We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ferrari SUV???

gingervette

Surprised with Porsche’s success on their Cayenne model, Ferrari is rumored to give a green light to produce a SUV. However, the only thing against the idea is the brand tradition and it’s true that the Italian producer is very conservative, so are the clients. We already know that beautiful is not enough, so the new one should be built to make it live up to the firm’s dynamic reputation.

ferrari-suv.jpg

Since everyone needs profits, Ferrari is prepared to release their F151 project, the prancing horse SUV that would sell for more than €200,000 . They could start from Maserati’s 4×4 that is already approved for production, and work on it, but rumors say that the designers will have the task of starting fresh.

If this will turn out to be true, the first Ferrari F151 prototype with V8 and V12 engines, will be released in 2010 with production starting a year later.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OK. Really soory if this is old news but I stumbled upon this while searching through car news websites. If it is something everyone already knows about then feel free to close the thread. I haven't seen it yet. It's and odd idea that's for sure. But I quite like it. What do you think?

Am i the only one here that likes it?

Anyway in this financial crisis screw company image, if a sports SUV will sell well then chance's are Ferrari will make it to increase profits.

dude, We're talking about ferrari here.. they don't have financial problems, they just sell the cars for fun!

I don't think it's photoshoped. I checked the actual date of the release and it was actually months before Ferrari made their statment about no SUVs or four-doors. They must have changed their minds.

I tihnk it's a good idea. But the reality is, it will most likely never ever happen.

maybe a few years ago, ferrari may have built it, with a very slim chance, but now look at the market, 4x4s DO NOT SELL, since the recession and raising fuel costs, 4x4s are becoming a bit of a dog in the modern market, i remember watching a program about recession and cars, and a family who had bought a dock off mitsu had been losing £200 a day on it since they bought it 2 years ago.

I believe, in all honesty, that the picture in question has probably been around nearly as long as the 612 Scaglietti.

However, I could be wrong, as it also reminds me of the 599 GTB, both of which seem reliable candidates to photoshop for this.

Anyway, long story short:

Photoshop, slim chance of this actually coming to light.

Again, just my opinion.

I'll be suprised to see this surface, especially with the way the industry is atm.

I haveseen this a few months ago and can't really see why they would want to go into the SUV market.

Change the thread title so people searching can find it easier ;)