We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to change cars names?

Shy Guy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

As TDU Modding Tools 1.7 final are available since yesterday, I would like to hear from people about new Names Editor. So that I could be able to improve it :)

Just post here to keep all remarks into an appropriate topic.

Download at:

http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=3739

User guide:

http://syfworld.free.fr/tdu/files/Guide-1.7/index.html

Thanks in advance. ;)

I just tried, I first extracted it onto Desktop, I open it, and opened the file, I edited the SE to LP560-4, and the C12S to F Coupe, then I close it and open your file browsers, and click modifly size, and replace both Brands and Physical data, and then run TDU, then it crashed, did I done anything wrong, I have the Magic Map.

Thx

and what is TDU Mod And Play!.exe?

All you did seems to be OK, would you mind attaching the 2 modified.US files and DB_US.BNK here, please ?

and what is TDU Mod And Play!.exe?
I've already answered to this question in Modding Tools thread. Moreover, you'll find explanations in official 1.7 guide.

Why there's no Murcielago on the Name edit? i've changed the Gallardo SE to be LP560, and the C12S to be F

but i cant find the Murcielago, its not there, i want to change it to LP640 cuz im gonna use tool's LP640 mod

I've already mentioned why in the user guide. :rolleyes:

But since Ninja Fish did ask yesterday, I've added the Murciélago (Coupe and Roadster) to the list.

So please get the new reference table (r17-1); in the future, I advise you to stay in touch with Modding Tools thread to always get latest updates.

http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=3739

In most cases, I can't do anything about name conflicts as it's a limitation with TDU.

Yet, some combinations might even work. So when a name change is working or not, please let me know.

Now, changing Wiesmann's name shouldn't damage anything, as it's the only car having "Roadster" as model name. Others have Roadster as sub-model name (e.g. Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster).

Anyway the better way to check this is to try, that does not hurt (at least, make backups before) ;)

but im not talking about the roadster im talking about the murci coupe which i need to change, and there are few cars which have a coupe as a sub model, like the gallardo for example, and the second thing is, that i didnt find any download for a new release

I've simply answered to your first question. You first answered me about Wiesmann, you remember ?

Anyway.

Here are the links as I think I'm not very good at expressing and understanding english probably.

TduNames.xml

On request, I will update a reference table (TduNames.xml) for vehicle names. It is to be used with Names Editor in Modding Tools.

New ! March.4th update : r17-1. Now supported : Murciélago Coupe and Roadster. New !

To use downloaded file, you've just to extract it from zip, then replace existing file in TDU Modding Tools xml folder.

See attachments for download.

http://forum.turboduck.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7615&d=1236238082