We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My TDU CD is cracking.

StrickenHAWK?

The TDU PC case is terrible. Actually, ALL PC cases are terrible. They really should move to a 360 or PS3 style case

Well most new games come with thoses DVD style boxes which Xbox and PS3 use.

DR. EVIL, you should try to rip the info off the disk and run it from the computer, and if you want, mount it to another DVD.

CD looks pretty clean. I believe you only get a 90 day warranty with software but if the game disc is fairly clean buy a copy from EBGames or rent from somewhere then take yours back at a busy time like just before Christmas and they'll just want to get you sorted and out the door rather than spend ages trying to sort it out as being genuine. :D

It is not illegal to make backup copies for yourself, it is however illegal to make copies and post it on torrent sites or sell it. So your okay.

I suggest ripping the game, and mounting it on a virtual drive so you wont have to deal with the DVD all the time, its easy and quick to do. If you need help, I can help you through MSN, just PM me if you want help.

One other quick solution is to, as said before, put some acrylic glue or that epoxy stuff on the center, and try to even it all out around the entire circle so it stays balanced, even though it wont be perfect. If its off balance, you can destroy the disk. But applying it all around that little area should balance it enough.

how? now i know you guys dont like to do these things and probably think it is *illigal* but i do own the game, i will post a picture of my name and the disc.

Use a program LIKE MagicISO and burn your TDU dvd into an ISO format. Then get a DVD-RW CD and and burn that ISO onto it.

And there ya go!

thats what i was thinking. i tried backing it up but all i get is securom. i used magic iso and daemon and didnt do a thing.

Wow, i guess i should have read the whole thread. but you have to have a DVD RW Drive in your computer in order to burn DVDs. i do it all the time.

It is not illegal to make backup copies for yourself, it is however illegal to make copies and post it on torrent sites or sell it. So your okay.
You have to be careful - you're allowed to backup the contents (data), but not bypass the CD-check. So use of virtual drives is illegal if you're using them to prevent the need for the disk to be in the drive for the copy protection check.

I heard the cracking is caused by putting it in and out of the case to much.. the case just destroys the disk..

I've never had a problem, and I get games in and out of games loads (over years too), but you do have to be careful and not tug them out. Of course it's quite possible that it's a manufacturing defect, so taking it back to the shop as Diablo suggests is another possible plan.

I think, as long as you have paid and own the game fully, you should be allowed to do what ever you want with it. if you want to back it up and play without the cd, you should be allowed to. its just my way of thinking.

Then get onto your MP and ask them to change the law - at the moment companies are allowed to put copy protection mechanisms on their products, and bypassing them in any way is illegal.

Atari have thought of people like you though - if you want you can buy the digital download version instead, and that doesn't need a CD-check.

so if i fully own the game and try to get past the protection i am breaking the law.
Yes, afraid so. (And technically you don't fully own the game - if that were the case you could decide to make copies and sell them yourself - you only own a license to use the software in the manner described in the EULA. The publishers retain ownership of the actual software.)