We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA IV Lagggggs Out!

BAk99

Hey, as you see by my gaming rig, i have a decent rig for playing some of the highest spec games out just now.. but, i have recently jst got GTA IV and it is the most laggiest game i have ever played on ma laptop.. all graphics settings are at their lowest! :( still major lag, cant play it long enough cos its so long to get from one place to another.. i was thinkin, is it the fact ave got a duo processor compared to the recommended Quad.. but even at that, it still shouldnt lag on lowest.

..?

Have you got another graphics card. Your one at the moments alright, but it isn't the best in the world. You can pick up a fairly decent ATi 4850 for £100, or ATi 3850 £50.

I'm pretty sure that'll help you a bit. But like others have said, close any other programs that aren't needed. (Sounds stupid, but closing your anti-virus helps ALOT).

Your processor shouldn't be a problem due to it being quite new. Have you got alot of space on your h-drive?

Have you got another graphics card. Your one at the moments alright, but it isn't the best in the world. You can pick up a fairly decent ATi 4850 for £100, or ATi 3850 £50.

I'm pretty sure that'll help you a bit. But like others have said, close any other programs that aren't needed. (Sounds stupid, but closing your anti-virus helps ALOT).

Your processor shouldn't be a problem due to it being quite new. Have you got alot of space on your h-drive?

I have an Alienware Laptop! :P I cant change over the graphics card or ma insurance is (very very bad shall i say) :P

a dont have that much space on ma primary hard drive left.. thats to do with haven the Sims 2 +nearly all expansion packs :P but even at that, its been defraged.. ma hd is in the cleanest state i can get it and all music/pictures and documents are in ma 750gb ect. hd.

i used some of those techniques tht bullet sugessted and basically.. the vid capture works abit bt everythin is at lowest quality as possible to even get any good results :ill::sulk:

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest running GTA IV on a laptop, no matter how good it is, is always gonna cause problems. Its just a badly optimimised game, some people with awesome desktop PC's have trouble running just because of this.

Just keep praying for a performance patch, thats all i can say really

I get 20-30 fps usually, mostly hovers below 25 though, on:

2.2ghz dual core

2Gb ram

XFX 9600GT XXX edition

Vista 32-bit