We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

OS Help

And3rs

Should i get Xp or Vista?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should i get Xp or Vista?

I've had problems with my computer lately, so a friend of my dad is gonna remove everything tomorrow. I have XP now, i want it too look even better but also run fast and without alot of firewall problems and stuff, what do you think i should get? XP or Vista?

Need answer before thuesday..

Go for Vista. Ignore the XP Fanboyism.

XP will be obsolete very soon. I believe Microsoft said they're going to cease support on XP once Vista is dominating the mainstream. But as of this year, Windows 7 is being worked on as we speak. Its apparently the same/slightly tweaked GUI of Vista, but with A TON of preinstalled drivers and the speed of XP, too.

If it is an absolute must I would say go for Vista. If you can wait, wait for Windows 7 to be released.

If you already have XP then it's good, works faster with 2gb RAM, and there's no point spending the huge amount of money on Vista.

But if you are having to buy a new copy anyway then get Vista, because it's hard to buy XP, and Vista will be supported for longer.

Go for Vista. Ignore the XP Fanboyism.

XP will be obsolete very soon. I believe Microsoft said they're going to cease support on XP once Vista is dominating the mainstream. But as of this year, Windows 7 is being worked on as we speak. Its apparently the same/slightly tweaked GUI of Vista, but with A TON of preinstalled drivers and the speed of XP, too.

If it is an absolute must I would say go for Vista. If you can wait, wait for Windows 7 to be released.

How am I an XP fanboy?

I use Vista on my laptop, and another copy on my desktop as well as Ubuntu.

So I'll ask that again, how am I an XP fanboy?

I myself actually prefer Vista but I suggested the faster operating system for him as he didn't give us any details about his computer so for all we could know it won't run Vista very well.

Think before posting, it works a charm you know ;)

Windows 7 looks brill, the sleekness of vista's interface, just wish all the crap taken away, runs as stable as XP by the looks.

personally I DESPISE Vista, it even crashes winamp of all programs, a nice basic media player. Playing BF2/BF2142 is neigh on impossible because it messes with punkbuster. GTA:SA is really smegged up on it, railroad tycoon 3 wont even play...

A nice looking OS, which is good for stuff like music (as-long as you dont use winamp) and is good against viruses. but shyte at games? that's OSX, but OSX uses about half the power...

Vista :D i got some problems first with drivers (not by windows) but that is already solved. If your gaming rig meets the requirements than i should definently buy it. Another pluspoint you got DirectX 10, if you hardware can run it. You really see some difference in some games (that support it).

And if you dont really like it than you can "upgrade" to the windows 7 beta and get a key from microsoft.

• 1 month later...