We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

That's happened close to home !

-Lr-SpeedraceR

Again a new topic by me :p

But, I think its better to post all the things / photos / videos about things thats happened near you in one topic than create one for each event ;)

I start with a fire last day morning, I heard lot of firetruck sirene, so I decided to woke up, and saw a lot of dark smoke from a 18 floors tower :oook: I went closer and saw that an appartment was burning :eek:

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, fortunately ;)

Incendie%20Tour%20Borny%20(1).jpg

Incendie%20Tour%20Borny%20(2).jpg

Incendie%20Tour%20Borny%20(3).jpg

Incendie%20Tour%20Borny%20(4).jpg

Incendie%20Tour%20Borny%20(5).jpg

Incendie%20Tour%20Borny%20(6).jpg

Incendie%20Tour%20Borny%20(7).jpg

Incendie%20Tour%20Borny%20(8).jpg

Incendie%20Tour%20Borny%20(9).jpg

Incendie%20Tour%20Borny%20(10).jpg

Incendie%20Tour%20Borny%20(11).jpg

Incendie%20Tour%20Borny%20(12).jpg

Incendie%20Tour%20Borny%20(13).jpg

I'm waiting to see some interesting things from you too :)

Again a new topic by me :p

But, I think its better to post all the things / photos / videos about things thats happened near you in one topic than create one for each event ;)

I start with a fire last day morning, I heard lot of firetruck sirene, so I decided to woke up, and saw a lot of dark smoke from a 18 floors tower :oook: I went closer and saw that an appartment was burning :eek:

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, fortunately ;)

- images snipped -

I'm waiting to see some interesting things from you too :)

wow, i hope no one was hurt or in the apartment at the very least

mine, well i once witnessed a huge crash right infront of me, but that was when i had a crappy nokia with no camera -.-

kinda had one car on one side of the road with another driving past me, the first lost the back, spun and kinda went head on into the second, the cars stopped 3 feet away from me and i got hit by a flying piece of bumper =( luckily it was tiny :P

Speaking of crashes, I nearly had one too... Was about to cross the road (obviously not at a proper crossing point), which was just in front of a taxi stand, with my family and mum's friend from UK. Saw a gap in the traffic and was about to cross when 2 taxis came along, one with and the other without a passenger, and wouldn't you know it, just when I step off the kerb, the one without a passenger came from the back left (stand was on the right side of the road) and made a spectacular dive for the taxi stand, only to get hit by the other taxi... Catch was that the momentum of the first taxi cutting in pushed the second one right to the kerb (could hear the alloy scraping), and right over the point I was standing literally a second before. Thank goodness I jumped back on the kerb, but that was definitely one of the most scary things that ever happened to me

good ol' Pompiers, Do they Have the Air Raid Sirens LR?, Or is that just for smaller villages, The first time i heard them I nearly Soiled Myself!

Well a few Months before i moved to my Village it was half covered in water, thank god my house was on the upper part of the village or I wouldnt be living here now

and right over the point I was standing literally a second before

Same thing for a friend, he was chatting with antoher friend at a glass bus stop (sthg like that http://startine.blogs-de-voyage.fr/images/arretbus.JPG ). The bus came, then 2second after, a big noise of crash and glasses... a car had hit a girl and to try to avoid her, went onto the walk and smashed the bus stop :/

Carmadmike, what do u means by "the Air Raid Sirens" ?

Same thing for a friend, he was chatting with antoher friend at a glass bus stop (sthg like that http://startine.blogs-de-voyage.fr/images/arretbus.JPG ). The bus came, then 2second after, a big noise of crash and glasses... a car had hit a girl and to try to avoid her, went onto the walk and smashed the bus stop :/

Carmadmike, what do u means by "the Air Raid Sirens" ?

Ah, So its just my town, They Set of Air-Raid Sirens to tell the pompiers (who are volunteers) that theres either a crash or fire, get your arses to the station quick, they set them off all times of the day, in fact one went off 5mins before i wrote my first post

Woman loses arm in Over Wyre horror crash

TH1_125200853hambleton.JPG

Scene of crash

Published Date: 11 May 2008

By Lisa Ettridge

A WOMAN had part of her arm amputated after an horrific crash in Over Wyre.

The 25-year-old was the passenger in a van which crashed into a lamp post in an over wyre village in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Police believe the driver of the van lost control, causing the Volkswagen Caddy to skid into the object on the A588 Broadpool Lane in

the village.

Paramedics and police raced to the scene and gave emergency treatment to the woman before transferring her to Blackpool Victoria Hospital.

Doctors were forced to amputate the limb above the elbow.

Surgery

A spokesman for Lancashire Police said: "Two people were in a Volkswagen Caddy van when it appears the driver lost control and

collided with a lamp post.

"The female passenger in the front seat of the car sustained injuries

to her arm and was taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital by ambulance.

"She underwent surgery when she arrived at the hospital during

which her left arm was amputated just above the elbow."

A 34-year old man from Poulton has been arrested on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol and dangerous driving.

He has since been released on police bail.

This happened just outside where i get my petrol.

Baldreds post btw

Originally Posted by Local Paper

Woman loses arm in Over Wyre horror crash

TH1_125200853hambleton.JPG

Scene of crash

Published Date: 11 May 2008

By Lisa Ettridge

A WOMAN had part of her arm amputated after an horrific crash in Over Wyre.

The 25-year-old was the passenger in a van which crashed into a lamp post in an over wyre village in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Police believe the driver of the van lost control, causing the Volkswagen Caddy to skid into the object on the A588 Broadpool Lane in

the village.

Paramedics and police raced to the scene and gave emergency treatment to the woman before transferring her to Blackpool Victoria Hospital.

Doctors were forced to amputate the limb above the elbow.

Surgery

A spokesman for Lancashire Police said: "Two people were in a Volkswagen Caddy van when it appears the driver lost control and

collided with a lamp post.

"The female passenger in the front seat of the car sustained injuries

to her arm and was taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital by ambulance.

"She underwent surgery when she arrived at the hospital during

which her left arm was amputated just above the elbow."

A 34-year old man from Poulton has been arrested on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol and dangerous driving.

He has since been released on police bail.

This happened just outside where i get my petrol.

Bad crash :/

There was also a very bad crash at the intersection just down my appartment... a bike hit a car, then explode and burnt :/ (with the biker and his passenger :/)

ok, amputations and explosions...fun days :P