We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

FPS Problem

Reventon

Hey guys. I finally got TDU working today. However, my FPS (frames per second just for anyone who is unaware O.o) is just terrible. On some other racing games I play like rFactor, I got up to 55 FPS. With this, I am probably getting under 20 and looks really sketchy. I have the detail on low and Antialiasing off. Refresh rate is a 60Hz and I'm on a lower resolution than my screen really is.

My specs are:

AMD Athlon 4000+ @ 2.6Ghz

Nvidia GeForce 8500GT

4Gb of DDR2 RAM

"19 Envision LCD screen at 1280x1024 or whatever it is

Windows Vista (32-bit)

I really think something is worng because I've seen videos of people with like GeForce 7600's and they run better FPS than me.

Turn HDR off. It might be your processor, before you boot the game, as it is a resource hog, close all unnesseccary processes like virus scanners, browsers, everything your computer doesn't need to run.

HDR is off I think.

What I believe is happening is that my computer is getting bottlenecked because I have a single core processor but a high amount of RAM and a relatively high-end graphics card.

HDR is off I think.

What I believe is happening is that my computer is getting bottlenecked because I have a single core processor but a high amount of RAM and a relatively high-end graphics card.

I dont want to be mean, but a 8500 GT isnt a relatively high-end graphics card. Its more med - low end. But anyway i dont get much FPS either, but it seems to run pretty smooth. With a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+, 2GB Ram and a 8600 GT 256 MB DDR3 on 1680x1050

I dont want to be mean, but a 8500 GT isnt a relatively high-end graphics card. Its more med - low end. But anyway i dont get much FPS either, but it seems to run pretty smooth. With a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+, 2GB Ram and a 8600 GT 256 MB DDR3 on 1680x1050

Well it's not low end. What I used to have was low end (GeForce 6500SE - it was bad). I guess it's just because my processor is only a single core.

A friend of mine got a P4 HT 3.0 with a xfx 9800 GT and 2GB of ram and TDU runs smoothly (55-60 fps) with high detail, HDR and AA4x. I think bottlneck, if existent, don't drop that much the framerate.

So then it would be because of the graphics card?

So then it would be because of the graphics card?

I think it is than. But why do you want a high fps if your eye cant see more than around 15 and it seems to run smooth.

People wich have a 7xxxx will probably have better performance because its a faster card. The higher number doesnt mean its faster.

Example :). If you look on this link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/graphics_cards_buy_now.html you see that a 9800GT has the same performance as a 8800GT. Most new Nvidia cards like the 9800GTX (the new GTS 150 is a 9800GTX) are bassicly 8800GT/S

Actually, our eyes can process what we see at approximately 60fps.

I would reccomend splashing out and getting a decent gfx card, like a 9800GX2 *drools*

I sure cant get one but boy would it be nice! :p

He needs a new processor to run a high end card like that so the processor doesnt slow that beast down

Hmmmmm... *Googles*

I found a lott :)

http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_can_humans_see.htm

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=216322

15 FPS for me is really laggy. Me thinks the limit is around 30 FPS, that is where I can see no more lag :confused: :cheeky:

It also depends on the game some games seems to run pretty smooth at low fps, some games seems to be laggy.

I had an 8500GT once. I could only run the game on 800x600.

I had my old Dell with a P4 HT 3.2Ghz + 1GB RAM.

Upgraded my card to an 8600GTS - perfection even at high resolutions

No worries now with your i7 and GTS150 :D

Well I tend to not notice the lag once it gets to around 25 fps. And right now I must be getting 15 tops. Unfortunately, I just bought this graphics card, so I won't invest in a new one in a while.

Like I said in my first post, I can get up to 55fps on rFactor with everything at maximum. I guess it's just TDU.

Well I tend to not notice the lag once it gets to around 25 fps. And right now I must be getting 15 tops. Unfortunately, I just bought this graphics card, so I won't invest in a new one in a while.

Like I said in my first post, I can get up to 55fps on rFactor with everything at maximum. I guess it's just TDU.

You could speed up your pc :)

- defragement your harddrives

- install the latest patches for windows

- install the latest nvidia drivers

- open nvidia control panel

- go to advanced 3d settings

- search for TDU

- turn texture settings from quality to high performance

Hopefully this will give you a fps boost :)

Mmkay, thanks :).

By the way guys those were just estimates; I don't have anything to tell me an exact FPS so I just had to guess. But I still I get approximately 10-15 FPS is what I think.

Plus I don't feel the need to get a whole new grpahics card just because of TDU. Most of the other games I have run fine, it's just TDU.

Mmkay, thanks :).

By the way guys those were just estimates; I don't have anything to tell me an exact FPS so I just had to guess. But I still I get approximately 10-15 FPS is what I think.

Plus I don't feel the need to get a whole new grpahics card just because of TDU. Most of the other games I have run fine, it's just TDU.

You can download fraps to see your fps :)

http://www.fraps.com/

Run the program and than start a game or video and you will see the fps

Try downloading different drivers or OC'ing your videocard.

Also You can try removing grass. :D

1. Go to Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\FX\Fx.ini

2. find those lines

NBELTULTRANEAR = 1200

NBELTNEAR = 1500

NBELTFAR = 1200

3. set the values to zero

4. The grass has been cut throughout the island :D

This should give some fps boost.