We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

License Plate Thread.

Sponge

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im having a problem.

Im uisng GIMP to make my plates (cant afford photoshop :( )

I try to export them using DDS exporter (google GIMP dds plugin). I am currently trying to export the first part (the colored part (plate.DDS) but I get an error

about not being able to save beacuse the dimensions aren't a multiple of 4. Do you know what culd be the problem. If i ignore the error message the plate shows up in game all

jaggedy and you cant read anything.

Thanks for any help

this is perfect, thx a lot ! can u upload it plz?

what do you mean with full sized? like the german plates on the first page?

Like the one sergio made you. That is a fullsized plate. ;)

Im having a problem.

Im uisng GIMP to make my plates (cant afford photoshop :( )

I try to export them using DDS exporter (google GIMP dds plugin). I am currently trying to export the first part (the colored part (plate.DDS) but I get an error

about not being able to save beacuse the dimensions aren't a multiple of 4. Do you know what culd be the problem. If i ignore the error message the plate shows up in game all

jaggedy and you cant read anything.

Thanks for any help

I don't know... Have you made sure you are saving at the correct settings and that the plate is no more than 256x128 pixels?

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I finally figured out how to make a TDU license plate in GIMP, (and make it work lol)

When I've got more time I'll post a tutorial if anyone wants one? anybody?

Although I have got a problem

EDIT: Sorry webhost doesnt allow hotlinking goto http://winchain.freehostia.com first then copy paste url below (sorry)

(http://winchain.freehostia.com/rs4licenseplateerr.jpg)

I dont know if this is just a trick of the light.

@andreaz1 Thanks for the tip :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question, If I download a LIcense PLate mod does it replace all the licnese plates on all my cars or does it only replace one of the license plates on one of my cars?

Also how do I download them and get them onto TDU?

I'd like mine to say(If it would not be to much trouble)

Macosp3t1

When you have downloaded the plate you want, you will get a .bnk file called Common_Car.bnk. Put this in Test Drive Unlimited/Euro/Bnk/Vehicules and replace the original. Remember to back-up the original just in case. ;)

Also, what kind of plate would you like? Check the first page on this thread, there are lots of different ones. ;)

:badspelling::drool::):p:cheeky::cool:

Could you please make one with a white background that says "raZor" ?

try to make it realistic, please. i saw some of the others people requested and it look like a 3 year old photoshopped it and just pasted on there on the screenshot.

oviously this isn't your fault, it's the fault of the people that thought you would take an extra HOUR just to make the shading and lighting realistic. but i would imagine this to be a fairly easy task using only a white background.

thanks.