We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your photos

Guest RB26DETT

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you use an tripod ? Thhanks for answering if i see a lot of stars i will try

My favorite is the first one it look more realist than the second. I'm not really fan of "fisheyes" but that look pretty good with the night sky

f2.5 all people know that ^^

Do you use an tripod ? Thhanks for answering if i see a lot of stars i will try

My favorite is the first one it look more realist than the second. I'm not really fan of "fisheyes" but that look pretty good with the night sky

f2.5 all people know that ^^

Yes i use a tripod ;) You live in france right? Go out this night at 22.00 or later, then you will get some cool pics :)

Have fun :)

There some nice arty shots, I'll have to give it a go. I don't usually work with ISO's that high when I'm on a tripod. I'll experiment tonight.

Great to hear that :D I'll have to go on a field far from the city one time, to get some cool pics ;)

Have fun :)

So I attempted this briefly, didn't get many shots as I still feel dreadful. The downside of being in the suburbs is that there is a lot of people, and with them comes a lot of light. The light pollution makes it near impossible to get anything decent. I would definitely like to try this again though in somewhere more remote and possibly with my prime which stops down to f1.8.

Oh and it was windy so the tree's blurred xD

1z2zkeu.jpg

Didn't go so well..

30s

f3.5

10mm

ISO 720

Manual Focus

It's tricky, I must say.

well I aint gonna get any good night sky shots cause my max shutter speed is 8 seconds :(

Well maybe you can set the ISO higher then 1600 then its possible that you get some good pics, you just have to try it ;) And what camera do you have?

So I attempted this briefly, didn't get many shots as I still feel dreadful. The downside of being in the suburbs is that there is a lot of people, and with them comes a lot of light. The light pollution makes it near impossible to get anything decent. I would definitely like to try this again though in somewhere more remote and possibly with my prime which stops down to f1.8.

Oh and it was windy so the tree's blurred xD

-pic-

Didn't go so well..

30s

f3.5

10mm

ISO 720

Manual Focus

It's tricky, I must say.

Yea try to not get trees or building in the picture, it only takes light away that you can get from the stars

And is ISO 720 your max?

You sometimes really have to drive a while and look for a place where the sky is not lit up by some streetlight or airports or whatever

And you focused the threes, try to focus a bright star, or a light which is far away

And yes it's tricky, these arent by first nightsky pics i did ;)

E: here my progress

I started with this:

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Then went to this:

Then to this:

And this is my best pic so far: