [edited]

CarboyX Reply

Car/s Owned: Pagani Zonda, Ferrari F430 Spider, Ford GT

Colour/s: Grey (Zonda), Bluish Grey (F430), Tungsten Grey (GT)

Willing to Respray to Colour in Top Gear Video: Yes (Also Willing To Get a New Car)

Time Zone: Eastern Time

Time Play Length: (how long you play for at a time in hours.) 30 min-3 Hours

When You Play: Morning/Afternoon/Evening: All

Filming Capability: No

OK thank you, the Zonda poisiton is taken up by Speed_Freak, this leaves the Ferrari and the GT... However I have a slight preferance to the F430

This means you would have to re-spray the GT to navy blue and white stripes (if possible)... unless you are wishing to be the biker or the extra camera man? Plus you would have to download fraps

If you guys manage to pull this off, it should be great fun to watch. I love Top Gear :D

Are you going to use the bridge to Ford Island as the big long bridge?

We will be indeed :) its perfect.... not the 100m bridge near it with the 10 or so lanes :P too short

the only bit we're concerned about is the car park bit :S it's going to takes some clever idea to pull that part off XD

OK thank you, the Zonda poisiton is taken up by Speed_Freak, this leaves the Ferrari and the GT... However I have a slight preferance to the F430

This means you would have to re-spray the GT to navy blue and white stripes (if possible)... unless you are wishing to be the biker or the extra camera man? Plus you would have to download fraps

I'll be the GT

Car/s Owned: Pagani Zonda , Ferrari F430 , Ford GT

Colour/s: Zonda=Red/black Ferrari F430=Red Ford GT = Black/Orange

Willing to Respray to Colour in Top Gear Video: Yes Sure ^^

Time Zone:Amsterdam +1

Time Play Length: 3/4 hours

When You Play: Morning/Afternoon/Evening ( my driving in the morning is not the best ^^

Filming Capability?: I Had fraps, deleted it because dind't used it..

I'll be the GT

ok, well we wont be starting until around sunday... maybe later if my graphics card is delayed :|

and until then this thread will be still be open - as the only dissadvantage is that you live in USA etc and Speed_Freak and I live in England... so it would be difficualt (or not very suitable) for us to do loads of filming with you... as the hours would probably not be very confortable...

However me and Speed_Freak can do most of the filming with ourselves, and then for the clips with 3 cars... get you in...

but until we start filming, I cannot say definately wether or not you have the place :P Sorry

Car/s Owned: Pagani Zonda , Ferrari F430 , Ford GT

Colour/s: Zonda=Red/black Ferrari F430=Red Ford GT = Black/Orange

Willing to Respray to Colour in Top Gear Video: Yes Sure ^^

Time Zone:Amsterdam +1

Time Play Length: 3/4 hours

When You Play: Morning/Afternoon/Evening ( my driving in the morning is not the best ^^

Filming Capability?: I Had fraps, deleted it because dind't used it..

Ok, well your driving in the morning doesn't matter as you're 1 hr ahead :)

Would you be willing to respray your GT to navy blue and white stripes? and get fraps again?

Good luck with this guys sounds like it will be very cool to watch. :D

I would help you out but I got so many things on the go I don't get I lot of free time. But if you get stuck and need some help then let me know I will be happy to help.

Ok thanks - me and Speed_Freak will keep you in mind if we get stuck (Y)

If this is definitely going ahead I could park myself in a Saleen S7 and take videos of you guys driving past? I would choose the S7 since it would be quite easy to catch up with you after static videos then.

Car/s Owned: Quite a lot of them :P

Colour/s:

Willing to Respray to Colour in Top Gear Video: No need, I'm applying for cameraman

Time Zone: GMT +10 Sydney Australia

Time Play Length: (how long you play for at a time in hours.) Anything from 15 minutes to 4 hours.

When You Play: Morning/ Afternoon/ Evening Afternoon/evening in my timezone.

Filming Capability?: (Do you have FRAPs basically?) Yepp.. unreg version though

XFire?: mre46

MSN?: [email protected]

If this is definitely going ahead I could park myself in a Saleen S7 and take videos of you guys driving past? I would choose the S7 since it would be quite easy to catch up with you after static videos then.

Car/s Owned: Quite a lot of them :P

Colour/s:

Willing to Respray to Colour in Top Gear Video: No need, I'm applying for cameraman

Time Zone: GMT +10 Sydney Australia

Time Play Length: (how long you play for at a time in hours.) Anything from 15 minutes to 4 hours.

When You Play: Morning/ Afternoon/ Evening Afternoon/evening in my timezone.

Filming Capability?: (Do you have FRAPs basically?) Yepp.. unreg version though

XFire?: mre46

MSN?: [email protected]

Thank you - you're the first aplicant for the camerman haha

btw what settings do you use... graphics card... and fps do you get? plus i think we would have to film (while you're in evening and we're in morning) ie.e like 7pm onwards (GMT +10) if we choose you... :)

If I can do the TDU Central Cruise almost everyday, then I might be able to do the movie.

OK, yes be patient, we've got you on the list for the GT position :P along with 5 others

you will know in the next day or so if you've got the part... i have most of your details (rig spec etc) so the only thing to do know is await results :)