We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gumball Style Cruise - Saturday, 07 June.

Baltoman

Gumball Style Cruise - Having a problem here, wait

Ok, Im organizing a cruise for tommorow, yes I know I should of organized a week ago but its nothing big actually... Its just a have lots of fun cruise. The cruise will be around all the Island (200km) starting from the north lighthouse.

Restrictions-

max speed- 90mph (150km/h)

A-C class cars only (notice: If u get A class cars it will be harder to control the speed)

Road rules (no crashing all the time, stop at red lights, organized traspassing cars)

Time- 5pm (-3 GMT) - So thats like 8 or 9pm in London

All Colors are permitted, only 2 cars should be the same

Entries:

1- Baltoman (BaltoACR)- Dodge Viper Coupe stage 3

2- Davi_Kad- Aston Martin Vanquish S stage 3

3- 560bhp- Ruf RT12 Stage 0

4- Speedtouch_Unlimited- Alfa Romeo 8C

5- MadMax- Noble M400 stage 3

6-

7-

8-

9-

10-

11-

12-

13-

14-

15-

I dunno if there can be more ppl in TDU at the same time.

Tell me what car and what stage it is if u wanna go

balto, you have to give more time for people to plan and say they'll come to these things ;) A week is about right. Even 3/4 days is pushing it in my experience. OK on other games its alright to organise on the day, howeevr TDU seems to be different :p

I might be able to come tomorrow.

Best thing to do it get like 4-5 people in a MSN convo and go.. MEET AT _ IN 5 MINS for a cruise.. Then you know everyone is there. All this "Let's organise it for ___day at _pm" doesn't work. People suddenly get called out by their parents or internet goes down or something happens and ruins it, just live for the present and PLAY!

balto, you have to give more time for people to plan and say they'll come to these things ;) A week is about right. Even 3/4 days is pushing it in my experience. OK on other games its alright to organise on the day, howeevr TDU seems to be different :p

I might be able to come tomorrow.

Best thing to do it get like 4-5 people in a MSN convo and go.. MEET AT _ IN 5 MINS for a cruise.. Then you know everyone is there. All this "Let's organise it for ___day at _pm" doesn't work. People suddenly get called out by their parents or internet goes down or something happens and ruins it, just live for the present and PLAY!

Yes, yes I know. Next week Im preparing another cuise. This one was just a "lets see what happens" cruise. If ppl dont show up, I dont really care, its just for fun anyways.

@Balto - OK, also bear in mind that people are currently having exams atm, so might not be finished. Which is why I'm waiting for 20th. But by all means feel free :)

Best thing to do it get like 4-5 people in a MSN convo and go.. MEET AT _ IN 5 MINS for a cruise.. Then you know everyone is there. All this "Let's organise it for ___day at _pm" doesn't work. People suddenly get called out by their parents or internet goes down or something happens and ruins it' date=' just live for the present and PLAY![/quote']lol, you can tell youve never oragnised one hehe! ;) <3

With the community size we have (quite a lot) but not big enough to always have a high demand of people free to sudenly go crusing, it's not possible to organise a decent cruise in 5 mins on MSN! I know you cannot possibly be 100% sure you'll be free in 6 days time to cruise at exactly 8pm, but it makes people aware and (hopefully) they try to get back intime :p I decided to walk back from Homebase once (25 mins) as Dad was taking too long, just for a cruise xD I do live for the present, but you have to accomodate others into it to make TDU good. I get bored easily when crusing by myself! And a lot of others do. Group cruises are what make TDU, TDU :)

ps. *cough* we're GMT+1

^ private joke :D ^

You completely mis-read my post, I said if you have people on MSN!

Example:

"

*Adds Person1 to MSN convo*

*Adds Person2 to MSN convo*

*Adds Person3 to MSN convo*

You: "So are you all gonna be on for a while?"

Persons1234: "Yah, sure"

You: "Alright, wanna cruise?"

Person1: "Sure, meet at the lighthouse in 5 mins?"

You: "Yah, you all have my on friends list, jump to me."

Person2: "Wait, let's do road rules, not over 90mph"

Person4: "Good idea"

Person3: "Seeya there..."

*end*

"

Then you have the exact same cruise that this Balto guy is trying to create, the people are guaranteed to be there and it'll be some fun. No-one can suddenly not turn up because of unforeseen issues.

You completely mis-read my post, I said if you have people on MSN!

Example:

"

*Adds Person1 to MSN convo*

*Adds Person2 to MSN convo*

You: "So are you all gonna be on for a while?"

Persons1234: "Yah, sure"

You: "Alright, wanna cruise?"

Person1: "Sure, meet at the lighthouse in 5 mins?"

You: "Yah, you all have my on friends list, jump to me."

Person2: "Wait, let's do road rules, not over 90mph"

Person4: "Good idea"

Person3: "Seeya there..."

*end*

"

Then you have the exact same cruise that this Balto guy is trying to create, the people are guaranteed to be there and it'll be some fun. No-one can suddenly not turn up because of unforeseen issues.

I did read your post perfectly. And, as I said and I will repeat, with a community our size (PC) there is never really any time where 4/5 people will be available to cruise. OK, you may "have the luck" once in a while , but you cant do it on a general basis! You've never tried it so how can you say it'll happen? I've tried it on many occasions.

I agree, in theory it should work, but it doesn't. Fact.

<3

Sensei, Yes, I agree that there are going to be some let downs with a cruise organised a week in advance. Christ, there always are, look at the last Gumball!

However, you will get a much better cruise organising it a week in advance. I AND others have many many many many cruise threads to back this up and I have many MSN convos to back me up further. Unfortunately they probably aren't saved and I'm not tralling through them all. Sensei, until you have tried on many occasions, to organise a cruise (with 6/7 days notice) and many MSN spur of the moment things. You have no ground to stand on! Seriously, you cannot possibly have any proof that what your statement, states, is correct. You've only ever been to 2 cruises! Once before I was here :p And another was 20 mins of the Gumball before your GPU overheated or you had low FPS, whatever.

I will say this for a third time ... "with a community our size, a relatively small MSN networked group size (for regular TDU'ing PC'ers) a spur of the moment thing cannot happen succesfully more times than a week in advance organised one. I agree, you may get lucky and get some people who are free once in a while, but not all the time." See you Monday morning :p xx

Anywayyyyyyy, balto, if you're organising one for next week, will it be the same time and place? As 9pm here is a bit late. I (personally) would prefer it at 8pm. But I understand, with you being in Brazil, that might be a bit impractical ...

ps. Sorry for "spamming" but Sensei has caught me in a bad mood, and has no evidence to back himself up :p *bows down in appology* xD