We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear Parody (Apply within to take part)

Iced_Bullet

The only idea I have is to get someone using analog sticks of pedals as acceleration, that can drive incredibly controled next to us, with no dials, and who can record facing sideways. Then we need a straight road, the drivers in the cars to put there windows down, and the motorbike to drive steadr right along the side of the car so that the bike camera can see the driver through the window. That's the only way I can see it happening :)

I think this might actually work, what also might work is using the sort of bug when your car goes into the other car, but then with a bike, look left on bumper view and there you go?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've been suing the very front view, with HUD, Speedo, GPS and Names turned off when filming. Expect 1 or 2 when I forgot the GPS, but still ;)

It shouldn't really matter about squeezing through traffic, as in the videos, there is no "squeezing" lol! I find the cars easier to use than the bikes, as the turning is better :)

But thanks for input :D

Garage = the car park section where they get stuck?

If yes, then yes that will be included, but half of it was cut out as it would have been very hard to film. But what we have so far fits almost perfectly :)

Exactly what you see in the videos posted in the original post will be there! Each individual shot is recreated :p

• 4 months later...

*PROGRESS UPDATE*

Right, about time I let you all know how this is going.

So here's a screen-shot of the video: [in a very high res, as I bumped it up to see what it was like on a 19" screen, and couldn't change it back without a restart! This is my native res : 1280x1024]

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/IcedBullet/Top%20Gear%20Files/TGProgress.jpg

The shots you see ARE INDIVIDUAL, and you can probably see why it's taking a long time to do[i hate being a perfectionist] I hope to get this done mostly by sunday evening, and will spend next week mixing the final bits, and popping into TDU to get random shots I forgot, and also have to render it, without Dad cancelling it, like he kept on doing for my SLR Video as: "It takes up too much CPU when I log-in, so I just log you off" :mad:

- The empty section on the left is all in-car shots of the F430, and havn't filmed those yet.

- The section in the middle is the carpark one, and I think I have finally worked out how to do it [but only they "actors" will find out ;)]

- The bit on the right is all on the bridge, and I need to get into a race with people to film. The weekend job aswell ....

- Yes, that is actual widescreen HQ top Gear footage included in the video too.

- There will be one video without the actual TG footage rendered (for YouTube) a further one which is HQ and then another HQ one with the actual Top Gear footage. Just so you can compare and see why I have gone to great lengths to get the actual shots.

The Video you see on the right, is hopefully what the final product [~600px x ~400px] will look like [aiming for around 200mb with either a H.264 coding on .avi or .mp4]

Thanks to everyone so far: ****

- Speed

- Sensei

- -Lr-SpeedraceR

- MadMax

- Mb

- DriftNismo

- Carboy

- TheScottishSpotter

- DDDenniZZZ

**** done in order of amount of time on screen ;) ish

Thanks :) After I initially thought of back in July ... It's should be here finally in february! ergh lol

This exact clip / episode has been initially tried by around 4 different groups of people (that I know of) and none of them have actually started, I think this one is cursed :mad: :p

Nice one Iced, the file will be huge when finished, upload on youtube, google video :D thanks!
OK, What do you mean too large? For the iPod?

Also, will see about the Google video, maybe even Metacafe, but that will definately be my last choice ;)

Why youtube and google? You should just download the High Quality version he's doing or you'll be staring at a pixelated paradise, an insult to the effort he put in. No?

Also, 100th post.. yada yada.

Yeah, but putting it on YouTube means more people get to see my wonderful work. I will post clearly the link the the HQ version. As some people are still on dial up :oook: And or have a download limit :oook:

Plus I have got a tutroial which shows how to get MAX quality onto YouTube, and Ive tested it, it works too! :)

• 1 month later...

Another update:

It's been delayed recently, as I got annoyed by the laggy in-car shots which seemed repeated as there aren't that many houses which have a in-car shot out of the garage where it doesn't have a building in the background, or the garage itself.

Have included some pictures os what the production looks like atm.

- In the first, there are holes of the car-park scene as I have left that last to film. And some random bits of the motorway etc which should take more than 1 or 2 filming sessions to do. Also, on the bridge, that needs me to go do the race and film the replay with the bridge in all it's glory :D

- In the second is the remix of the intro ade by me :p took a few hours a few month or so ago, and I'm very pleased with the result :D :D

Question:

Can we do a multiplayer normal race online, and then the first person to cross the line gets to see the replay of the other people? As I wanna film some of the 3 cars etc.

I wanna get this done and dusted by the end of next week (end of holidays) but I have soo much coursework, revision and work to do, I doubt I will get it done. :(