We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Clarkson lands himself in trouble

Nodz86

By Sky News SkyNews

TV presenter Jeremy Clarkson has been questioned by police after he wrote in a national newspaper about confronting a youth who was pestering him.

The Top Gear star explained in his Sunday Times column that the incident took place outside the Xscape sports complex in Milton Keynes, where his youngest daughter was celebrating her birthday.

Clarkson had stepped outside for a cigarette when he was confronted by a gang of teenagers, who began to pester him and followed him when he tried to walk away.

"And so, figuring that attack was probably the best form of defence, I grabbed the ringleader by his hoodie, lifted him off the ground and explained, firmly, that it'd be best if he went back to his tenement," he wrote.

"I was standing there holding this boy by the scruff of his neck, and instead of worrying about being stabbed I was actually thinking: 'Jesus, I'm going to get done for assault if I'm not careful.'

"I therefore put him down, and in a flurry of swearing and hand gestures involving various fingers he was gone."

The children began filming the November 23 incident on their mobile phones, although the footage does not appear to have made it onto the internet.

Thames Valley Police said they received a call from a 14-year-old girl informing them a man had been abusive towards her friend.

But when officers arrived at the scene and spoke to witnesses it became clear the girl was part of a group who had earlier been warned by security staff about their behaviour.

A spokesman said: "Mobile phone images were viewed, as well as CCTV footage, and it became apparent that, if any offence had occurred, it was the man who was the victim."

Clarkson was later interviewed at his home in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, but did not wish to make a complaint or provide a statement.

The police spokesman added: "There is no evidence that a crime took place and therefore there will be no further police action."

• 2 weeks later...

this one will make you laugh then... no kids/teenagers but actual adults...

my cousin was on a pub crawl and walking between two pubs, crossed the road to a woman who was screaming for help as a man was slapping her around the street a bit. in the end my cousin got charged with hitting the guy as you would expect i suppose.

the catch is, it was the woman (screaming for help) who pressed charges against my cousin for hitting her boyfriend !!!

Woah, Clarkson was lucky the teen didnt stab him or any thing, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil if u did what Clarkson did u whould:badspelling: had been shot 3 times or stabbed. Rio de Janeiro is the most dangerous state here in Brazil, every day some kid or someone dies from a lost bullet or murder, its really sad... this is one of the reasons I hate Brazil (the other reason is because here has the most discusting cars of the world), luckly i dont live in Rio de Janeiro just the state above it.:D