We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mercedes E class coupe revealed

SLRRR

At Mercedes-Benz is never quiet. In a positive sense, because the news flow to keep it. These are the first official pictures of the E-Class Coupe, CLK's successor.

The E-class Coupe is on the living room of Geneva and the two doors used the new Mercedes E-class basis. The interior of the Coupe looks just like that of the sedan. This car is called E Coupe has to do with the name of simplification of the range. For example, the CL Coupe S called. Moreover, there was the W124, the precursor of the E-Class E-Class also a Coupe.

Two four-cylinders

The range of the E-Class Coupe starts with four engines. Diesel may be an E 250 CDI Blue Efficiency, a twin turbo with 204 hp and 500 Nm. A power source according to the manufacturer is able coupe 5.3 liter diesel per 100 km to use. The E 250 CGI Blue Efficiency is a direct injection petrol engine with turbo. This delivers 204 hp and 310 Nm. Also the 350 CGI, a V6 with 292 horsepower and 500, a V8 with 388 horsepower, can we expect the E Coupe. The topdiesel is the E 350 CDI.

Low-value CW

The car has a CW-value of only 0.24. There is no B-pillar and side windows can be fully down. Mercedes, the E Coupe with the standard Agility Control base. The safety systems Das Haus recently on the E-class, we presented back in the Coupe, which in May 2009 on the European showrooms spread.

There is also an E-class convertible, which is expected at the IAA in Frankfurt debuts.

official photo's:

http://nieuws.auto.nl.msn.com/msn/msn_newsimages.php?cache=no&id=10984&p=1

Thanks to google translate :)

699636_1263011_4256_2832_08c1146_005_opt.jpg

In the ramp-up to the upcoming Geneva Motor Show, we've heard from all the big luxury players and then some on the new concepts and production vehicles they'd be bringing to the Swiss show, except for Mercedes-Benz. But at long last, here's the big debut that the Three-Pointed Star will be presenting at the Geneva Palexpo in a couple of weeks: the new E-Class Coupe.

Replacing the CLK, the new E coupe follows along the same path as the new E-Class sedan which Mercedes unveiled just a few months ago, albeit with with two fewer doors and a sleeker, more...well, coupe-like profile, with no B-pillars to obstruct the view and a low drag coefficient. Carrying a Cd of just 0.24, Mercedes claims the new E-Class Coupe is the most aerodynamically efficient production car on the market. Coupled with an efficient range of engines – ranging from the E 250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY that produces more power and torque while sipping less fuel, all the way up to the 388-horsepower E500 Coupe – and a host of new features – including a pedestrian-friendly self-deploying hood, Dynamic Driving package, adaptive headlights, road sign recognition and an automatic emergency braking system – the E-Class Coupe promises to offer an alluring package when it goes on sale in European markets this coming May. We'll have more for you from the Geneva show floor, but in the meantime, you can scope out the long press release after the jump and the even bigger gallery of high-resolution images by clicking the thumbnails below.

Source: Autoblog

I dont like it, at all, who on this planet would choose this over an A5, or any audi for that matter :confused:

Guest RB26DETT

I dont like it, at all, who on this planet would choose this over an A5, or any audi for that matter :confused:

Though I do like all the E-Class generations, I can't get this over an A5. If it were offered to me for free, then that's another story. :D

Nipper;162049']Nope' date=' I am with you on that choice. Simple reason, it's an Audi...[/quote']

I agree with both of u i like the new merc's with the sharp egdes and stuff

i like audi's be their too rounded and almost all audi's look the same (adception the TT)

I agree with both of u i like the new merc's with the sharp egdes and stuff

i like audi's be their too rounded and almost all audi's look the same (adception the TT)

I agree with you 100%.

Audi must market themselves diffrently in Europe, because it seems to me that most of the Europeans on the forum think that Audis are cool and sexy. Over here in the US, Audis are usually looked apon as good quality, but boring cars.