We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

I've found a way to switch off your engine. *Req. Manual & RWD*

Eudemon

Hey guys I was messing around and driving like I owned the car and hated how you couldn't park the car up and then just switch the engine off, so I started messing around and so far I have it working for RWD cars, I'm guessing this as the same technique works for the 308GTS (the car I found it out in) and the Enzo Ferrari I have just tested. I will test out on other cars also and see if this works!

BTW this turns your engine off and your car doesn't move, we all know the moving rear wheel method. :D

[uPDATE//1] Unfortunately it does not work with 4WD cars so far, the back wheels keep moving sometimes even making you do extremely slow donuts. lol

Seems that FWD don't like to stop spinning the rear wheels either, strange one this as when you hold the handbrake they spin and when you release they stop but the engine starts running again. hmm...

Looks like it's RWD only guys. Tested out a 612 Scaglietti and it worked again!!

[uPDATE //2] Your car will stop on dirt and gravel but it tends to bounce slightly on the spot, almost like loud music is being played.

[uPDATE //3] Looks like I may have proven the Rturbo is RWD also. ;)

=====================================================

How to:

First of all you need to be in manual gearing.

Typical method

1) Put your car into 3rd gear.

2) While holding brake, accelerate and when your RPM's hit about 500-700 (not 5000-7000!) shift down to 2nd and keep holding brake. Your engine should cut out.

3) Now while holding brake, hold handbrake. (make sure your car remains still at this point)

4) Release brake, then release handbrake.

5) Hold brake and now shift down into 1st.

6) The car should cut out and remain still in place.

7) Shift into neutral and rev to bring it back to life otherwise it will cut out on you as you switch gears.

Ferrari 308GTS

Ferrari Enzo

RUF Rturbo

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Pagani Zonda Roadster

High-gear method

Some cars need to start in it's highest gear or at least 4th gear in order to stop completely at idle. However you will need to shift down into what usually becomes 3rd gear in order to keep the car completely still in place otherwise it will wobble about or the wheels will spin when you don't want them to.

McLaren F1

Aston Martin DB9 Volante

Note: Cars that have to remain in a high gear to stop will result in your driver keeping his hand on the gearstick (if it's there).

Tried and Tested

baldred

ThirtyTwo UK

Baxie

• 3 weeks later...