We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Central Magazine

Speed

TheScottishSpotter has had the idea to create a TDU Central magazine and has asked me to post about it. It will feature reviews, comparisons and just general info about the cars available in TDU.

This will be across all platforms. If you play PC, PS2 or 360, you are all welcome to write any type of page for the magazine, there will be sections for each console.

Now obviously it is not possible to do it all by ourselves, so we are looking for anyone who is willing to take part, and would like to write a review to go in the magazine.

We are looking to release the magazine monthly on the forums, so the first issue will hopefully be released on 1st September.

The size for each page needs to be approximately 1427X2149 pixels. Do not worry if you cannot make a page this large as we can edit pages together and or enlarge pages before we put them in the magazine. Feel free to do your page in Microsoft Word or a similar program. Myself and TheScottishSpotter may copy your text and images into photoshop, to make the page up to size, but we will not change any of your formatting without your permission.

The pages will need to me emailed to either myself or TheScottishSpotter, and you can find both are email addresses in our forum profiles.

No, you will not be getting paid, this is just a bit of fun, the magazine will be for everyone to read, no money exchange between anyone will take place.

So if anyone is interested, let us know. You can review any car you wish, however please check the post below to make sure it has not already been done, we don't want 15 different Enzo reviews ;)

This post will be updated as need be and I'm sure TheScottishSpotter will have some things to say below also, and or course add all the things I have forgotten.:)

Thanks for reading,

Speed.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cars Currently Being Reviewed:

Issue One/ September '07:

PC-

Volkswagen Golf R32 - SpeedFreakLightning

Pagani Zonda C12S - SpeedFreakLightning

Wiesmann Roadster MF3 - SouthendRage-England

Ferrari Enzo/ Maserati MC12 - TheScottishSpotter/ Zurious

Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM AMG - MartijnMezger

Lambourghini Gallardo Spyder - MartijnMezger

CLS55 AMG/ A6 4.2 Quattro - Carboy18971

Nissan Skyline - SuperHyperTDU

360-

TVR Tuscan S/ TVR Sagaris - Pherelas

PS2/ PSP-

N/A

Thanks for posting this speed, i didn't know what to say so i'm glad you did. Should be good :). Basically i was just cruising around and thought up the idea. Have to go back to school but i will be back about 4pm ;). Alex that sounds good. We still need to find a way of actually showing the magazine. I was thinking about adobe reader but no one knows how to do it :(. Any help would be much appreciated ;)

This is a very good idea look forward to seeing the first magazine.

Heres a few ideas that I thought might be good:

A long term test where you right about the ups and downs of the car over several issues.

Upgrades and what the difference in speed and handling are.

Previews of what could be coming out as DLC soon

Letters or responses section so people can express there views on your articles

A multi car test, say 3 cars from the same class, weigh up the pro's and cons of them and give them a rating out of 5 for speed handling etc and an overall.

And in game screens of the vehicle tested.

just a few ideas for you, look forward to the 1st issue.

Cars Currently Being Reviewed:

Issue One/ September '07:

Volkswagen Golf R32 - SpeedFreakLightning

Wiesmann Roadster MF3 - SouthendRage-England

Ferrari Enzo/ Maserati MC12 - TheScottishSpotter/ Zurious

Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM AMG - MartijnMezger

Don't forget the CLS55 AMG vs. A6 4.2 Quattro comparision.

TheScottishSpotter has had the idea to create a TDU Central magazine and has asked me to post about it. It will feature reviews, comparisons and just general info about the cars available in TDU.

Now obviously it is not possible to do it all by ourselves, so we are looking for anyone who is willing to take part, and would like to write a review to go in the magazine.

We are looking to release the magazine monthly on the forums, so the first issue will hopefully be released on 1st September.

The size for each page needs to be approximately 1500 x 2238 pixels. Do not worry if you cannot make a page this large as we can edit pages together and or enlarge pages before we put them in the magazine.

The pages will need to me emailed to either myself or TheScottishSpotter, and you can find both are email addresses in our forum profiles.

No, you will not be getting paid, this is just a bit of fun, the magazine will be for everyone to read, no money exchange between anyone will take place.

So if anyone is interested, let us know. You can review any car you wish, however please check the post below to make sure it has not already been done, we don't want 15 different Enzo reviews ;)

This post will be updated as need be and I'm sure TheScottishSpotter will have some things to say below also, and or course add all the things I have forgotten.:)

Thanks for reading,

Speed.

Does it have to have a custom page or can I do on Microsoft Word?

Not quite sure yet stinger. We will have to decide soon though. If it was multi platform 360 players could do reviews on the DLC and cars not in the PC version so that might be an idea ;). So yes, can you move it to general? Thanks in advance!

As you can see now moved :)

So many responses, thanks to everyone.

The First/ Second post will be updated asap.

Don't forget the CLS55 AMG vs. A6 4.2 Quattro comparision.

Lol, how could I forget, I was in the A6 for your pics, It's now been added to the second post :)

Just a quick question, is this going to be specifically for the PC version of the game or will it have a multi platform approach??

As the thread has now been moved to general, I guess we will be looking at a multi-platform approach, therefore any 360/ PS2 players that do wish to write reviews are 100% appreciated.

Does it have to have a custom page or can I do on Microsoft Word?

It can be in Microsoft Word, and if you provide us with images and say where you want them inserted, Myself or TheScottishSpot will most likely copy them into Photoshop, to make the page the correct size, we will not change your formatting on anything (unless of course you want us to) so there is no need to worry, it will simply be to enlarge the size.

As you can see now moved :)

Thanks for the move S71NG3R, you havn't said you want to take part though! ;)

If you need some help I have way to much time on my hands at the moment.

If you need to save it as a .pdf file you can use the new office 07 to do that, no idea how good it would turn out. You can also buy the acrobat program to write ebooks aswell I think.

Oh what about articles on cruises and upcoming events and stuff like that?

Is it really a year old. Blimey, yer september becouse I can remember wating september to come for the first time ever, normally the worst month in the year.

It sure is, how time fly's when your having fun.

Wow thanks baldred, I didn't actually know this so we'll definately think about it :)

Your welcome.