We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 [V1.0 Spoiler up down]

Tool831

Great job Tool,respect. but...

Why is everybody jumping on Kurgan's case?? He's only stating the obvious problem and wishes for it to be fixed! I'm also seeing the same problem,and the problem is on all the rx7 variants too! it's not exactly unnoticeable! Anyway,I hope you can fix this tool,or make two versions,so everybody has correct views!

p.s. I'm afraid this problem doesn't spread to your future work too!! For now,it's just your last two creations,try to figure out why please!Thx.

I'm sorry but it was a personal mod as most know so please just bare with it. Im not rebuilding awhole new car.. Its leveled up to the edonis interior for good interior view.

As camera's can't be changed, i cannot fix this without starting all over again its not simple to just move a car over or the left more, its either loose the interior view or loose a slight angle of the exterior view..

And if i had the issue i would prefer exterior as it is.

Same goes for the RX-7.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but it was a personal mod as most know so please just bare with it. Im not rebuilding awhole new car.. Its leveled up to the edonis interior for good interior view.

As camera's can't be changed, i cannot fix this without starting all over again its not simple to just move a car over or the left more, its either loose the interior view or loose a slight angle of the exterior view..

And if i had the issue i would prefer exterior as it is.

Same goes for the RX-7.

I'm sorry but I don't believe this, I've been scratch building 3-D models since Quake 2 and Quake 3 and I started off using MilkShape 3-D of all programs, then switched to 3dsMax, and now you're trying to tell me that a 3-D modeling program somehow doesn't let you move objects to the left or right or twist them around a vertical axis??? I'm not gonna fall for that, period.

I realize that ZModeler isn't exactly the best 3-D modeling program out there, but I've seen some fairly fantastic creations scratch-made in it, not just converted by it. Now that means any object created in it or imported into it, can be moved around anywhere you want it to be, resized, stretched, shrunk, poked, prodded, deformed, and generally do whatever you want with it.

Bugs:

None Known

The guages don't work, I don't see any moving needles at all, even in direct sunlight, the car is twisted left and off-center right, and there's tachometer "sticking" with the mod installed that's not there on the stock vehicles, the tach needle in the bumper cam sticks between 4000 and 6000 rpm, even when you let off the throttle. I've only seen this once before when I put the 77 Trans Am on the Pontiac GTO.

Believe me here, nobody's trying to deliberately bash your conversions, I'm trying to let you know that there ARE problems with the model so that maybe, just MAYBE instead of starting up yet another project, you'll at least TRY to fix those bugs instead of ignoring them or dismissing them like you usually do, claiming that you don't see them so they don't exist.

Maybe it would be better if you started off with a WIP or BETA release and accepted the fact that there MIGHT be bugs instead of just assuming that there are none. You said it yourself before, you go on 20+ hour stints without breaks or sleep so it's 100% impossible for you to see all the possible problems that might happen. I can guarantee you speaking from personal experience that marathon stints like that cause more problems than they fix.

Ive been trying to ignore What you have been saying but i have got to say this.

Tool, Me, MB & The Red Box spent 2 days driving this veyron in both multiplayer and singleplayer. We did not find any bugs in those 2 days.

As Tool was kind enough to release this mod on TDU:C instead of keeping it a private mod which it was first intended as then dont complain!

If you dont like it then please do not comment or download it.

Also the rev's sticking at 5000rpm is not a bug of tool's model has he can not edit physics and just a simple model replace can not do that. Its what the Edonis does.

And yes zmodeler does allow you to move things left and right but when tool does that interior view will not work! That is why it is not going to be fixed.

So basically to sum up this post Tool does not rush his mods he spends alot of time working on them and then i get it before anyone else and me and tool always beta tests them for bugs. If we do not find any thats when it is released. There is basbas's veyron if you are so worked up about a bug that me or tool can not see! And even if we could see it there would be no fix without loosing the interior view altogether.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p433/T3hReaper/nobugonmyveyron.jpg

People! Stop arguing and enjoy having Veyron in TDU ! :)

[e] It's not like Tool's lazy and don't wanna fix this or that... HE MADE IT, HE KNOWS IT! and if he says it can't be fixed due to some TDU restrictions than it can't be fixed...

and....

if you don't like the Veyron, you can have YOUR UGLY EDONIS BACK (once you've made a backup :P)

I do respect all the work and effort Tool brought to modding (and not only him) and YOU should too..

Unfortunately I do like the Edonis, and it has naming problems :p

So I replaced the Saleen. And dear God it's brilliant. Its the only mod I've actually kept on my game. The Veyron's performance is very similar to the S7's (when tuned) and suits it well (though the sudden oversteer is unexpected) This is the fastest car I've ever taken around the Oahu raceway too, beating my old S7's time by 1 second. And it looks good in so many ways - I have actually spent nearly an hour in Car Paint Luxe making it look perfect. In fact I bought a second just to do that :p

I do have a rather major problem though, before today I was patiently awaiting TDU2, but now I just want it sooo badly, just so I can drive this at its true acceleration time and with that amazing AWD. Now I am very impatient in waiting :( :p

Bloody wonderful mod, thanks a heap.

If you dont like it then please do not comment or download it.

Wow, just unbelievable......

So now nobody is allowed to make bug reports on your conversions, or give you guys constructive criticism to HELP YOU with the models, to find things you obviously don't see, or can't see???

Thank you for proving my point....

Take a CLOSE look at the back of the car and compare distances to the edge of the screen...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/Kurgan777/YourBuggedVeyron.jpg

That's your screenshot, with the brightness kicked up a bit, and some "distance comparison bars" added for visual effect.

Your version of the game has the car just as off-center and twisted as my version of the game....

I'd like to know,what actually happens when you move the interior and exterior accordingly to one side to center the car? Why that wouldn't work?

Cause the interior camera would be to the right then.. so if it was moved the interior camera would be in the center and not behind the wheel just like basbas's interior sorta.

I'm just gonna ignore this whole hood thing cause its still continuing and maybe won't stop so... This is all im saying now from this convo about the hood camera is not 'centered'

---

TDU is not the best game to mod, it has filesize restrictions and sometimes strict texture settings and sizes aswell many normal things like camera's etc cannot be modified. This was a personal mod so please just enjoy it as it would of never been released but lucky i got good feedback from other users seeing it in pictures and live broadcasts.

End of this subject...

Soon everyone will be able to fix the camera, and get the positions according the car they want.

Hopefully this will be the end of such non constructive argument.

See you in a few days, now it's holidays for me :)

Cause the interior camera would be to the right then.. so if it was moved the interior camera would be in the center and not behind the wheel just like basbas's interior sorta.

I'm just gonna ignore this whole hood thing cause its still continuing and maybe won't stop so... This is all im saying now from this convo about the hood camera is not 'centered'

Hmm ok. That's why I suggested two versions,to not to discriminate all the drivers who are using ALL other views except the cockpit one! It would take a minute for you to do it and you would make a lot of people happy,doesn't that make sense to you?

Soon everyone will be able to fix the camera, and get the positions according the car they want.

Is that a hint of your new "constructive" programming skillz which will give us camera mod perhaps???:D Say yes, please!:)

:) Your modding tools are really coming along nicely - can't wait for camera height adjustments; these will be a HUGE leap forward for the community and the modders!

Can't wait for the new DMT (maybe they should be "Djey's Tools of Modding" - "DTM" :cheeky: j/k)! :)