We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Drum roll, please!

Car Freak

Over at GTAGaming.com i haven't heard of one person who is able to play on the highest settings. Most can barely even manage the mid range settings.

Apparently R* have designed the highest settings with specs that even top end systems don't have yet...?!

It is worth nothing though that even at 'low' the game should look and run far nice than it does on any console.

Can't wait to see what mods poeple can create for this version though. It might even tempt me to get a better PC... hang on what am I saying, no it won't. :)

Guest LeetPix

lol actually, people who got the game complained on how crap it looks, the only decent looking setting is high and no pc can run that properly, guys with the best graphics cards cant even run this game on high without dropping into 10's on high and only just get around 30fps on medium, this game is alot worst than crysis in terms of optimization and stresses ur computer to the max without the eye candy, i dont even know why it took them so long for the poor port to pc, i dont know how rockstar got the idea that GTA IV PC "low" graphics settings would look as good as the console version, consoles have something like a nvidia 7900's in them, so i dont know how rockstar somehow managed to make it looks surprisingly bad on the pc and make the best computers go to slideshow mode at high settings, the game looks terrible at night time but is alot better at day time, lets just hope rockstar fixes everything or they are gonna get alot of angry angry customers

"Most users using current PC hardware as of December 2008 are advised to use medium graphics settings. Higher settings are provided for future generations of PCs with higher specifications than are currently widely available. "

http://www.rockstargames.com/support/gta4pc/docs/GTAIV%20Graphics%20Settings.doc

What is the point of making a game fgr future pc's that are not available (or not available at a reasonable/sensible price). Especially when most people wont be playing it by the time them comps surface to the mainstream.

Also why didn't they just polish it up a bit and release it rather than causing all this trouble for themselves???

I'll tell you something else... Getting it installed is SUCH a pain... 45mins for actual installation, and another 45mins after that trying to get the blasted thing working! First I have to sign up on Rockstar Social Club, then I want to put off signing up on Windows LIVE Games till later, to which the game says I HAVE to download Windows LIVE in order to play... So I duly download and install it, and lo and behold! It doesn't work! Gets as far as the yellow Rockstar logo in the intro music then says "Fatal error MMA10" or something like that. Cue much cursing and swearing, so I check Google if there's a way round this problem. It finally works but now since I don't have a Windows LIVE Games account, I can't save my game! So what do I do? No choice, register an account.

I tell you, this was easily the most difficult games installation I EVER had to do...

(The trick round the MMA10 error is to not log in to Rockstar Social Club. It means you can't play multiplayer, but single player is fine

I'll tell you something else... Getting it installed is SUCH a pain... 45mins for actual installation, and another 45mins after that trying to get the blasted thing working! First I have to sign up on Rockstar Social Club, then I want to put off signing up on Windows LIVE Games till later, to which the game says I HAVE to download Windows LIVE in order to play... So I duly download and install it, and lo and behold! It doesn't work! Gets as far as the yellow Rockstar logo in the intro music then says "Fatal error MMA10" or something like that. Cue much cursing and swearing, so I check Google if there's a way round this problem. It finally works but now since I don't have a Windows LIVE Games account, I can't save my game! So what do I do? No choice, register an account.

I tell you, this was easily the most difficult games installation I EVER had to do...

(The trick round the MMA10 error is to not log in to Rockstar Social Club. It means you can't play multiplayer, but single player is fine

I get that error too! Unplug internet, start up the game, begin the game and only then can you replug the inetnet back in. I googled GTA IV MMA10 and the solution was in the first link.

However I cant seem to connect my LIVE profile ... might reinstall tomorrow when I have a free 1.5 hours ¬.¬

E: Aparently, it is because their servers are dodgy. Therefre we have to play offline and therefore cannot save our online stats .... humph.

I get that error too! Unplug internet, start up the game, begin the game and only then can you replug the inetnet back in. I googled GTA IV MMA10 and the solution was in the first link.

I just logged out of Rockstar Social Club and it worked. :cheeky:

Does no one remember all the installation issues when HL2 first came out with the Steam activation. That took hours for me to install :)

To be fair to R* though, I can understand the reason for trying to make the game a bit future proof for the PC. But the high end setting could maybe have been released as an update further down the line. Then it would have been more of an incentive to get an official copy of the game, if you wanted to play with max settings.