We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Help on £~40 keyboards & mice, please

Iced_Bullet

Well, title pretty much sums up what I am struggling to decide on.

I fancy a new keyboard + mouse, with the mouse wireless preferably, even better if the keyboard is too.

I like typing on laptop keyboards, as I think it's the shorter height of the keys, as opposed to the bulk standard 1cm high things ...

Please do not go above £50, as I know people always try and squeeze a little bit more out of people on things like this.

Cheers =)

:drool:

Well, can you give me an indication on how much 40quid can get? Like how much is uhm i dont know, Undercover?

"40 British pounds = 87.2386771 Singapore dollars" From Google Convertor.

Do you mind slightly curved keyboards?

Microsoft do a great thin wireless keyboard and mouse combi called Desktop 6000 - usually about £37, but the keyboard has a small 'natural' curve that's meant to make typing easier:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Images/Products/479650-a.jpg

Nice find :) I am skeptical about using a curved one, even if it is slightly, as I use "normal" ones all the time.

[mod edit:] Please do not quote images, thanks!

Hmm G15, it has bulky keys and I don't think I need a keyboard that urh "technical" :p

Still can't knock it that it would be good if I was aiming for a gaming keyboard. But if I have a gaming keyboard I might be tempted more to not do my work and go on games ... need to try and reduce the distractions.

E: this looks like a good deal http://www.ebuyer.com/product/148873

£35

HQ image - http://prohardver.hu/dl/new/2008-09/41305_cds520.jpg

Tbh I hate the Curve style keyboards. They feel a hell of a lot harder to type on to me. I'd recommend one of these if you don't want anything fancy:

31VuG7wx5vL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

*Can't find a better picture*

It's the ADVENT ADE-WD1. It's a very nice feeling wireless mouse and keyboard. I've had mine for 3 years now and never had any problems, and I've used it with my PC, PS2, PS3, friend's laptop and friend's computer. I don't know how much it is now, but I bought it for £20 in Maplins in 2005 (or 2006, can't remember, pretty sure it was 2005 though).

Tbh I hate the Curve style keyboards. They feel a hell of a lot harder to type on to me. I'd recommend one of these if you don't want anything fancy:

--Pic taken out--

*Can't find a better picture*

It's the ADVENT ADE-WD1. It's a very nice feeling wireless mouse and keyboard. I've had mine for 3 years now and never had any problems, and I've used it with my PC, PS2, PS3, friend's laptop and friend's computer. I don't know how much it is now, but I bought it for £20 in Maplins in 2005 (or 2006, can't remember, pretty sure it was 2005 though).

Thats exactly what I have. The mouse is terrible, battary life is shocking and the laser isn't very good as it can't move in a stright line, really annoying when trying to highlight a line of text.

I used to have a £9.99 LabTec set.

Wireless Optical mouse and Wireless keyboard. Was brilliant! It had all the buttons you'd need, inbuild media player controller.

The only reason why I no longer use it is because I have a new set (Reclusa and Habu)

Do you mind slightly curved keyboards?

Microsoft do a great thin wireless keyboard and mouse combi called Desktop 6000 - usually about £37, but the keyboard has a small 'natural' curve that's meant to make typing easier:

I've got this one, the curve takes about a week to get used to. Sometimes the reciver plays up but its nothing major and the mouse is about 2.5m away from it and so is the keyboard.

If I had a £70 budget Id get this and a mouse - http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/7946045/Logitech-diNovo-Wireless-2-4GHz-Keyboard-For-Notebooks-Brushed-Aluminum-And-Piano-Black/Product.html :(

I want the keyboard in the S520, but not the mouse, and no where sells it without the mouse :(

lots.. ? is it £40 for both??
The G15 is £54 and the G9 is £40, so if I wanted only a mouse, that would be perfect :p

I've got this one, the curve takes about a week to get used to. Sometimes the reciver plays up but its nothing major and the mouse is about 2.5m away from it and so is the keyboard.
Sorry for quoting images! =) I forgot this time =( *slaps own face*

I'm sorry, but there is only one contender here. The Logitech Wave.

41qKG99BuiL._SS400_.jpg

Linky - £39.99

I have that exact one, and even though I use an MX1000 instead of the packaged mouse, its all wireless, all works, and looks wonderful. And don't be put off by the fact its curvy - you will get used to using it very quickly, and I find it so much easier to touch type on this than any other keyboard. Buy one now. And yes it doesn't have laptop style keys, but I don't see why they are better - they are so much harder to use!

appleAlKeyboard.jpg

The Apple Wired Keyboard is £28, and is definitely the best board i have ever used, It has the low profile keys that you want, feels sturdy as heck (aluminum body) and has a really nice layout, and it works fine with windows too. (just imagine cmd = windows sign and swap the position of @ and ") what I like most about it though, is the fact it has a USB hub built into it, with 2 extra ports on the wired, and i think 4 on the wireless.

as mice go, i'm not too sure, although NEVER get the apple mighty mouse, it's horrid, you have to take your left finger off the mouse if you want to use right click... Aldi had some laser gaming mice in last time I had a look though, for about £12.

I'm sorry, but there is only one contender here. The Logitech Wave.

*snip*

Linky - £39.99

I have that exact one, and even though I use an MX1000 instead of the packaged mouse, its all wireless, all works, and looks wonderful. And don't be put off by the fact its curvy - you will get used to using it very quickly, and I find it so much easier to touch type on this than any other keyboard. Buy one now. And yes it doesn't have laptop style keys, but I don't see why they are better - they are so much harder to use!

I researched around a bit for a decent keyboard that is very comfortable, and this is the one I picked. (For my mum's computer of course) Haven't had any problems with it so far and its been going solid for at least 6 months so to this I say +1 =]

*G15 fanboy logs on*

You must get a G15! It's brilliant. See your scores, car info, media display, CPU and RAM info, pc heat info and all that stuff. Works easy, easy in use and a lot of add-ons. :)

*Signs out*