We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

First Driving Lesson

CptDarknuggets

Well I can shove something in my dads face later today.

I had my first driving lesson this morning and it seems that all those hours spent on LFS with the G25 paid off. Instructor said that my gear changes were smooth, my pedal control was smooth, my clutch balancing was excellent and my steering was presise.

So dad you were wrong. Computer games would aid me in real life!:D

Guest RB26DETT

lucky you got to use a G25 before driving lessons. :p

i use a x360 gamepad so i was like "wtf, no triggers?!" j/k :p

i'm doing my lessons soon, mum bought me 4 hours for my Bday i never used.

i'm with BSM which means that you drive a corsa and get patronised whilst doing so. apparently the ones around here repeat everything a million times to drag out the lessons to make you pay for more.

fortunately i've been on my bike for a while now and know the ways of the road, i got 48/50 in an online theory practice for the motorbike (only 2nd one i ever did) so hopefully i can cut out the dicking around and get into some driving

My first lesson is tomorrow. I'm with a local driving school, 5 hours for £55, + first lesson free for first time drivers, and they don't seem to run Corsas either :D

I'm now gonna chalk up some hours with my Logitech DFP on Gran Turismo 4 in a Micra on the Nurburgring. I'll just have to pretend I'm using the clutch and that the gear shifter is on the other side and that I'm stopping for traffic

Well when you've got a big RWD family saloon that likes to slide the tail out at the drop of a pin it does make it a bit more challenging & fun..........& scary (oversteer stops being fun when your parallel to the direction you should be going)

I like cycling. If you have a decent bike and are going downhill, nothing beats it. Ok, motorbikes go faster but they are bigger and you have to wear a space helmet. When I go cycling I wear a skin suit, for aerodynamic advantages and for the hell of it. A bike feels faster than a motorbike because there's very little to them. I did 57 miles the other weekend, and going downhill I hit 50 mph, it was brilliant :D

I like cycling. If you have a decent bike and are going downhill, nothing beats it. Ok, motorbikes go faster but they are bigger and you have to wear a space helmet. When I go cycling I wear a skin suit, for aerodynamic advantages and for the hell of it. A bike feels faster than a motorbike because there's very little to them. I did 57 miles the other weekend, and going downhill I hit 50 mph, it was brilliant :D

QFT. When you are going fast on a bicycle, there is nothing there to stop you from being hurt a lot. On a motorbike, what hurts you is the tree you become great friends with, whereas on a bicycle, its the road itself. Great fun! Anyone ever tried to get a speeding ticket on one (past a speed camera) :lol: Unfortunately we don't have any near to us, so I haven't. Although it isn't as good as driving.

QFT. When you are going fast on a bicycle, there is nothing there to stop you from being hurt a lot. On a motorbike, what hurts you is the tree you become great friends with, whereas on a bicycle, its the road itself. Great fun! Anyone ever tried to get a speeding ticket on one (past a speed camera) :lol: Unfortunately we don't have any near to us, so I haven't. Although it isn't as good as driving.

I made one flash and take a picture of me but they wouldn't be able to tell who I am and I got stopped by the police because I was going faster than the cars, they only told me to slow down a bit, that's all

not like they can take your license is it? ;)

i hit 31 in a 30, on a complely knackered mountainbike, it wasnt a proper speedcamera though, teh only reason i knew i was so fast was because there was one of the mobile speedcamera things that the police set up to make you aware of your speed, was a mobile thing that shows your speed on a screen. i got a sad face on the screen though for my antics :(

not like they can take your license is it? ;)

i hit 31 in a 30, on a complely knackered mountainbike, it wasnt a proper speedcamera though, teh only reason i knew i was so fast was because there was one of the mobile speedcamera things that the police set up to make you aware of your speed, was a mobile thing that shows your speed on a screen. i got a sad face on the screen though for my antics :(

There is always one of them on a road about a minute away from me and i rather stupidly set it off when I had someone else on the bike, he crapped himslf XD

Guest RB26DETT
Yeah. An automatic is called failure in life. I hope you don't have one...

And anyone who (in the UK) gets an auto-only licence deserves to be shot for being stupid.

we got one automatic and two manual vehicles.

my dad has an automatic civic, well he's old so yeah. :p

my corolla is a manual, and the family van (Hyundai Starex 11 seater) which i drive too is a manual.

Ewww Vans :cry: