We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Grr, I'm Seeing red here

Who

1 red, in tghe lower right, to be specific.

my xbox just decided to brick itself, which is great :-x

I was playing the new geometry wars - fine

got bored, went on GTA. the parts on the loading screens that were supposed to be black were red and purple dotted, and in a nutshell, somewhat broken. Loaded the game and it was all blue and pink polarised crappyness.

restarted the box, 1 red light, notice to contact customer support, error code - E74 (hardware fault)

yay, now for my 3rd box in as many years.

tryin to make it get 3 red lights by overheating it now... :eek:

Can they tell if you do that??

They say they can tell when somebody has been avoiding the RRoD buy using the towel trick, whether they can tell if someone has reversed that procedure is beyond me, I highly doubt it though.

E74 is usually an issue with the AV cable mate, take the cable out the back and check again, that's usually one that's easily fixed.

He's already cooked it to 2 lights now :lol:

He says he checked the cables first though :/

i removed it from the towel(nice and toasty) and it was giving 2 lights (presssumably it realised it overheated)

i pressed power button, no response, unplugged it and put it back, loaded up fine.

gonna try GTA again

It has done it again, it was workin fine, then red gyponess on screen, then E74, i got a vid and pics if it helps...

gonna try and force it to get 3RLoD by towel tricking it, i am not paying £60 for a half assed refurb.

It has done it again, it was workin fine, then red gyponess on screen, then E74, i got a vid and pics if it helps...

gonna try and force it to get 3RLoD by towel tricking it, i am not paying £60 for a half assed refurb.

Good luck with that. I have been trying to force 3RRoD on mine for the last year, everytime I get it, it works fine the next day

its not AV i dont think, its happening with both my cables (VGA and the SD scart thing that you get with the core)

also, it only appears in-game, the dashboard is fine, and when i bring up the guide, it is too

• 2 weeks later...

right, strange things be going on...

if i play, it mucks up, always, generally within a few seconds of gameplay, however i have now discovered that if i play for a while, it reverts back to being Ok, ok, i have to endurean hour of playing an acid trip,but it's ok in the end.

just to give a perspective, this is what i first started getting...

2751715662_146871db4d.jpg

2751715338_183a4626f3.jpg

• 2 months later...

Right, i sent off the Xbox on monday, UPS delivered it yesterday, about 3ish...

but naturally, M$ dont think they have it, even though tracking says it was sent and signed for over 24 hours ago. according to the status report, they are:

'Waiting for device at service center - We have processed your order and are waiting for your console to arrive at our service center.'

God damn, I had to pay £50 for this, This incompetence is a joke.

'Waiting for device at service center - We have processed your order and are waiting for your console to arrive at our service center.'

You'll know when they have it because once they do that status page will have an error everytime you try to view it. If my experience was anything to go by.

I got E74 and had a new 360 within the hour. Just took my full warranty receipt, along with the box, to Best Buy and turned it in for an Elite upgrade (Bought the box for $400 new, paid an extra $100 to get it upgraded).

So, essentially, in 45 minutes time, my Xbox bricked, I turned it in, and was at home playing a brand new Elite.

Well, MS have dispatched it now, but UPS hasnt seemed to have done anything with it. it said they reieved shipping info yesterday but delivery tracker has done nothing all day >.>

They will recieve it about !9:00 and then it'll be on the overnight truck to get to London for tomorrow evening so they can then dispatch overnight to your local depot hopefully for that day if not be the follwing day.

The reason it'll be 19:00 is all courier firms deliver in the morning then collect during the afternoon til about 5ish. then it'll be unloaded and scanned in.