We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Which games to buy?

Iced_Bullet

I have £45 to spend from bday moneyz. Hit me with suggestions on which games I can buy for that money =]

Driving games are my forte and I suck at shooting games, but you don't get anywhere without practice ... so hit me with what ever. Only thing I wont be buying is any 'The Sims' style game :p Or one which requires a subsription like WoW.

Some I'm considering:

- rFactor

- Crysis

- 2142 Battlefield

Guest RB26DETT

do NOT get BF2142. it's crap! lack of classes and weapons. get BF2 instead and there's still tons of players online.

games i really enjoyed:

- Quake 4

- Bioshock

- Flatout 2 (get Ultimate Carnage since it's the newest one)

Buy something useful. But if you still want to buy a game, but Crysis.
What do you suggest is "useful" then? What am I missing from my life?

COD 4

Counter Strike Source

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (Get The Gold Pack And You Get The Original Game As well For About The Same Price)

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance - hmmm just youtube'd it and urh no :p Anyway which is the best overall game out of CoD4 and CSS? Multiplayer and "Story Mode" ?

Buy a second-hand Yugo Cabrio. :chuckle:
I have a feeling you're missing the point of this thread some what ... I asked for games, not to be told to buy something useful or a crappy little car ... grow up seriously!

rFactor, LFS, Half Life, Crysis.

All you need.

Ooh LFS, forgot about that =] Thanks.

do NOT get BF2142. it's crap! lack of classes and weapons. get BF2 instead and there's still tons of players online.

games i really enjoyed:

- Quake 4

- Bioshock

- Flatout 2 (get Ultimate Carnage since it's the newest one)

OK, yeah I enjoyed BF2 when I played on Sensei's ... I'll youtube the others and have a looook. =]

Team Fortress 2, you must ;)

If you like FPS then Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is a must and it's pretty cheap...

rFactor is definitly one to go for as it has so many mods for it including the Historix and the Gran Prix series.

If you don't already have Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 then it's also worth while getting that too. It's really addictive and can make for long hours of play if you become bored.

I find that Crysis is only good if you have a really good graphics card and have it on high as medium just doesn't cut it sometimes...

Guest RB26DETT

oh iced! since you have a porsche 911 wheel, get RACE07. i enjoyed it even if i only played it using a Xbox 360 controller.

then you can get GTR Evolution as a update for RACE 07 when it comes out. ;)

oh iced! since you have a porsche 911 wheel, get RACE07. i enjoyed it even if i only played it using a Xbox 360 controller.

He can't buy everything under the sun. But I agree that Race 07 is amazing with a wheel. Very realistic, more so than rFactor but rFactor has you playing for longer usually.

So is it realism or playability you are after? :p

GTR Evolution is a must if you do get Race 07 and is out at the end of this month apparently.

Funny though that theres nowhere you can preorder it from yet :oook:

Team Fortress 2, you must ;)

If you like FPS then Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is a must and it's pretty cheap...

rFactor is definitly one to go for as it has so many mods for it including the Historix and the Gran Prix series.

If you don't already have Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 then it's also worth while getting that too. It's really addictive and can make for long hours of play if you become bored.

I find that Crysis is only good if you have a really good graphics card and have it on high as medium just doesn't cut it sometimes...

TF2 - remember I have played it ;) Too cartoonish for me.

RSV:2 Not right now, maybe I shall get it later on around XMas perhaps.

rFactor is definately in the top 3 =]

RT 3 - Urh no. I dont have enough money to be wasting it on 1980s graphics that only a kid would be proud of xD I have brought this new rig and intend to use it properly!

Crysis - Check my Rig Menu thingy. Is that good enough :p ?

Also check my Rig Menu thingy. Under controllers ... :( Race 07 was an initial thought. I might resort to tying demos and seeing which one I feel is best for me.

You could always get both Race 07 and rFactor but i'm looking at your budget and it doesn't look promising.

TF2 - remember I have played it ;) Too cartoonish for me.

Too Cartoonish? So what? It's a great game and such a laugh sometimes. Theres so much coming out for it and it is the most updated game so every niggle gets fixed.

Guest RB26DETT

i was just recommending RACE07, not forcing him to get it. :p

oh. didnt know it was broken. it's still fun with a controller. ;)

as for the crysis, you'll play it on high/max settings maybe with 2x AA

No way will he get it on max. Thats for definite. The 8800 GTS can support medium on 4xAA and possibly high but may encounter slight lag.

You could always get both Race 07 and rFactor but i'm looking at your budget and it doesn't look promising.
rFactor, BF2 + Race 07 comes to £41.97 =]

Too Cartoonish? So what? It's a great game and such a laugh sometimes. Theres so much coming out for it and it is the most updated game so every niggle gets fixed.
It's just not my cup of tea. Jeeeez :oook:

Cool, maybe get the new Crysis for Christmas as it's out next month. Or wait till the reviews come out to see if it's better than Crysis 1. Yeah I think I'll put Crysis on hold for the mo.

@ RB + TSS, this might sort it:

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Iced your better off borrowing Assassins Creed off a friend, even though it's a good game. It's too repetative, I enjoyed it alot mainly because of graphics and gameplay but if I knew it was this repetative I would have borrowed off a friend crack it then give it back.

Battlefield 2 is a great game, I've had it since release on of the best and only fps games where you have numerous vehicles and weapons you can use.

Crysis is well worth it in my opinion especially for someone with a good gaming rig, Crysis had a goo story line, in fact to good to be honest, I installed the game on a Friday morning 9 am, finished single Player at 9 pm :) Annoying that I finished it too fast and didn't get to enjoy the whole game! So when you play Crysis either put it on a high difficult setting or just take your time and enjoy the game. Well worth it, online is good fun also, but it's best to play online with people you know so you can do some team work since most noobs online just go Rambo and try to win the game themselves.

For racing games, in my opinion GRID is one of the best out at the monemt for PC. Great online game, especially when playing with about 6 of your mater in a 12 man Destrution Derby :D