We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GT5 Prologue : Videos

The Queen

I thought I would start a topic for people to post up some of the best GT5 Videos. Heres one I found and it looks bloody amazing! The way the interior is with the sound drowned out and also the way the guy has his hands on the wheel. Small things like that :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-LE8yW2Mko

Add (&fmt=6) to the end of the URL if opened to see the higher quality version ;))

Now, now Forza Fanboy. This is what real realism is like ^^ ;)

I know im a fanboy, and i'm proud.

No, in my opinion GT5 is not realism. If you are filming a car going around the oval, you will hear the engine noise. You would even hear our Mondeo.

That's not realism imho.

I've played GT5 Prologue yesterday, wasn't impressed by the handling at all.

Actually sucked.

Mb sorry mate but GT5 Prologue is a huge step up from GT4 and is actually decent in it's physics right now. The oversteer, understeer and as usual the bodyroll and weight transfer is as expected. Forza fails so bad in this department however I won't lie, GT's sounds aren't great but they are being improved often and some cars sound very lifelike like the Mustang, F430 (since the update) and even the Integra.

GT with a wheel is an unrivalled console driving experience. Just watch the F2007 Formula 1 cars race I posted below this thread and tell me that doesn't look like a lot of FUN!

@ Diablo: It is definately a very big steup from GT4. GT4 graphics were quite crap imho, and the physics sucked as hell :p I believe that the physics in Forza are better. As i've said i've played GT5P yesterday, and wasn't actually impressed. Only thing i actually liked were the Nissan GT-R, Lexus IS-F and the graphics. ;) But hé, it took Gran Turismo 5 games to get like that ;) How will Forza 3 be then. You can't compare it to FM2.

By the time GT5 is out, FM3 could be out aswell. So then we'll do some good comparisons :D

And the game sure looks fun, but i can have loads in NFS: Hot Pursuit in that time ;)

I still think it will be beaten. If you LOOK at the models of the cars between GT5 and Forza for example the F430. The GT5 model looks so much more complete and i'm sorry to say this but the Forza model looks stretched somehow. I'm talking about the comparison in this video :

It's not just the modelling either. I think the noise of the F430 and other cars are better in GT5 than Forza. I'll give it though that GT5 is out after Forza and maybe Forza 3 can win back some ground. We will see ;)

I do agree with you that the flyby sound in GT5 needs worked on. It does sound a little fake but come on this is not the full version so you can't really judge ;)

Yes, the graphics on GT5 are better then Forza.

The exhaust on GT5 look better then Forza aswell.

But keep in mind, the date of release has a difference of 2 years.

In the last year graphics went up by miles. ;)

And also, GT4 became very boring to me, as you all drive a stock car.

You can't change anything on the exterior! (Except spoilers here and there on GT4)

On Forza you can do so much with your car, i think that is an advantage aswell.

And i think 40 euro for a Demo is a bit much.

Mb did you turn on the Pro physics and then turn off traction control and last but not least use a wheel? If not then imo this isn't the experience you can compare with GT5 P. ;)

Yes, Yes and No. My friend doesn't have a wheel on his PS3.

I play Forza on a controller aswell, so i can compare ;)

I believe that the physics in Forza are better.

Mb you have the 360 wheel right? I'n my experience with Forza it has better braking physics and others I can't even bother to name. When FM3 does come out I hope 360 comes with a wheel worth playing the game for. Cuz I can't get any good experience out of a controller. The is why i play Racing games. The game is crap with a good experience i.e Forza. (360 wheel is rubbish)

Imo Forza 2 was fun, but GT5: Prologue is very fun. GT4 graphics were brilliant at the time, don't compare them to Forza 2 on 360. There was a large deal of understeer in GT4 but GT3s physics were brilliant, and to me Forza physics have always been more Arcade-ish than realistic. I'm not saying they are like arcade game's physics, they are just more arcade-ish than realistic. Forza 2 graphics (to me) are good but i think a few people will be able to agree with me that Prologue looks better than real life :D.

The sounds in GT4 were a big let-down and the sound from my Ferrari 355 on Forza impresses me every time but Prologue now sounds like the actual cars, especially the 430 and M3.

In my opinion, GT5 Prologue owns Forza 2 except for customization, but GT never aimed for it, and i don't think that bothers people too much. And of course the lack of cars and tracks in Prologue but come on, it's a demo.

Have either Mb or Diablo actually driven any of these cars around a race track? 'cause if neither of you have, your arguments about what is 'realistic' are worthless :p

Compared to what i experienced in a Gallardo on the N'Ring, Forza get's really close imho. :) (Except for the Ring itself, which isn't the best in Forza.)

Driven my mates Evo VI a good few years ago which was mental and I remember when using the wheel on GT4 the understeer was a bit much but the weight transfer and in some strange way the length of the car was easy to judge the same way you could the actual. It's hard to explain but even though you can never feel it in a game I always know where the rear of the car is.

But hé, it took Gran Turismo 5 games to get like that ;) How will Forza 3 be then. You can't compare it to FM2.

What your forgeting Mb is that 2 outings of GT was out on the PS1 which was how long ago??

GT5P is the first outing on a next gen console, and what the dev probably ment by it being a demo is that its probably a test bed for the proper GT5.