We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2009: Melbourne

Car Freak

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant race for Brawn, I was watching the top gear last night and button was saying how important winning is to him, he'd swap his house in monte carlo and all his money just to win, you could tell he truely meant it, so its brilliant to see he won today.

Good race from Hamilton too, From the back of the grid to 3rd place, a major bonus for him is the fact no ferraris finished, Both mclaren and Ferrari have a lot of work to do though

WOW !!!!!!!!!

What an amazing race, arguably the best F1 race I ever seen ......

Congratulations to Brawn GP, fantastic, amasing, superb, excellent ..... and theres so many other words to describe their maiden victory and it was a 1+2 which makes it even more special :excited:.

I don't know what the hell Kimi was doing but once again Ferrari sucked down under .......

Vettel is abit of cock but at the same time Kubica could have played the corner abit more fair but I'm still disappointed my main boy Kubica didn't get the job done :cry:.

Hamilton won't even say anything because I'm a 'Hater' appearantly :confused: ......... but on a serious note that geezer is always there to pick up the points once people make mistakes .... there was me hoping McLaren were gonna suck big time :cry:

Overall I am very happy for Button and you know what that was the first time since ever that I was actually proud to be British when he got out of the Brawn and went over to Rubens I was nearly in tears thats how much Buttons win meant to me. It was a fantastic win and yeah I felt a sense of relief and pride win the checkered flag finally waved .....something I have never felt for another British driver ever in my life although thats probably got something to do with the fact that Button seems to be level headed and down to earth .......

I just hope this isn't a 'fluke' and the Brawn car is as fantastic has it looks and was today for the rest of the season :).

:eek: *faints* Nige is proud to be british, you feeling ok mate :p

It wasa very good race really enjoyed it, more overtaking than yo could shake a stick at, hopefully that will get rid of the medal system for 2010.

I liked it after the race when he was saying to barrachello (i know major SP) what had happened to him at the start and they had a chin wag about it.

:eek: *faints* Nige is proud to be british, you feeling ok mate :p

It wasa very good race really enjoyed it, more overtaking than yo could shake a stick at, hopefully that will get rid of the medal system for 2010.

I liked it after the race when he was saying to barrachello (i know major SP) what had happened to him at the start and they had a chin wag about it.

I don't know what came over me but I was generally proud to be British and hear the natonal anthem and see the flag at the top because normally when that happens I just normally start punching the wall or have a little fit because Hamilton has won the race and that makes me angry in sooooooo many ways .... but yeah I hope its not the last time I hear the British anthem with Button on the top step this year .... *wipes eyes* lol ......

Button - 1

Hamilton - 0

:excited:.

Can I ask in a mature and civil way, and out of curiosity, what do you have against Hamilton?

Please be mature in your answer and abide by Hybrid's wishes, as I know this is a topic you have strong views on :p

Yes you can ask on a mature way, will try to answer...

- His chick is to hot, he doesn't deserve that.

- He stole Massa's championship last year without even doing anything, he got it by accident actually.

- I don't like his face, he looks like a 9 year old.

I can think of more i guess:lol:

Can I ask in a mature and civil way, and out of curiosity, what do you have against Hamilton?

Please be mature in your answer and abide by Hybrid's wishes, as I know this is a topic you have strong views on :p

Honestly ???

I'm saying this in a mature way:

I just don't like him, he reminds me of Schumacher and he was a complete cock aswell ..... funny that ... oh and I hate the way he mentions his name with Senna's name in the same sentance :mad: for god sake he has only won 1 world championship (in which he only just sbout won, I'll like to remind every one) and he already thinks he's mr fantastic ..... Oh yeah I hate his fans aswell ...... like the British public has got nothing better to do than kiss his ass every other weekend ...... sad if you ask me ....

Face it my opinion of him will never change, he's a waste of time and imo doesn't deserve an F1 drive ......

My turn:

What makes him so fantastic ?????

What makes him so 'great' ?????

Why do 90% of the British male public have a huuuuuge man crush on him ?????

Answer sensibly please :D.

Yes you can ask on a mature way, will try to answer...

- His chick is to hot, he doesn't deserve that.

- He stole Massa's championship last year without even doing anything, he got it by accident actually.

- I don't like his face, he looks like a 9 year old.

I can think of more i guess:lol:

So you only don't like him due to the fact Massa didn't win last year and Hamilton did and that you are jealous of him having a pussycat doll on his arm and you think he's ugly, so nothing to do with his driving style, the way he acts or anything like that, so it wasn't really a mature response was it.

Honestly ???

I'm saying this in a mature way:

I just don't like him, he reminds me of Schumacher and he was a complete cock aswell ..... funny that ... oh and I hate the way he mentions his name with Senna's name in the same sentance for god sake he has only won 1 world championship (in which he only just sbout won, I'll like to remind every one) and he already thinks he's mr fantastic ..... Oh yeah I hate his fans aswell ...... like the British public has got nothing better to do than kiss his ass every other weekend ...... sad if you ask me ....

Face it my opinion of him will never change, he's a waste of time and imo doesn't deserve an F1 drive ......

My turn:

Answer sensibly please .

I slightly agree that he is/was overhyped and everyone did jump on the bandwagon. He did make a big impact last year and he did win the championship (just). And as you say it does become annoying when he is compared to former greats but thats the same in any sport.

As for this year he will be overshadowed by Button if he keeps up what he has started.

To answer your questions:

Becuase he was the 1st brit in ages to be on the front grid and everyone jumped on the bandwagon, he is also has darker skin which is a first (or a long time in the sport), as for the great part its probably because he showed hunger and was up with the "big boys" in his first 2 seasons (we know it was due to the car but he did have some great drives) when the rest of the brits where further back in the pack (due mainly to reliability problems)

Answer sensibly please :D.

Fantastic and Great: He was a newbie to Forumla 1 and was soo close to winning in his debut season. He won on his second time around (yes you say it was only, but he had tough competition from Massa and Kimmi etc and winning is winning, lets be honest!). How many people have won or nearly won in the first 2 seasons?

Man Crush: He was a light of hope for British fans as we hadn't had much luck for a while (Sorry Button / Coulthard fans). Which has turned on it's head again in the Melbourne race! (with Button). His story is quite special (although not amazing), in terms of his dad having 2 jobs and working his arse off to get Hamilton to where he is now.He's not the most unattractive man or F1 driver there has been. Well, from a female point of view, he could be quite attractive.

I think it's all to do with him having a car capable of winning races right from the start of his career. Also because his road to F1 was more interesting than most others, what with that incident with Ron Dennis when he was 13, which is basically the pinnacle of chasing one's dream (this is probably also the main reason why i like him so much).

In any case, I think I remember in 2004 that Button was also the golden boy after his string of poles and podiums, and he was even hailed as a future world champ...

Basically Hamilton is so famous and adored mostly because of how much the press played it up, not so much him as a person...

I slightly agree that he is/was overhyped and everyone did jump on the bandwagon. He did make a big impact last year and he did win the championship (just). And as you say it does become annoying when he is compared to former greats but thats the same in any sport.

As for this year he will be overshadowed by Button if he keeps up what he has started.

To answer your questions:

Becuase he was the 1st brit in ages to be on the front grid and everyone jumped on the bandwagon, he is also has darker skin which is a first (or a long time in the sport), as for the great part its probably because he showed hunger and was up with the "big boys" in his first 2 seasons (we know it was due to the car but he did have some great drives) when the rest of the brits where further back in the pack (due mainly to reliability problems)

Dude colour shouldn't matter, it doesn't matter in other sports like soccer, baseball, hell its no longer an issue in South African rugby so why should F1 be any different ????? So when people feed me that crap I ignore it straight away ...... well so what he's black, so that makes him different from any other driver on the grid because ???? The truth of the matter is, it doesn't so why it is a big thing is beyond me :confused:

Fantastic and Great: He was a newbie to Forumla 1 and was soo close to winning in his debut season. He won on his second time around (yes you say it was only, but he had tough competition from Massa and Kimmi etc and winning is winning, lets be honest!). How many people have won or nearly won in the first 2 seasons?

Man Crush: He was a light of hope for British fans as we hadn't had much luck for a while (Sorry Button / Coulthard fans). Which has turned on it's head again in the Melbourne race! (with Button). His story is quite special (although not amazing), in terms of his dad having 2 jobs and working his arse off to get Hamilton to where he is now.He's not the most unattractive man or F1 driver there has been. Well, from a female point of view, he could be quite attractive.

Dude, dude, dude

Yeah light of hope for all those non f1 fans who all of a sudden became expers overnight when he took the grid by storm ...... :mad:.

Dude colour shouldn't matter, it doesn't matter in other sports like soccer, baseball, hell its no longer an issue in South African rugby so why should F1 be any different ????? So when people feed me that crap I ignore it straight away ...... well so what he's black, so that makes him different from any other driver on the grid because ???? The truth of the matter is, it doesn't so why it is a big thing is beyond me :confused: .

Nige I was saying that is one of the reasons why he got so hyped up, not something that I personally think or agree with, it shouldnt make any difference and I agree but you know what the media is like.

Dude, dude, dude

Yeah light of hope for all those non f1 fans who all of a sudden became expers overnight when he took the grid by storm ...... :mad:.

where's your info from?

Don't get me wrong, we all understand your not a LH fan by any margin, but some of your arguments are just ludicrous.

F1 has been in decline for years in the UK, I hadn't watched properly since Hill retired, and then the UK at last has a good driver (which your a fool if you deny) in a good car and it brings alot of people back and alot of new fans too. Whats wrong with that?

Sure its not fair that guys like Coulthard and Button get a bit overshadowed. It sucks but thats life. Both have been in decent cars at some point of their career but didn't do that much with it.

LH has been hyped too much I agree (especially by the ITV crew last year) and now Button will get some of that action too.

Dude, dude, dude

Name me a decent British Drive who stood a chance of winning some race and even the championship, for a few seasons before he started. I've watch F1 since around '99 (admittedly I can't really remember the first few years as I was a youngen)

A good analysis form Jamie Hibbard at TopGear.com

A lot of people over the past few weeks have made comments on here along the lines of, ‘now that Lewis Hamilton has a rubbish car we’ll see that he’s not actually that good,’ yet his performance on Sunday put paid to that. Or at least it should have.

He dragged a dog of a car from 18th on the grid all the way up to third - yes, Jarno Trulli drove from 20th to third initially, but we know had a very quick, handy car - with a very determined and considered drive. But still people are saying he’s rubbish, and that he was just lucky.

Yet doesn’t luck always play a part in everyone’s races, to a certain extent? Look at Jenson – if Kubica hadn’t got taken out by Vettel, he’d have been all over Button before the end of the race (although I believe Jenson had enough in reserve to keep him there). But isn’t that luck?

They say the true mark of a great driver is to outperform the car, and Lewis certainly did that on the weekend, like Alonso did with his Renault last season.

Lewis also showed a great amount of respect for Button and Brawn too, which goes against the other accusations leveled at him that he’s spoilt and arrogant, saying this:

“I’ve got to say again how much respect and admiration I’ve got for Ross Brawn and all the men and women at Brawn GP.

“Jenson must have had a very worrying winter, and he certainly had a few tough years before that, so he really deserves this success. It must have been a brilliant feeling for him to be able to stand on the podium yesterday, waving to his team.

“I saw a photo of the podium on the internet this morning - he looked really, really happy. They’ve shown just what an incredible sport we have and just how unpredictable F1 can be - I just wish I could have been on the podium to share his celebrations on Sunday.”

So, in my eyes at least, Lewis has answered his critics. It’s also cool that he’s started swearing in interviews – ‘All I said was that for sure if someone did approach me, I wouldn’t tell them to ‘F’ off’ - maybe he’s about to find his rebel streak?

I’ll sit back now under my desk to await the anti-Lewis vitriol, although I am hoping to have a rather more intelligent dicussion about him than that. But I guess that’s up to you…