We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Shut the hell up about England !!! *Sport commentary*

Eudemon

Anyone not from England watching the Euro 2008 game with Germany v Portugal knows what I'm talking about. I mean come to france, these idiots are talking about England who aren't even in the tournament and whenever they can they try and mention them somehow even if it's the most idiotic and stupid mention you could imagine.

Just before the ads came on we had this gem:

"It's difficult enough to beat Germany when you're England, who can do it here?"

It's only PORTUGAL v GERMANY that's playing so obviously the answer is Portugal. It's no wonder every country outside England hates the team and wants them to lose, it's not due to the team, it's due to the media and their complete bias.

Honestly you guys listen to them and count within the first 5mins of the 2nd half how many times England gets mentioned then tap the table or mark in the paper and count how many times England gets mentioned, you may very well be surprised and learn and actually see how much of a joke and headache the rest of us have to put up with this crap.

They even mention it on the Dutch commentary, idiots.

To bad England isn't in Euro 2008.

I like the way they play soccer, very different then the way it's played in Holland.

I want Portugal to win btw. I hate Germany, very much actually.

Motson is the worst for it, usually before the game has started England will have about 2 mentions.

---------------------------------------------------

55mins: "Ricardo scored that penalty against England in that infamous (how?) penalty shootout in Euro 2004"

We needed to know that yeah?

I dont hate England, I actually like England very much. I was thinking about living in England but some things there are too expensive.

Here in Brazil, ppl dont hate England either, when it comes to soccer and its England vs Brazil ppl are always like: " OMG Brazil should be careful, England are one of the best soccer players in the world". Dunno if its true but thats what many ppl think here.

Just ignore it. Or complain to ITV (put an sh in front of that to get the channel name)
They don't listen, check the ITV forums, so many non-English people voicing their opinions and even a good amount of english people also but do they take notice? Nope. It's going to take something big and something that will get noticed to make them actually take notice. Maybe attack the commentators who keep spouting the nonsense maybe?

I noticed this as well, the quote was something like

'Typical that the one qualifying group to produce two Quarter Final teams was England's group'

WHY is it?

If we had been switched for, say, Bosnia, they wouldn't have said 'Typical, Bosnia's group produced the most Quarter Finalists'

:mad:

And yeah, Motson is an idiot, my dad owned him with a comment during the Holland France match I think it was :P

The main annoyance for me is where they spout out random statistics that no-one cares about:

'Portugal have never won against Russia playing at home when it is 32°C outside, during rain, when the attendance is between 40 and 50 thousand people'

NO-ONE GIVES A......HOOT :rolleyes: