We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

MS wants to be first out of the gate with Xbox 720

Nodz86

likewise, the 360 has been the biggest pain of all the consoles I have had.

the 360 is the only console that will go back in its box when the replacement comes out, i have faith in the build quality of everything except it!

my Atari 2600 (still working) is currently in a biscuit tin, sitting under about 10 of its own cartridges, my N64 is upside down in a shopping basket somewhere, the dreamcast is still hooked upto the TV...

speaking of which, i was playing the other day, I yanked the controller, the DC fell from about 3 feet high, landed upside down, and not only did it survive, it didnt even crash!

best build quality ever!

The problem was that the controller was too fat and uncomforatble. But it was a great console overall.

yer that was a problem but as you said the old xbox was OUTSTANDING far far better than its new, younger brother.

If microsoft go ahead with the "720" they really need to change there goal from mass production to quaility. I wouldn't mind wait a year or two longer if I knew the new product wouldn't break on me

• 2 months later...
If microsoft go ahead with the "720" they really need to change there goal from mass production to quaility.

They need to do both, I was a Sony fan for years and years, my original fat PS2 was only replaced by a slimline version and is still going strong with the lad I gave it to. Quality AND quantity in that case!

To be honest I only got the X Box 360 by accident as I won it in a raffle at work (a week before i was due to purchase a PS3!) and although I am absolutely made up with it so far I am so constantly aware of the potential for problems and I am always checking its not too hot etc etc.

Just my thoughts :lol:

GC :)

PS3 FTW!!!

J/k, it really doesn't surprise me that they will be out first, i just hope that RRoD doesn't exist NEARLY as much with this one, they keep producing Xbox 360 games and it's more like the original Xbox. The reasons i didn't get an X360 and waited for the PS3 instead were: 1.) They stopped making Xbox games as soon as the X360 came along, forcing people to move up, and that's not cool. 2.) I didn't want to have the run the risk of it dying on me eventually and me having to send it off for 6 months. 3.) I didn't see why i needed to move yet when the graphics on my Xbox were still brilliant and the X360 graphics really didn't look much better and they still don't tbh. But when the X720 comes along, i'll leave it a month or two. If everyone is happy and i can see they don't exclude X360 users from new stuff i'll get one.