We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your photos

Guest RB26DETT

Nice shot Davey!

My crits are that the image seems a little bit dull and there aren't really any vibrant colours. Maybe it would be an idea to do a sepia or black and white example to see what that looked like? Also there seems to be a build up of grain/noise at the left hand side of the image. You could easilly have removed that in photoshop although maybe you already tried to?

However I do like the way you have portrayed the age of the shed and that it seems to be have been and still is neglected and appears to have an overgrown look about it with the plants growing up the sides. Also the fact the windows? have been boarded up and that the shed has been left out of control with moss growing on the door and in several other places. The way you have cropped the image also makes it appealing to the eye!

Nice attempt. :)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have been boarded up and that the shed has been left out of control with moss growing on the door and in several other places.

I'm pretty sure that the moss has gotten out of control and gotten onto some of the windows, since they don't look boarded up (why would you even go into the hassle of boarding up a Shed Window ;))

I do agree that that last page had way too many photos on it. I think there should be an unwritten rule of something like max 10 photos per post or per page, per person. Otherwise even people on fast connections have to wait ages for it to load.

I'm not agree. This is a "post your photos" topic, so you know there are many photos in it. When I want to see new posts, I open this topic on a new page, and while it's loading, I read other things.

Same about the 800*600 rule, I think 1024*768 is better, and it could be accepted on this part of the forum especially made for photos.

Anyway, I have almost 100 pictures of a roadtrip and 85 pictures of a car show, I will only put a link to another forum where I can post all the pictures. I think its not cool, but I'm not going to resize each pic for each forum, calculate how many pics is on each page/post, etc. ;)

Loving the second shot there Car Freak - I've always loved sunsets!

Nice shot Davey!

My crits are that the image seems a little bit dull and there aren't really any vibrant colours. Maybe it would be an idea to do a sepia or black and white example to see what that looked like? Also there seems to be a build up of grain/noise at the left hand side of the image. You could easilly have removed that in photoshop although maybe you already tried to?

Nice attempt. :)

Attempt? Pah! What you described as my 'downfalls' were exactly what I was aiming for! I wanted it to be a sort of bland photo, because I prefer giving photos a mood rather than more vibrant colours. I thought that B&W is a bit too far in this case, hence why I kept it to colour. I wanted to portray the innocence of this poor shed that has indeed been neglected.

And the windows aren't boarded up, they are just like that; I have no idea why. We didn't put the shed there, hence its innocence - its been here longer than us and yet it still can't fight back its case.

I'm not agree. This is a "post your photos" topic' date=' so you know there are many photos in it.[/quote']

I see your point; this is indeed a place to put photos, but I prefer to see it as a place to place your best photos. On another forum I'm on, they have a similar thread to this which has a '1 photo per person per day' rule. I'm not suggesting this, but there it works because it makes you think what photo you want to share with everyone - and sure enough its likely to be your best. And for me at least it makes me strive to be better (that place is full of truly excellent photographers).

Restricting the number of photos would IMO bring out the best talent from everyone. If you just post everything straight from your camera, sure we will get a good idea of how your day went at a car show or whatever, bu if you had to think about which photos to post, you would post the best ones.

I see your point; this is indeed a place to put photos, but I prefer to see it as a place to place your best photos. On another forum I'm on, they have a similar thread to this which has a '1 photo per person per day' rule. I'm not suggesting this, but there it works because it makes you think what photo you want to share with everyone - and sure enough its likely to be your best. And for me at least it makes me strive to be better (that place is full of truly excellent photographers).

Restricting the number of photos would IMO bring out the best talent from everyone. If you just post everything straight from your camera, sure we will get a good idea of how your day went at a car show or whatever, bu if you had to think about which photos to post, you would post the best ones.

I see your point too. And I agree with. :)

Because I know this kind of pictures topics. On another forums about pictures too, there is a general topic where you can post all your pictures (good or bad, fantastic or not, of quality or phone picture,...) and another one only for, as you said, our best shots.

Maybe should we make this too here ?

(ps: I hope my english is enough understandable ;) )

SpeedraceR's comment about having two threads I think is brilliant. This one can be the 'generic thread' - so you post your large numbers of photos here - irrelevant of quality/awesomeness. Then we make a new thread where people post their best pictures of the day.

But we would have to agree on something - how many photos per person per day? 1? 5? I think 10 would be way too many - I reckon 1 is good, but lets see what the photographic public say... :P

Attempt? Pah! What you described as my 'downfalls' were exactly what I was aiming for! I wanted it to be a sort of bland photo, because I prefer giving photos a mood rather than more vibrant colours.

Hehe. I do see what you mean here but it's just lacking a little bit of contrast and imo the sky is too bright or maybe you were aiming for a bright sky too to show that not everything is dull ;)

Amen to that... As for "showing what type of day you had" well theres already a thread for this. I would rather post up my best shots than a whole load of rubbish ones in the photo topic as it sort of defeats the point of the topic in the first place, imo. But yeah maybe a seperate thread for the best shots as thats what everybody seems to want.

beautiful pics everyone, here are some of mine, sorry if size is too big

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/prejan/IMG_1298.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/prejan/IMG_1299.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/prejan/IMG_1301.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/prejan/IMG_1187.jpg

Admin Message- Images that are too big have been removed, check out the rules here