We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dodge to sell Viper Brand

Nodz86

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I share the same opinion. a smart move for Chrysler Co. would be to put a V8 into the Viper instead of the current V10. This would mean better fuel economy and a cheaper cost to build the car. I am not even sure why they put a V10 in it to begin with because, they wanted to compete with the Corvette, which at that time, had a V8 in it for the last 39 years. But I suppose if the Viper gets killed off that will leave the foreign car competition wide open for the the Corvette, more specifically, the ZR1

becauz teh Twmz actz liek an idiot with mez

@Twm: No, I'm not stepping away from anything here, I have a great passion for the Viper and because of that I'll defend it. What if your favorite car brand was going to be sold to a damn tuner or to who knows what? I bet you'd get pretty angry too.

becauz teh Twmz actz liek an idiot with mez

@Twm: No, I'm not stepping away from anything here, I have a great passion for the Viper and because of that I'll defend it. What if your favorite car brand was going to be sold to a damn tuner or to who knows what? I bet you'd get pretty angry too.

Yea it's a shame, but unless you can front up the multi billions of $ that Dodge/Chrysler needs to stop them selves collapsing completely there is little you can do. If nothing else at least the Viper will survive when Dodge/Chrysler go under. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Please note that the Viper isn't going anywhere. Its just changing homes.

The freakouts are not necessary.

If anything, if Dodge were to keep the viper, it would have a MUCH higher chance of dying off than if sold to a tuning company who can focus their production on JUST vipers whereas Dodge is now focusing on Chargers, Challengers, and the current economical situation.

The Viper is a 15 year old car and it is exactly the same as it was on day one albeit a new face and now it actually has ABS lol.

A tuner like SMS or Hennessy will be able to further advance the performance of the Viper. The comment made earlier about the Viper being better than the corvette is absolute garbage. The performance differences alone between the viper and vette are enough to make viper owners shoot themselves in the feet. A tuner could close the gap between the viper and vette posing a much more interesting bout between the two cars.

its a good thing, so hush :P

Dodge do seem to be focusing on the charger and challenger but SRT versions of them cars that they are producing make them as economical as a Viper.

And if the GM Chryslers merger does happen only 1 brand will survive and that will be Jeep. The same thing happened when Jeep was owned by a company that Chrysler bought, all other brands where phased out leaving only Jeep, the same could happen again.