We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is it just me or do all new small cars look the same?

jbenekeorr

Hi all! I have noticed recently that loads of the new supermini's look the same!

Follow the links below to see what i mean.

(Ok, these three are based on the same car anyway but i'm just proving a point!)

Peugeot 107

Toyota Aygo

Citroen C1

Others are:

The new Ford KA

The new Renault Twingo

The new Mazda 2

The Vauxhall Corsa

There are more like this ... but i forgot what they were!! ( If you can think of them then tell me!

Does anyone else think the same as me about how similar they are? Or maybe you dont? Either way, Tell me what you think!!

I see some similarities in the headlights on all of them. I think it's just the style that car designers seem to think everyone likes at this point in time.

I'll never take a second glance at any of them so I would really care if they were the same.

I do think that some car designers have resulted to copying others. They all seem to be running out of ideas lately.

Ahwell, I'm not a particular fan of new cars anyway. I like my modern classics.

Peugeot 107 and Citroën C1 is practically twins. And yes, I can see where you are going where the other 4 (The headlights, like GTAMADDOG said), but they still don't look exactly the same like Peugeot and Citroën does. To me anyway. Plus, the Corsa is by far the ugliest in my eyes :(

Right here goes ...

The Aygo/C1/107 are the same car with only cosmetic differences, mainly between the Aygo and the other 2, the car was developed by toyota and is built in a toyota plant ... citroen and peugeot are 1 company .... called PSA Peugeot Citroen ... and so the C1 / 107 is just 'badge engineering'

Mazda is largely (but not entirely) owned by Ford so the Mazda 2 is to some extent a Fiesta underneath but this is just the platform and not the greenhouse (upper body)

Oh and the New Ka is a Fiat 500 underneath and is going to be produced in a Fiat factory ... and is actually from a Fiat Panda platform

As to them all looking the same ...

well I'd disagree ...

the problem is that you have to balance package/safety/styling/cost not easy on a small car ... but you do get different products ... the Ka, 500, Micra, Corsa, Fiesta, Aygo all look different to me

Well thanks for all that, theres a lot i didn't know there! It turns out all the car manufacturers are just one big happy family ;) jks:thumbsup:

Well I kinda know a 'little' about cars ... I work in the industry !

Oh and to the person who posted a pic of the BMW 1-Series ... that's in the same class as a Focus, Golf and A3 ... not the Superminis of the Fiestas and Grande Puntos and definitely not the smaller class which includes the Ka, C1 and Fiat 500 !