We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Wooooot!!! I Passed!!!!!!

ShadowGT

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTH?? 25/30 weeks!?!?! are they mad!? you can't choose how many hours/sessions to enroll in?:eek:

i was fine with 10 hours, 2 hours a day so that's 5 sessions. and that's manual transmission already.

Your test is obviusly a hell of a lot eaiser than the one over here. You can choose, you can have parents teach you but test is very difficult with about a 40% pass rate. I've had 10 hours now and while I can drive i can only do it badly, can't do any parking, reverse around corner ect.

Would be intressting to see how the test works in different countrys, gunna go and look online lol.

Your test is obviusly a hell of a lot eaiser than the one over here. You can choose, you can have parents teach you but test is very difficult with about a 40% pass rate. I've had 10 hours now and while I can drive i can only do it badly, can't do any parking, reverse around corner ect.

Would be intressting to see how the test works in different countrys, gunna go and look online lol.

My sister had the same ammount of time(ish), And she passed the week she turned 18, and had a car a few months before that :oook:

I think ill be the same though, Start lessons ASAP, And then pass ASAP, and parents should have a car waiting for me :)

Congrats Shadow, Now the world really is free for you!

Guest RB26DETT

LOL. If you want i can give you a copy of the checklist they give us for our instructor to grade us. There are different objectives/maneuvers per day to accomplish. I don't know if still have it. I'll rummage through my messy room once I get home from work. :o

I was going to have my parents teach me, but to put me on their policy the insurance for our car would go from Under £200 to Over £1500

Damn insurance companies >.<

This is why i have a motorbike, £130 a year FTW :D

^ Sure its not a Merc, but when you have to pay for your own car and insurance (my parents will pay for me to drive their car, but thats a Kangoo...) a Clio Campus technically is a latest model car. So its still very expensive, but maybe not for you, because you don't have a 7 grand bill to pay for the car, only for the insurance, which is probably cheaper than here in 'lets rip everyone off' Britain.

If I were to get a 2002 Clio 1.2 for when I am 17 (I'm not), it would cost around £3000 for the car, then a further £1700 a year to insure just me, then there is road tax, petrol etc to consider as well as the costs of driving lessons and tests. Man I hate this country for its expenses.

My sister only got the renault clio Campus, The model before the newest one, not exactly a merc is it

Technically that's a new car 'cause they still make it as the Renault Clio Campus aongside the current Clio. It may just have been an older Clio ;)

Either way, I'm looking at older clios than that :p

^ Same here. I love the previous model (like the campus), so an '01-'02 would be perfect. There are some going around at the moment for £2500. Really nice cars as well, with all the toys you could want. And I've checked, and insurance with 1 years no-claims bonus (i.e. buy it when you are 18) costs about £700 a year, so not all that bad.

Cost me (or parents) just under a grand for insurance on there policy for a 1.5 litre Swift. Not to bad.

As to the American driving licence? Your instucture pass's you? There is the difference lol, we have to take lesson knowing how to drive the car without any major faults and very few minor ones and then you have to do two of so many movers like bay parking in a tes plus we have to do a theory and hazard perception test. Need to pass all three to get a licence. The test is suppose to be very difficult and nurve racking.

^ Yeah. Third Party is cheaper but it is still very expensive for us. You are very lucky.

As to the American driving licence? Your instucture pass's you? There is the difference lol' date=' we have to take lesson knowing how to drive the car without any major faults and very few minor ones and then you have to do two of so many movers like bay parking in a tes plus we have to do a theory and hazard perception test. Need to pass all three to get a licence. The test is suppose to be very difficult and nurve racking.[/quote']

And then there is the fact that what we are taught, and this goes for all tests, not just the driving one, not how to drive, but how to pass the test. Wheel shuffling (the way we have to do it in the test) is actually quite dangerous, and no-one in the world actually does it. I would prefer a test in which your driving ability is actually tested, not how well you can remember things.

Congratz, I know what you feel when you success, just got my licence 3 months ago, that's great, you can go where you want when you want :)

Here, in France, you have 2 exam to pass : a theorique one, based on all the signs and general things of driving : 40 questions, 5 mistakes maximum to success. Then you got driving lesson, on manual, because here the majority of the car are manual : the overall hour number of lesson is about 30h, then you pass the test : you drive 15-30min, you have 2 technical question about the car (the lights, the command, etc) and 2 maneuvers to do (I got a U turn and a straight backward, easy :p ).

And all of that costs about 1000€.