We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Corvette C7????

Baltoman

Corvette C7 put on hold

c7_corvette-2_bw.jpg

The new 35-mpg CAFE laws due to come into effect in 2020 has lots of effects all over the auto industry. And how automakers do not know what they would do to put this laws into reality, they start putting future project on hold. GM, for example, announced that the future C7, and also the RWD Impala are on hold.

GM had big plans for the C7. First they said it will be an evolution of the current V-8-powered, rear-drive layout; then an all-new mid-engine design; and finally a car based around the smaller, lighter Kappa component set. But at the Detroit Auto Show, the company said that "a regular LS2-powered Corvette with a 300-pound weight reduction would deliver the same performance as a 505-horsepower Z06. "

This means that GM will focus on reducing weight in its future Corvette and not on increasing the power.

Check it out. It is not that bad. Still don't know how to embed.

http://www.torcavettes.com/tech/Corvette_C7.jpg

Oh my god. It's NOT THAT BAD?! are you insane?

Sorry but thats the most ugly car I have seen for a long time. For example the rear lights look like squashed tomatoes. The stance is just out of proportion. In fact the only thing thats not that bad are the front lights but even they are a bit iffy. Just hold on a sec while I throw up! :rolleyes:

Check it out. It is not that bad. Still don't know how to embed.

Corvette_C7.jpg

To me it looks like a demented Ferrari F430.

Danm, that means the engines of cars such as the HSV series (VXR8=Clubsport) with their LS2 powerplant may be ceased in the future :(

whats CAFE

Have you never heard of Google? :oook::rolleyes: I mean when I searched that the first thing that came up with what CAFE stands for. Try it, search for "CAFE" on google and await wonders. Next time before you ask a silly question try to search for it first, you never know what you may find ;)

Sorry but thats the most ugly car I have seen for a long time. For example the rear lights look like squashed tomatoes. The stance is just out of proportion. In fact the only thing thats not that bad are the front lights but even they are a bit iffy. Just hold on a sec while I throw up! :rolleyes:

lol, when you think about it's rear lights are like squashed tomatoes. In the body it's somewhat ok :rolleyes:...it is like a photoshoped Cadillac Cien.

OMG wat a stupid thing to say! Of course it's not how the real car will look like, it's how the website or magazine art directors think it will look like... Please... :rolleyes:

I looks like a photoshoped Cadillac Cien (or at least I hope it is) if it is the real C7, i have lost all respect for the Corvette name.

I have seen those piccys before, and someone put up a comparison piccy of a Cien, and they had the exact same bodyshape, so I would think it is fake.

• 4 weeks later...