We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2008 Season: Lewis Hamilton's Title Bonus

YeOldeTDUMan

Just read this ...

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080327084228.shtml

My question is does Ron have a spare F1-LM lying around in the garage then? I can't see them 'giving' him one if it's the car officially kept by McLaren (if McLaren have one themselves and it's not part of the 5) ... if not I'm sure the price of the 5 in the world will increase a bit with this news especially if Lewis is top of the drivers table and McLaren top of the constructors towards the end of the season

Cool... Every boy's dream car, would be amazing if he did get it. Does show how biased the McLaren team (or just Ron Dennis) is to him though...

Well I think you'll find most (if not all) drivers would have a large bonus built into their contracts if they won both drivers championship and the team won constructors

As to it being silly ... well depends on if he's ACTUALLY being given the car ... as part of their contract the McLaren boys drive Mercs and the Ferrari boys drive Ferraris ... I wonder what Alonso drives this year????? I know McLaren have a few cars on display in their 'factory', a few old Formula 1 cars and I know there is a black F1 on display, they could easily have kept an F1-LM just for history sake ... it might be he's just 'lent' the car whenever he wants to play with it ... would be no use in Switzerland anyway!

Also you have to remember the relationship between Lewis and Ron/McLaren ... Lewis has been under their wing for a long time

I read about this today in the sun and wondered where they would get one from. Its a big incentive to win the championship.

A Twingo??

20677125191.jpg

ROFL, i seen one of them 5minutes ago, and there always one 1min away

Hey, i got a ps3 for christmas, who has the upper hand now lewis :)

Id Literally spend every minute of my life practicing if i new i would get the chance to compete for a F1 LM

As to it being silly ... well depends on if he's ACTUALLY being given the car ... as part of their contract the McLaren boys drive Mercs and the Ferrari boys drive Ferraris ... I wonder what Alonso drives this year????? I know McLaren have a few cars on display in their 'factory', a few old Formula 1 cars and I know there is a black F1 on display, they could easily have kept an F1-LM just for history sake ... it might be he's just 'lent' the car whenever he wants to play with it ... would be no use in Switzerland anyway!

Also you have to remember the relationship between Lewis and Ron/McLaren ... Lewis has been under their wing for a long time

I respect that but giving him a expensive historic car for winning the F1 Championship? Its his 2nd year for god's sake! Wait until he wins 3 and give it to him then. Give him a money bonus this year.

It doesn't matter how long he's been with them but they would be mad to give away a car like that. Bruce Mclaren would not be pleased to see that happen.