We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PhOTW: Week 21 Entry

Speedtouch

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad Davey, not bad! Would that be your first panning shot and what was that guy thinking when you took the photo? "I'm not in an exotic car so why the hell is he taking a picture? Crazy foo!". :D

But yeah nice shot if it is your first. Maybe try and lose the grain? It's a bit distracting from the car imo. You can see it on the bottom half of the car.

I'm gonna enter this week!

My friend was over earlier this week with his new car and thought I would take some photos of it. It is nothing special, a 1.2 fiesta with some slight modifications including an ST front, ST rear arches and aftermarket wheels. This was how he bought the car so he hasn't added anything on or whatever.

Anyway, is it ok to enter into this? It is a Fiesta which is an everyday car and theres nothing really special about it.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/TheScottishSpotter/Fiestaphotw1.jpg

But yeah nice shot if it is your first. Maybe try and lose the grain? It's a bit distracting from the car imo. You can see it on the bottom half of the car.

I was standing above a drop down to the road, so he won't have noticed me. I know the grain is there, its a lot more obvious on the large version, but I kinda like it. And I have to have it because I don't know what I'm doing. The photo was slightly blurry, because I don't have a quick or stabilised lens, so nothing I ever take will be as sharp as yours. I really have no idea what is wrong with the whole process, but every photo I take is only a millionth the awesomeness of every photo quite a few people on here take. My point is proven with your excellent shot of the Fiesta, yet another one I can only dream of taking.

I was standing above a drop down to the road, so he won't have noticed me. I know the grain is there, its a lot more obvious on the large version, but I kinda like it. And I have to have it because I don't know what I'm doing. The photo was slightly blurry, because I don't have a quick or stabilised lens, so nothing I ever take will be as sharp as yours. I really have no idea what is wrong with the whole process, but every photo I take is only a millionth the awesomeness of every photo quite a few people on here take. My point is proven with your excellent shot of the Fiesta, yet another one I can only dream of taking.

Awww C'mon mate! You shots aren't bad. I should be saying all that.

I think your photos are excellent, I love the way the car is very clear yet all the background is blurred. The angle of the shot is great and i love the black/white. I'll be truthful, you'd have my vote out of all the other Entries so far.

Cheer up mate, its normal for one to hate ones work, But believe me your great at photography, dont give up at it ;)

[E:] Mb, I dont count that car as normal, at all, in my opinion shouldnt be allowed

If you want to get rid of te grain, I suggest using the Smart Blur feature in 'shop :) Not the ordinary blur tool.

Davey, as I always say, don't take it out on yourself. I know you have equipment which you are not happy with but you just have to make do with it. I mean, I would love something like a 70-200 F4 but I can only dream of that at the moment as I have no money and no job. My 17-85 is not the best but I try my best with it and try to use it to the best of my ability which I don't think is happening just yet. I do a lot of post processing in my shots so maybe thats why you think they are good? Just try using smart sharpen, adjusting the curves, using contrast, adjusting the highlights and shadows and all these things. I assure you if you do it will make a difference. Also theres a couple of plugins for photoshop you can use for reducing noise and grain and I must say they are very effective. So don't diss yourself all the time, seriously that is a great shot and nevermind about the grain, it's not really that noticeable now that I look again. ;)

And Mb, I also don't count that car as normal, sorry.

^ Typical car?

Because it is an X Type (they didn't sell the S or XJ with the front jaguar thing IIRC), I'm allowing it, but again Highline can but in if wanted.

Right then, any further entries to give in? If so, you only have just over a day to do so! Get cracking.

Because it is an X Type (they didn't sell the S or XJ with the front lion thing IIRC), I'm allowing it, but again Highline can but in if wanted.

Right then, any further entries to give in? If so, you only have just over a day to do so! Get cracking.

I would assume its a Jaguar, not a Lion :p

Seeing that it is a Jaguar, and not a Lion :p