We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Bye Bye Xbox........

Nodz86

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It fiannlly went today, 43 days after it died, hopefully it gets back soon.

An Alfa's meeting?? your be as sad as me and Shar soon and start taking it to shows.

Took you're time Nodz ... 43 days ! you could have had it back and been playing ... erm ... something long before now!

As to the Alfa meet and shows ... been there, seen it, done it and even bought the T-shirt (quite a few actually) when I was into the whole Mini thing ... even drove it across to Bandon in Ireland once ... not fun when 2 of the cars your driving with top out at 70mph due to their final drives in the straight cut boxes!

Not too sure how much I'll partake in the Alfa scene ... depends on what the crowd is

I presume yours is the MG? ... a mate one a prize at some MG show at Silverstone(?) last summer for his MGF/TF

Took you're time Nodz ... 43 days ! you could have had it back and been playing ... erm ... something long before now!

As to the Alfa meet and shows ... been there, seen it, done it and even bought the T-shirt (quite a few actually) when I was into the whole Mini thing ... even drove it across to Bandon in Ireland once ... not fun when 2 of the cars your driving with top out at 70mph due to their final drives in the straight cut boxes!

Not too sure how much I'll partake in the Alfa scene ... depends on what the crowd is

I presume yours is the MG? ... a mate one a prize at some MG show at Silverstone(?) last summer for his MGF/TF

I know I should have got my backside into gear sooner.

What did he win the prize for?? I or should I say we as it ain't my car ain't going to Silverstone but we're going to the MGfest again its moved to Gaydon at the Motor museum and we get free tickets to the Museum with the show so that should be interesting.

I finally got a chance to take a look at the replacement box yesterday night.

So it would seem that they replaced the innards, as well as the casing. (Not just the front panel)

So how do I know this? Well... The note that followed the box, when it was returned, said that it was a faulty DVD-drive (Didn't know these could cause RROD).

So I know they replaced the DVD. It is quite silent compared to the old one. Which incidentally is also the case for the box itself. Fans are quieter, the disc doesn't spin like an apache gunship taking off. It's quite a treat.

The case had a dent in it from where I dropped the recharger for my camera. Not a big dent, but it was there. Now it isn't anymore.

So I am thinking that I got a new one. I have to redo all the settings for TV and users and whatnot. Quite annoying.

But hey. At least it is back.

So it seems to me that when you get it back the 360 is considerably quieter.

Thats good, at the moment mine is pretty loud, I mean to the point where I now have to turn my stereo up louder because its got too loud :o.

So it seems to me that when you get it back the 360 is considerably quieter.

Thats good, at the moment mine is pretty loud, I mean to the point where I now have to turn my stereo up louder because its got too loud :o.

Mine is quite loud too, I wouldn't be able to tell if my PC was on if it didn't have lights on it because the xbox is so loud. Instead of turning my amp up and annoying everybody i just cover it up in a folded towel or two. That makes it barely audible but also makes it overheat after two hours

Strange, I managed to get on to the site just now and they are apparently waiting for my 360 still even though ups say its been delivered and tell me who has signed for it

yer just ignor that it happened to me aswell

still wait for mine back

due back 30th. 6 days after leaving frankfurt god thats slow

M$ has released a migration assistant for its DRM, you can use it to use download content offline now.

Thats in with the spring update that isn't an update ain't it??

UPS have recieved instructions to collected it so hopefully it'll be scanned in at there German collection centre tonight and make the 2day trip back.

great success, I have the RROD. It wouldn't connect to live when my PC was downloading and uploading just fine, so i decided to go on a single player game then bam, I got the RROD after about 10 minutes and it does it every time I try to play a game. Time to contact MS.

EDIT: not time to because there crappy online repair thing isn't working, I'll have to ring them up in the morning