We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dodge or Lotus? I'm confused...

Car Freak

The ev, the first of the four unveiled, not only operates entirely on plug-in power like the Tesla Roadster and appears to have similar performance numbers, also has some striking visual similarities with the Tesla. And why shouldn't it? While the Tesla's built on the Lotus Elise, the Dodge ev appears to be based on the Lotus Europa.

source : http://jalopnik.com

sorry for double post

The Dodge Demon name would be a poor choice. Remember what happened when they used that name on a rebadged Plymouth Duster in the early 1970s?* :cheeky:

*For any people who don't know this, churches went crazy and threatened Dodge to change the name, and it became the Dodge Dart Sport after 1973.

Then just give it the Demon Concept body, and call it the Dodge EV, the Demon Concept looks okay. I never knew that happened. :p

Another good idea is to return the Charger into a 2 Door Coupe, and revive the Coronet as a 4-Door(it won't ruin it because it once was in 4-Doors) and everyone would be happy =D

The Demon is going against cars like the MX-5, So just slap in the Razor Concept Body and name.

it is a europa, which i find scary

because a lotus, a small, nimble, pokey little car company that favours using little 4 pot engines...

looks like it actually could have been designed by dodge, a company that produces big, in your face, oversized engine... things.

seriously, i thought it was a dodge design at first...