We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Greedy greedy Apple

Guest RB26DETT

Guest RB26DETT

I know iPod's generally are overpriced and that Apple sell overcharged electronics but don't you think this is just pushing it? They're charging $10 to update to the latest firmware that enables iPod Touch and iPhone owners to download third party applications onto their device. Cool idea, right? I'd gladly pay for the applications I'd want to download like; Crash Nitro Kart and Cro Mag Rally, but charging for the software is just ubsurb. What's even worse is that iPhone owners can get the software update for FREE! While us iPod Touch owners have to pay! What kind of discrimantion is that?

Think of it this way:

"Woop! I just bought myself this kick ass rig that has a QX9450 and 3x Nvidia GeForce GTX 280's in tri-sli that I spent a buttload of cash for"

Only to find out you don't have an Operating System and you have to spend more in order for it to work.

Apple, Greedy little b*stards.

I'm sticking to my 1.1.4 Jailbroken kthnxbai!

(Oh, if you're wondering why I'm complaining because it's only $10, $10 is a pretty big amount of money for us Filipinos.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/justin13/srslywtf.jpg

That is disgusting actually, I doubt many will bother and Apple will hopefully change their minds and whoever made this decision shot themselves in the foot as make Apple look like a greedy and selfish company, almost like Microsoft in the cheapness and downright dirty tactics that they are making THEIR customers go through for something they should get for free.

The new iFleece from Apple, you buy it then we charge you for it.

Guest RB26DETT

^ lol

I'm hoping a Jailbroken version of the 2.0 firmware is on it's way. I want Crash Nitro Kart really really badly.

MS should release a phone called the iPwned.

Unfortunately, I can see the majority of people buying it :(

E: Justin, I can images that a 2.0 jailbreak is on the way soon enough. You can already Jailbreak the iPhone using WinPwn ;)

E2: Also, why aren't you on msn? You need to look after your ill companion xD

Guest RB26DETT

E2: Also, why aren't you on msn? You need to look after your ill companion xD

I've been online for a good hour already. :oook:

That is disgusting actually, I doubt many will bother

Lol. This is how apple have survived since they re invented themselves. Plenty will buy it.

I don't know just how significant this update is but I'm not shocked. You pay to upgrade your OS on the computer this is the same practise just in minature.

I can see why you're mad the Touch really isn't a very old product and it seems kind of early on in the lifecycle to be paying to update already.

I haven't gone down the iPhone or iPod Touch route yet. I'll complain when I get there.

Guest RB26DETT

it's not like upgrading an OS, it's like updating one. it's like microsoft charging you to install service pack 1 for your vista machine. because imo, this just adds the feature of being able to buy applications from the itunes store.

Guest RB26DETT

hmmm weird. now whenever i sync my ipod touch to my laptop, it tells me there's a new firmware update, 1.1.5.

maybe they were like:

"oh this dude's not going to pay. he keeps declining the 2.0 firmware upgrade"

LOL