We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PotW: Week 14 Entry

Speed

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thanks guys! although now that i think about it i wish i had of turned the contrast up it's too dark on the cars :(

You could still do that in photoshop you know, Brightness and Contrast changing is fine :)

309427410_4ed6906c2e.jpg

Let's hope mine's as good as 007s ;) And yes, it is off road, don't get picky.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

You know something? Atari made the map of Hawaii out of Satalite pics, made the roads out of GPS pics, made 10000 cars and 10 bikes, made it UNLIMITED as you can go anywhere you want without hitting invisible walls but you see theres something Ive been noticing... They didnt bother in making a good looking sea. I mean com'on look at the water, its looks more like a sea filled with magical goo, or a second sky. Sure the color of the water is the Sky's reflection but its not supposed to be another sky or magic goo.

You know something? Atari made the map of Hawaii out of Satalite pics, made the roads out of GPS pics, made 10000 cars and 10 bikes, made it UNLIMITED as you can go anywhere you want without hitting invisible walls but you see theres something Ive been noticing... They didnt bother in making a good looking sea. I mean com'on look at the water, its looks more like a sea filled with magical goo, or a second sky. Sure the color of the water is the Sky's reflection but its not supposed to be another sky or magic goo.

HAve you noticed in TDU, you can go anywhere with out loading? You load the game once, and thats it you can drive on every road with out loading?

This is because there isn't anything to render or load. The terrain itself it isn't very detailed, buildings, AI cars, water etc.. unlike games such as Elder Scrolls Oblivion where everything is very HQ (High Quality) with lots of things to render/load, there are certain parts on the map you have to wait and load to enter.

Now this would be rather irritaitng having to wait 1 minute to load a part of the map.

Guest RB26DETT

if only tdu had a charger r/t. i'd do a dukes of hazzard jump! yeeeehaaw!!!

my eleanor pic is good for now. :)

;51912']Okay, here's mine. Bullit Understeering. :p Probably won't win, but...

-Leadfoot

Few things wrong ...

Firstly, Car Freak's theme is for the car to be offroad, and we must be able to see it is moving, so capture the dirt thrown up or something similar.

Now the pavment could be classed as offroad, but there is no dirt or smoke. So that is wrong.
OR (If you're not too smart)

A car offroading in the sunset.

Btw, my normal rules apply, 800x600 Maximum Size, unnoticable photoshopping is fine, but if someone picks up on it, and I agree, then sorry but you must withdraw the photo in question :)

and yours is too big.

Is it me or do people still not realise that the dimensions are the same each week. We always seem to get 2 or 3 people not read what they're signing up to ... it is actually starting to annoy me.

Few things wrong ...

Now the pavment could be classed as offroad, but there is no dirt or smoke. So that is wrong.and yours is too big.

Is it me or do people still not realise that the dimensions are the same each week. We always seem to get 2 or 3 people not read what they're signing up to ... it is actually starting to annoy me.

It's even big and green :D

HAve you noticed in TDU, you can go anywhere with out loading? You load the game once, and thats it you can drive on every road with out loading?

This is because there isn't anything to render or load. The terrain itself it isn't very detailed, buildings, AI cars, water etc.. unlike games such as Elder Scrolls Oblivion where everything is very HQ (High Quality) with lots of things to render/load, there are certain parts on the map you have to wait and load to enter.

Now this would be rather irritaitng having to wait 1 minute to load a part of the map.

okay... so? whatz ya point?

If you had higher quality water/roads/grass/AI/etc you'd have lots more loading screens. Hence the fact the water isn't that great.

Personally, I don't think it really matters, you're not in it a lot, so why bother making it look good? Plus, it doesn't look bad from far away.

okay... so? whatz ya point?

Don't be an arse. Simply saying that because TDU is designed the way it is you can drive anywhere with out loading screens inbetween.

Take the TDU map for instance, put a grid with 1" area blocks over the map, now your inside 1 block and everytime you go out of that block into a new block you would have a loading screen that's kind of how it works. Would that annoy you on TDU? Would get on my nerves pretty fast.

Remember TDU was Eden's first go on next gen platforms and the PC has been ported over, it is also using the old game engine that they have now improved for AiTD so I think we can probably expect a small step up in certain areas but bare in mind if they do support us and implement night and day as well as weather then would it be so bad that certain areas look the same currently if the gameplay surpasses the original? :D

For many people; Gameplay > Graphics

okay...i wont be entering this week as i have no time to go and respray a car and take a picture but

Shadow, isnt Bond's Vanish infront of the Jag?

EDIT: yea your right

Right after that, the jag spins, and he passes, then Bond's in front for the rest of the chase.

Also, I'll edit my picture.

EDIT: Someone doesn't like my Ferrari 288 GTO banner thing... :(:p

potw_13_smashed.jpg

-Leadfoot

okay...i wont be entering this week as i have no time to go and respray a car and take a picture but

Shadow, isnt Bond's Vanish infront of the Jag?

EDIT: yea your right

LOL i was gonna do it the other way around but my Jag driver isnt exactly too good behind the wheel lol so we found it better if i chased him. I'll post some other pics we took though.

LOL i was gonna do it the other way around but my Jag driver isnt exactly too good behind the wheel lol so we found it better if i chased him. I'll post some other pics we took though.

I would've gone with the third or fourth over from the left. The buildings in the back of the fourth over from left remind me of the ice castle, though... Awesome pics. :)

-Leadfoot