We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Request | NFS undercover sounds

Jackief

mazda3 n focus st already made...

Skepsis don't be an ass...he just wonderin' about "as if" factor...and i guess that somehow it's possible

Firstly,I have no clue these cars are already made,that's why I've said what I said. link?:oook:

Secondly,how on earth would you know what he meant when all he did was requested someone to make them??:confused:

http://tdu-world.com/forum/28-833-1

http://tdu-world.com/forum/28-851-1

....and a what about old fashioned mic recordin? :p

Ok,so focus is still wip and mazda 3 is ok,but not great.;)

Right now,personally I've got more exciting cars to do than mazda3,but maybe somewhere down the line...

mic recording?? yeah,like all my friends drive mustangs,ferraris,astons,lambos,supras etc...I don't know where you live,but if you can record those kind of cars,then please do so,I can't unfortunately...

If I can get good sample's from PGR4 I will give them to you... just need to learn how to get good sample's from a TV...

Straight from the audio outputs on the console to the Line In port on the PC using an RCA to headphone adapter you can get at any Radio Shack, then record with something like GoldWave or other sound editors.

I used that method to get the gun sounds out of Killzone on the PS-2.

If I can get good sample's from PGR4 I will give them to you... just need to learn how to get good sample's from a TV...

What kurgan said,and then,you'd have to use a steering wheel with pedals(maybe it can be done with those analog triggers,don't know)to record a steady samples(from a view that sounds most realistic and has least amount of other noises other than engine) of ,say 10 seconds, for every thousand rpms including the idle and the top rpms if they're like at 6750rpm or similar. You'd also have to find a long straight(avoiding tunels or anything that alters the sound as you drive by),then stick it in 2nd gear(most likely. you don't want wheelspin nor high speed road rolling/wind etc sounds)),press the gas pedal full on and then dose with the brake how many rpms you want. That way the engine is under strain and the sound is full,if you were to do it from neutral,just by reving(dosing wit gas pedal ie not 100%gas on),it would seem flat and unrealistic(think of gran turismo sounds vs nfs for example),although I never tried pgr4 so I can't be sure,maybe it sound equally powerfull in neutral,but in my experience,it probably doesn't. Awaiting results;)

What kurgan said,and then,you'd have to use a steering wheel with pedals(maybe it can be done with those analog triggers,don't know)to record a steady samples(from a view that sounds most realistic and has least amount of other noises other than engine) of ,say 10 seconds, for every thousand rpms including the idle and the top rpms if they're like at 6750rpm or similar. You'd also have to find a long straight(avoiding tunels or anything that alters the sound as you drive by),then stick it in 2nd gear(most likely. you don't want wheelspin nor high speed road rolling/wind etc sounds)),press the gas pedal full on and then dose with the brake how many rpms you want. That way the engine is under strain and the sound is full,if you were to do it from neutral,just by reving(dosing wit gas pedal ie not 100%gas on),it would seem flat and unrealistic(think of gran turismo sounds vs nfs for example),although I never tried pgr4 so I can't be sure,maybe it sound equally powerfull in neutral,but in my experience,it probably doesn't. Awaiting results;)

In NFS it's better to use low gears (1st and 2nd) and neutral to record sounds but in neutral you can't rev fully without reaching the limiter.

In NFS it's better to use low gears (1st and 2nd) and neutral to record sounds but in neutral you can't rev fully without reaching the limiter.

Neutral is useless for anything but idle sample. I record in 1st,2nd and top gear;)(for high revs),but it depends on a car. btw there's also a "trick" to eliminate unwanted sounds,just rename(to whatever) the folders which hold sounds you don't want to hear(like wind/road noise,tire screech etc) although for some reason you can't do that(it crashes) with the noises that come when you're going fast near objects(wooshies and such)which is really irritating and makes the job much harder...:-x

• 2 weeks later...
Why when there is no mazda3 or focus st in tdu??

errr I did just that(tuned,stock sounds boring(in nfs))...

http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=11159

I know youve made that sound, but honestly, take no offence, sounds nothing like the way a supra should sound, even if it was taken from supra sound samples, it sounds very artificial, and doesnt seem like it was taken from NFS UC bcuz basically the only car ive driven in that game was the supra, from stock to fully tuned, and your mod doesnt seem to sound like it, again like i said, take no offence, i appreciate you making a sound mod, but was just hoping for a better one... and the stock sound, as u say is boring, is actually quite a nice sound, has a purr to it, maybe copying some of those sounds might turn out better sounding in TDU than the highly modified sound