We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New Phone - Help

DriftNismo

Ok, when i was in the US on holiday i bought an at&t Tilt (aka HTC Kaiser TyTn II 8900) for $70 on eBay. I love it, and i love Windows Mobile much more than all the other mobile OSs, but i think it's a bit too bulky for me and i don't know, it's not that appealing for me at the moment, and trying to get a good internet plan is hard, the only people that do one are 3, and its not unlimited, it's just 2GB a month, so i'm thinking of a new phone. Money isn't a problem, just nowone suggest the Asus Lamborghini phone, that much money IS a problem.

Phones i'm thinking of getting:

Samsung Blackjack II (black)

Pros

Nice and slim

Windows Mobile 6.1

2.0 Megapixel camera

Nice to hold

Cons

Same internet problem as my Tilt

Its a Samsung

Rim BlackBerry Pearl

Pros

Nice and slim

Easy to get internet access

Very cheap to get

Cons

Stupid keyboard

Don't like the OS

Palm Treo 800w

Pros

Windows Mobile 6.1

Nice keys

Cons

Expensive

Somewhat bulky

Apple iPhone 3G

Pros

Nice and shiny

Easy to get a lot of applications

2.0 Megapixel camera

Easy to use

Cons

Freezes

No separate physical keyboard

Too quiet for reminders

No word processing applications, only Notes and WritingPad

Its an Apple product

You can't develop apps for it unless you have Mac OS X and MacDrive doesn't support Vista Ultimate

Can people help me make my mind up?? Maybe suggest other phones too??

I hate Nokia's, and the N95 is wayy too overpriced and i don't believe for a second there are as many apps as the iPhone available. I'll have no problems with the iPhone, i've had an iPod Touch jail-broken and un-jail-broken so many times i know the ins and outs of it as far as apps and problems go. In my mind now is just the Blackjack II or the iPhone 3G right now. Still not sure if i'll even sell my Tilt yet.

Buy a Nokia n81 (2gb) or the 8gb model. Great phone, looks shine just like the iphone. Has got symbian so there are a lot off aplications. Wifi internet and a lot more.

I have got one and it's awesome

btw iphone sucks

(and yes i got a ipod, but the iphone just sucks. Way to expensive and it got a lot off problems)

SLRRR

I-Phone is much better than the N95, the who thing is just so smooth, don't care if it can't do all this rubbish you can't do, the GPS accentually works, turn by turn? It can't even find me in England(says i'm in spain). It crashes all the time, the battery cover brakes, battery life is rubbish, wi-fi is rubbish, internet is fiddly, unlocks in pocket ect. ect.

I-Phone is much better than the N95, the who thing is just so smooth, don't care if it can't do all this rubbish you can't do, the GPS accentually works, turn by turn? It can't even find me in England(says i'm in spain). It crashes all the time, the battery cover brakes, battery life is rubbish, wi-fi is rubbish, internet is fiddly, unlocks in pocket ect. ect.

The N95 is alot better than the iphone. Its got better internet, wifi, gps. you don't have to pay for the symbian apps. By the iphone you have to do that. The nokia's are not the best lookings phone but they are very good. And the iphone has got a lot off problems with: apps, camera, wifi.

SLRRR

My N95 GPS works perfect, The battery cover has never broke, It's battery life is good (even after heaps of wi-fi web surfing), Wi-fi is great if your near a decent Wi-fi spot, The browser takes a bit of getting used to but is still decent for a phone. Plus the N95 has a accelerometor in it just like the new ipods & there are already app's out the mimic cover flow & allow you to change songs by shaking your phone etc.

http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/artikelen/13/sony_ericsson_w960_zoom.jpg

http://mobilementalism.com/imageSnag/1224-46e47f551d4e3.jpg

you must have this!!! ;)

i own one, best phone ever :D

just one problem.. 1000 $ (in norway)

Yeah, i can get one for about 200 pounds out here, but i played with one and i don't like it that much. Right now it's just down to the BlackBerry, the Samsung Blackjack II and the iPhone 3G. I MIGHT consider an N95, but i really hate Nokia's.

Yeah, i can get one for about 200 pounds out here, but i played with one and i don't like it that much. Right now it's just down to the BlackBerry, the Samsung Blackjack II and the iPhone 3G. I MIGHT consider an N95, but i really hate Nokia's.

I used to be the same & despise Nokia's but the N95 changed that. The whole point of Nokia's N series was to cram as many features into a phone as humanly possible. It's got Real player, Flash player, Microsoft office file readers (word,Powerpoint ect). ZIP Archive maker, Barcode scanner (WTF?) & more.

• 2 weeks later...

those sony erocsson touch screen thingies are good, my mate found 1 in cash generator for £60 like 4 days after it came out!

not very loud playing music but you can just get speakers for it.

did everyone forget to mention that the iPhone can't have MP3 ring or text tones, doesn't have a light, flash or a "good" camera by today's standards?

avoid iPhone lolol, instead of dropping a bomb on a hpone tho, just buy someting out dated but good and spend your money on other things, or, get the N95 8GB because on the top where it says the modl name, it almost looks like it says a postcode near me, mine's NG56DN and it looks like NG58GB on the phone :D

The N95 is alot better than the iphone. Its got better internet, wifi, gps. you don't have to pay for the symbian apps. By the iphone you have to do that. The nokia's are not the best lookings phone but they are very good. And the iphone has got a lot off problems with: apps, camera, wifi.

SLRRR

I feel you just picked the best parts of the I-Phone and the worse parts of the N95 to say the N95's better, the internet is seamless on the apple, the free 3G and wi-fi is brilliant, the touchscreen browser is easy to use and the GPS while not great on the I-Phone is a million times better than the N95.

http://www.n95users.com/forum/general-95/1920-nokia-n95-gps-problems.html

http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32055

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=794123

ect. ect. :)

My N95 GPS works perfect, The battery cover has never broke, It's battery life is good (even after heaps of wi-fi web surfing), Wi-fi is great if your near a decent Wi-fi spot, The browser takes a bit of getting used to but is still decent for a phone. Plus the N95 has a accelerometor in it just like the new ipods & there are already app's out the mimic cover flow & allow you to change songs by shaking your phone etc.

You obviously have a good one, have they released a new one? I know a lot of people with N95's and none of there GPS's work, I-Pods is great (ish, doesn't follow like satnav which is a shame). And you need to admit it just as smooth as the I-Pod, way to clunky and the N95 has some severe problems, could never recommend it. Also make it clear i'm not a Apple fan-boy, have never owned anything apple, i-pod, i-mac or i-rack.