We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1: Grand Prix of Monaco

Mb

Sutil hit's the same patch just before Raikkonen as you can see his car steps out for a split second but he knew how to control it and kept it going as did everyone else behind, Kimi was well below par today, everyone's saying this even the Finn's!

Whatever !!!!!!!

I could use the whole tyre setup excuse because Ferrari even said before Saturday they had problems with tyre setups etc etc so that might have had something to do with it but I honestly don't know I only said a damp patch because the track was still wet in places !!!

Nige there was no wet patch, damp patch or whatever you may say it was that caused kimi to accelerate into the back of Sutil, if he was braking the wheels would either lock up or he would slow down and he it is clear that those things didnt happen and i can guess that the only wet patch was, and that is where you were sat.

I will admit when I saw Kimi crash into Sutil my head sunk into my hands, I'm not gonna lie ...........

Oh and I was shouting at the TV when 'wonder kid' was first :o.

F1 is just like Hockey I get deeply into it and I go mad when something doesn't go my/our way !!!

Nige, you're only saying it's a damp patch because the presentors said so. If they hadn't of mentionned it, you wouldn't be saying it was a damp patch ... so don't give us that :p

Not entirely true because even if they didn't mention the damp bit I could have said it because the track was still wet in places !!!

Whatever !!!!!!!

I could use the whole tyre setup excuse because Ferrari even said before Saturday they had problems with tyre setups etc etc so that might have had something to do with it !

Was there a problem in qualifying, I dont think so, I think they were just putting an excuse out there in case something went wrong, which it did

The only races he seems to win are the ones where its a Ferrari one two up front and thats how it stays for the whole race.

Hey man, take a look at GP Japan 2005 at Suzuka, when he began in the back of the grid and finally won after overtaking Fisichella in last lap in a great manouver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V3qTjA-z-Y

In spanish media, Alonso has said that "...I made an error trying overtaking Heidfield in that tight corner". Bad day for him and for his fans like me.

Anyway, take a close look for the fantastic start by Hamilton, overtaking Kimi. Since his "button trouble" in Bahrein, he has done very good starts.

He enjoyed this victory so much, I believe, because everything that happened in this race last year, in Monaco streets began "Hamilton Vs. Alonso War".

Oh dear.

Kimi delibrately crashed into Sutil to take him out cos he was a Force India, a car that should have been at the back but he was racing with everyone else.

Lost all respect for Kimi now. I hope Force India send Kimi the repair bill.

Right I normally avoid these threads for obvious reasons but felt the need to post. So you all know I only tuned in with 47 laps to go.

Right Nige all this Hamilton was "lucky" crap, if you think about it most drivers had a lucky race Massa did and others (its early can't really remember others).

The race basically came down to who had the most "luck" and made the right decisions at the right time. Also a few of them had superb races like Kubica and Sutil, and that brings me nicely onto the next point.

Now before you start I ain't saying this coz I'm a Hamilton fanboy nor am I saying this coz I hate Kimi as he is normally a good driver.

Basically Kimi had more luck than others, he hit the walls a few times and still finished unlike som of the field. Now onto the major incident with Sutil, basically they both drive the same line and somehow Kimi looses it, personally I don't think he hit a damp patch, who knows what actually happened, but I totally agree with the Force India man (was he the Stratagy bloke??) that if it was the other way round and Sutil took out Kimi then the FIA would be taking action but as its not that way nothing will probably happen. Also I doubt he appogised to Sutil after like what Kovalinien (sp) did to Jenson when they had a similar incident on that part of the circuit.

Its a real shame as Sutil had a brilliant race one of the best out of all drivers and he gets knocked out but all Kimi gets is another broken nose cone and carries on.

Right I normally avoid these threads for obvious reasons but felt the need to post. So you all know I only tuned in with 47 laps to go.

Right Nige all this Hamilton was "lucky" crap, if you think about it most drivers had a lucky race Massa did and others (its early can't really remember others).

The race basically came down to who had the most "luck" and made the right decisions at the right time. Also a few of them had superb races like Kubica and Sutil, and that brings me nicely onto the next point.

Now before you start I ain't saying this coz I'm a Hamilton fanboy nor am I saying this coz I hate Kimi as he is normally a good driver.

Basically Kimi had more luck than others, he hit the walls a few times and still finished unlike som of the field. Now onto the major incident with Sutil, basically they both drive the same line and somehow Kimi looses it, personally I don't think he hit a damp patch, who knows what actually happened, but I totally agree with the Force India man (was he the Stratagy bloke??) that if it was the other way round and Sutil took out Kimi then the FIA would be taking action but as its not that way nothing will probably happen. Also I doubt he appogised to Sutil after like what Kovalinien (sp) did to Jenson when they had a similar incident on that part of the circuit.

Its a real shame as Sutil had a brilliant race one of the best out of all drivers and he gets knocked out but all Kimi gets is another broken nose cone and carries on.

Yay! A long, well thought out post with valid points to hopefully end this argument once and for all! :excited:

Woot! Go Hamilton and McLaren! Imagine if Heikki's car didn't stall at the start. May have been 2 McLaren drivers on podium.

I gotta give props to Sutil. He was driving one helluva race. Too bad Kimi slammed into him. I was hoping that he would be able to get up and keep going. Not sure exactly what caused Kimi to do that, but remember. that was the EXACT same place Coulthard crashed during qualifying. I'm certaintly not a Raikonnen fan, but I'm not blaming him. Either way, I'm sure that everyone will be keeping an eye on Sutil in Canada. And congrats to Webber and Vettel who were able to score some sweet points for Red Bull and STR.

LOOL Actually I'm a Lewis Hamilton fan. Kubica did a good job as well and so did Sutil. The two Sabasitions only exist so we can laugh about how bad they are LOL

Vettel and Bourdais are definately NOT crap.

You should know how good Bourdais is since you live in America, 3 time Champ car Champion, the reason why he's not doing well in F1 is because

1. He hasn't got used to it.

2. The car is rubbish.

And Vettel isn't crap. Its his first whole year, 2 years before he just won Formula BMW in his debut year and then snapped up as a test driver for BMW and now a race driver for Toro Rosso.

I had to argue against that point, the person to laugh at is Nelson Piquet, he makes me laugh. He should be a test driver not a bloody driver. Every race he's either retired or spun.

That crash at Monaco was far from minor. He's lucky there was a catch area. Hitting a wall at the speeds they travel out of the tunnel would be bad.

There is also talk that Rubens may be leaving F1, possibly for Indy.