We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Battlefield 2 problem

Camel

Well I found my old copy of Battlefield 2 today and installed it. It didn't work so i reinstalled it, again it didn't work, it just comes up with a black screen. So I alt + tabbed out and there is the Battlefield 2 one and an error but i couldn't dee what the error was.

I ran it in windowed mode so I could see the error and it says the game needs directx 9.0c or higher to play. Well I had directx 10 running on xp. I thought that might be the problem so i removed all off the directx 10 files i put in the system32 folder and then reinstalled directx9 and rebooted. But it still comes up with the sme error, but games like crysis, GTR2 etc run fine with no problems

Can anbody help?

There was quite a large patch for BF2 released a while ago now which was supposed to fix a lot of errors, have you tried downloading that at all, I'll try and find you a link if not.

EDIT: Ok, so it's 530Mb, I thought it was 5.3Gb Lol so not as big as I thought...

Click

There was quite a large patch for BF2 released a while ago now which was supposed to fix a lot of errors, have you tried downloading that at all, I'll try and find you a link if not.

EDIT: Ok, so it's 530Mb, I thought it was 5.3Gb Lol so not as big as I thought...

Click

Yeah, did that earlier and it came up with the same error

EDIT: I just rolled back to directx 8.1 and reinstalled the full directx 9.0c package and now get an error saying that d3dx9_25.dll is missing, I know how to fix this problem but i need to find that file first

EDIT2: I found the file an put it in the system32 folder and now it's telling me it can't load d3dx9_24.dll, I just hope it doesn't go any lower or higher otherwise i'll be here all night

I got it working at about 3, thinking that the time was only like 12 and then i wondered why light started coming in from behind the curtains. It then struck me it was about 5 but I had got past the point of tiredness and was wide awake again