We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Central Magazine

Speed

To get more people interested in this we thought we should let you guys design the front cover :)

Anyone is free to design a cover, and when everyone has submitted their entries, we will have a vote and choose the winner. Submit by posting here, or emailing to myself or TheScottishSpotter.

There are a few things we would like to see on the cover so please include them. They are listed below:

- One image of your choice from the selection below.

- "TDU Central: Official Magazine" (This is the title of the magazine.)

- "September '07" (Date of release.)

- "Enzo Vs MC12" (Somewhere near the main picture.)

- Notes/ images about the other articles in the magazine, you can find a list of these in the second post.

Thanks and have fun creating :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1500 x 2238 pixels seems way out of proportion to me, are these the right size. Have been throwing around idea but my graphics skills about about that of a killer whale so don't expect a very good entry from me lol. Just wondering about that size.

Yes, that is the correct size I have been told, still not quite sure why David wants it so large. Lol my graphics skills arn't exactly brilliant either :D

Cool that youi guys are so taken with the idea, looks like it's gonna be a nice success. Yes sorry i have been busy and not been around much because of school but if you are using one of zurious's pics (the pictures speed attached) you should use the size 1427 X 2149 as his pics will fit nicely on the cover with that size ;)

Another thought an adds section at the back like you get in all magazines. Heres some sections I thought of;

• For Sale ( e.g. Dodge viper, 5K miles, one lady owner since new, offers, contact .....)
  • Wanted section (cars with ex amount of miles etc)
  • Club Adverts (advertising new and existing clubs)
  • Track Days, fun days, meets, etc,
  • Tuner Adverts

Thats all I can think of for now.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/sofar.jpg

I know its a load of rubbish but a few idea I had. I don't think copyright people would be very happen either as i borrowed a few images but oh well. Oh and the size is wrong as well but thats photobuckets fault, can do the full size one when the host on my website stops being stupid and fixs there ftp stuff.

When do you need these articles in by and photo's I can't get becouse im on 360.

Also whilst I remeber a your pics page where readers send in pics of their experiances on the Island or cars they have seen painted well or cruise pics. Also maybe an article about how high the Mafia activity is high on the Island with gangs cruising round in there black cars looking to take out noobs in there Saleens.

Can I do a TVR article with the Tuscan and the Segaris and compare them or have you got enough?

Feel free :) The size of the magazine will be determined by the amount of articles we get, there is no limit.

When do you need these articles in by and photo's I can't get becouse im on 360.

We need the articles in by around 27th August I guess, but as late as the 31st should be Ok too, once we know how we are actually going to present the magazine.

If you want some pics in your article you can't get, then let us know so we can go take the photos for you, then send them so you can put them in your article yourself. :)

well have written it but will go over it many time before hand. Some pictures of the Tuscan and Segaris would be good. One really zoomed out of the tuscan looking out to see with the Tuscan was small as possib;e in a corner and it mostly sea would be good if possible. Oh if you can turn it round so it portrate like the page that would be good.

Some pictures of the Tuscan and Segaris would be good.

Apart from the sea pic, do you mean together, or seperate of each?

And any particular colour, because my Sagaris is dark purple with a hint of dark blue Lol and I doubt you want that?

Don't mind about colour, the segaris could do with being bright, purple and green would be good. The Tuscan in a dark blue almmost but not quite purple would be good. The sea one is the most important really as I want it as a background with the text in the sea (why I need it portrate) and then need like one pic of each of the other cars to put it, if you could do 2 of each it would be good plus the sea one.

Don't mind about colour, the segaris could do with being bright, purple and green would be good. The Tuscan in a dark blue almmost but not quite purple would be good. The sea one is the most important really as I want it as a background with the text in the sea (why I need it portrate) and then need like one pic of each of the other cars to put it, if you could do 2 of each it would be good plus the sea one.

Ok, I'll attempt this tomorrow :) Pics will be posted then.

Here is my first attempt at a cover, it is not the one I will be entering and I am only posting it here so you can see the sort of thing we are looking for. Well not as bright, and not the same style necessarily, just the quality really.

I hope you're not too harsh :D Lol.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

P.S. The title font is the Rockstar GTA Font, and the main block of text is the Batman Font :D

Here is my first attempt at a cover, it is not the one I will be entering and I am only posting it here so you can see the sort of thing we are looking for. Well not as bright, and not the same style necessarily, just the quality really.

I hope you're not too harsh :D Lol.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

P.S. The title font is the Rockstar GTA Font, and the main block of text is the Batman Font :D

XD I'm not going to be too crtical, as I'm not wanting to get involved, I'd rather enjoy the experience of playing TDU :P (I've only been on for 5 or so days) but Ross, the ornage is a bit too much isn't it? lmao sory :P, your Golf one is much better layout and the colours are slightly more subtle than the VIVID orange XD!

p.s. the image copyright etc at the bottom could be a bit smaller, like professional mags do etc, they use about font size 2 or somthing!

p.s. the image copyright etc at the bottom could be a bit smaller, like professional mags do etc, they use about font size 2 or somthing!

I only did that to fill up the space I didnt have anything else to put there!

Hope these are Ok. :D