We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Central Magazine Cover Concepts

Woodo

ok i thought a start a proper thread for AKA the front covers and pages for the TDU C magazine

here is my work in progress

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/striker2323/TDU_CMag-concept.jpg

comments of what you think or post ur own covers becasue no offense the current covers could do better :shocked:

It should be a restricted size, therefore the pages will be the same style, as landscape ones etc would just look weird, plus Diablo is the one who does all the compiling, and Speed does the pre-compiling work. So really it should be up to them what size it is. Plus the mag rules state that there is a restricted size.

The size for each page needs to be 1500x2238 pixels.

It should be a restricted size, therefore the pages will be the same style, as landscape ones etc would just look weird, plus Diablo is the one who does all the compiling, and Speed does the pre-compiling work. So really it should be up to them what size it is. Plus the mag rules state that there is a restricted size.

that size that they stated is to big for a web magazine

We did that size so that people didn't have to alter their pics too much. By this I mean the cover pic we were using was something similar to 1450 wide, and therefore a page of 1500 wide would be easier to use for those unfamiliar with Photoshop etc. The images were then resized to give better quality and less file space.

Read around, you'll learn things.

Don't state facts like "that size is too big" please, because with the good reception we recieved I think we did a pretty good job. It's more about having fun creating and reading it, rather than spending ages on graphics, and an portrait page is much easier to work to over a landscape approach.

As you can probably tell from the page Iced designed (Pherelas' Page) he chose Graphics as a subject to study. The pages I designed aren't as good, most likely due to the fact that I chose Electronics over graphics. But then again, without those pages I designed, the pages would just be on a white background... Which is better? We have to work to a time limit, and if people don't have time to create graphics and layouts themselves then I put them into my own template, and everyone said they were pleased with what I had done with their text.

As the Editor, that is my job, to take what people have done and put that into something presentable in a magazine.

--------------------------------

Anyway besides form all that, I really like your cover. It looks really professional and just looks great in general :)

One thing I am slightly worried about however is the date of Oct '07, as I stated in one of the other threads,

The next issue will be released as soon as possilbe, but we have all become rather busy at the moment with the new school year so the next release could be put back to November or possibly even a Christmas issue.

I still havn't recieved a single review, and talking to many of the writers from last time, none are currently working on pages so a release in 10 days is looking rather unlikely unfortunately.

--------------------------------

On a side note, would you try to include the attatched image on your cover, as it is the first Photo of the Week winner and it deserves to be on there :)

Don't state facts like "that size is too big" please, because with the good reception we recieved I think we did a pretty good job. It's more about having fun creating and reading it, rather than spending ages on graphics, and an portrait page is much easier to work to over a landscape approach.

As you can probably tell from the page Iced designed (Pherelas' Page) he chose Graphics as a subject to study. The pages I designed aren't as good, most likely due to the fact that I chose Electronics over graphics. But then again, without those pages I designed, the pages would just be on a white background... Which is better? We have to work to a time limit, and if people don't have time to create graphics and layouts themselves then I put them into my own template, and everyone said they were pleased with what I had done with their text.

I agree, the sizes stated above are for the design purposes, and then they are shrunk down to the size you see when you view the mag.

PS. the time thing is a major isue with people at work and school / colleeg etc. The TVR page I designed took me quite a while lol! As the photoshop I had on the computer I was working with had a slight problme with lining up the text :(

And It is thanks mainly to Speed that the previous magasine looked as good as it was! As hardly anyone had the time to put a great deal into producing a final layout for their reviews - which is why there is a lot of reflected images :p

see the word CONCEPT at the top of the page means its not final its only a mock of what i might look like and that is just a filler date example nuthing more nuthing less and lastly having a image that size and reszing it is the most stupid of stupid things to 1 the image will become squatched 2 it will take ages to down 1 page if it isnt compressed right a 3 u maybe right about CONTENT but what makes people read a magazine its not really content first it up its how its presented

thank you i have had my little bitch lesson

I agree, the sizes stated above are for the design purposes, and then they are shrunk down to the size you see when you view the mag.

PS. the time thing is a major isue with people at work and school / colleeg etc. The TVR page I designed took me quite a while lol! As the photoshop I had on the computer I was working with had a slight problme with lining up the text :(

And It is thanks mainly to Speed that the previous magasine looked as good as it was! As hardly anyone had the time to put a great deal into producing a final layout for their reviews - which is why there is a lot of reflected images :p

and thats why u have some working on the content another working on design and layout other wise it will end up like last issue and i know its for fun but if ur going to do it u might aswell do it properly :spammed:

Well If there are people who are willing to be spend ages on everypage, then they're more than welcome. I doubt however that there will be one person, let alone 2 who will have the time to re-do every page create a professional magasine, which as you said: "its for fun".

Yes, I know you've written concept in the top, however Speed (the Editor) and I, don't feel that all these changes are neccesary :) I think the main reason why he's not for the idea, is that you didn't ask if these concepts could be used, plus you've said "my work in progress etc", rather than saying something like "could this be used, I know alot of the previous aspect have been changed, but I feel blat blar blar"

I know that it's Concept, however I do feel that the accpects of the last magasine should be kept. And after all, if the last one got soo much praise, is there really any point in spend far more time on presenting it, when we could be having a life or playing on TDU? ;)

Plus by saying "or it will end up like last issue" means that you obviously don't think it was very good, now a lot of people put lots of effort into it, and I'm supprised by the take-up on the amount of reviews which were written.

And I think it would have been better to read all the threads on the magasine to find out what was needed (ie. release date christmas; dimensions; TDU logo etc etc)

Ramble over :)

and thats why u have some working on the content another working on design and layout other wise it will end up like last issue and i know its for fun but if ur going to do it u might aswell do it properly :spammed:

For god sake, we did our best with what we had and released a good idea. What's with the bad attitude to everything? We're just explaining ourselves. And surely, as I am the editor, I should decide who designs the front cover? I'm not trying to be cocky or anything, but I put a lot of work into the last issue, and in my biased view I think I did a really good job of it, so please stop insulting it. I know it's not the most glamourous magazine in the world but it's still really good for what resources we had. Let's just say I'm not liking your bad attitude to the previous issue. We did the best with what we had and I think we have produced a pretty good magazine.

We don't have the staff to do more than one person on every page. As you can tell by all the thing I'm listed of doing in the credits, without all my hardwork there would only have been around 5 pages, maybe even less. This isn't a professional thing, we did do it properly, as well as we could, and I'm very proud of everyone who contributed and also of the first issue of the magazine we produced.

I tend to agree with this, as the most commonly used monitors run a 1280 x 1024 resolution. Some 1024 x 768 and some as large as 1920 x 1200. But when you read a magazine in real-life you look down the page progressively, and having to scroll down to read more on the page gives you that magazine-y feeling.

reszing it is the most stupid of stupid things to 1 the image will become squatched

What are you completely retarded? Set a lock on the scale of the dimensions and change one, it will change the other to keep the image within the same scale. Therefore not becoming squashed. KKTHXBYE

i know its for fun but if ur going to do it u might aswell do it properly.

I'm beginning to doubt if you even read/saw the last issue because I was actually amazed with the final product, considering the 'staff' that worked on it.

but never the less i wont bother offering my services anymore so

Considering that front page you posted in post one of this thread I can safely say you won't be missed.

Thread close please

Can't handle the flame?? KKTHXBYE

PS: OP is a ***got

PSS: Go an hero.

That is all.

no speed but ur missing my points i understand where ur coming from
OK, please could you re-explain your points, as I may have miss-understood too

BUT no offence ur a bit cocky about it but never the less i wont bother offering my services anymore so

Pft! Speed is in NO WAY cocky / arrogant! I know him outside of TDU / TDU:C and I can aure you hes by far one of the nicest guys I've ever had to fortune to come across :) It is true what he says! If it was not for him, then the last magasine would of only had 6 or so pages!

I'm beginning to doubt if you even read/saw the last issue because I was actually amazed with the final product, considering the 'staff' that worked on it.
refer to my bit in this post abotu Speed ^

Considering that front page you posted in post one of this thread I can safely say you won't be missed.
I duissagree, the fron cover was brilliant, however it's been his attitude in trying to "take over" tha magsine ;)

Can't handle the flame?

haha obviously not :p

• 1 month later...