We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

You may not upload animated images!

Mb

Slows the forum down. Would you rather have a nice fast forum or a really bogged down slow one? I know what I would rather have ;)

It also uses up more bandwidth which costs more money for Diablo.

That's true, that .gif thread takes hours to load

Animated gifs are usually movie/tv/3d clips 1Mb+. People don't realise what this does to others who are on slower connections, if you want to know well it has to load your image before the rest below will load on some browsers meaning a hefty wait for some people. Animated GIF's are normally annoying and distract your eye from the content itself.

There was 1 member who had a animated signature of The Dark Knight and it was 3.2mb not too long ago!!

Animated gifs are usually movie/tv/3d clips 1Mb+. People don't realise what this does to others who are on slower connections, if you want to know well it has to load your image before the rest below will load on some browsers meaning a hefty wait for some people. Animated GIF's are normally annoying and distract your eye from the content itself.

There was 1 member who had a animated signature of The Dark Knight and it was 3.2mb not too long ago!!

Okey i didn't know that thanks for the info :)

I was actually talking about avatars, i have a avatar which is animated and i believe around 500kb:p I understand why it's not allowed, to bad, but animated avatars are quite cool imo:thumbsup: