We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831: 2008 Shelby Mustang GT500KR Edition V1.1

Tool831

I was going to agree with you Kurgan, but then I checked out myself and just realized its a small bug, you're not going to be looking at that wheel position the whole game are ya? Especially if you're a cockpit driver. Why don't you stop whinning over stupid things and just enjoy this beautiful mod? Jeez..

Oh Btw.. PICS!

Blue n' Silver :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=8258&stc=1&d=1243136023

attachment.php?attachmentid=8259&stc=1&d=1243136420

attachment.php?attachmentid=8260&stc=1&d=1243136420

attachment.php?attachmentid=8261&stc=1&d=1243136420]

attachment.php?attachmentid=8262&stc=1&d=1243136420

attachment.php?attachmentid=8263&stc=1&d=1243136420

attachment.php?attachmentid=8264&stc=1&d=1243136420

• Replies 226
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to use the proper SVT rims, so is there any way that could be fixed on my end? Right now I'm using the default Saleen S281 rims, and they fit the tires properly, but I don't really care for the way they look.

Fix it yourself eh? Why don't you fix it yourself in the first place instead of asking for a mod to all the hard work?

That is very very contradicting!

Fix it yourself eh? Why don't you fix it yourself in the first place instead of asking for a mod to all the hard work?

That is very very contradicting!

Me asking for a way to fix it "on my end" means BY MYSELF ON MY OWN MACHINE.

And I said that I don't like the way the default Saleen rims look on the GT-500 KR, even though they do work properly on the 19 inch tires.

This should have been perfectly clear.

Oh and the rims aren't exactly a "little bug that can be ignored", the extra polygons in the headlights fall into that category, but not the floating rims, which you can see every time you pull into and out of a house, car dealership, or paint shop in the game. You can also see them plain as day in tail-cam when drifting when you can see daylight between the rim and tire.....

I don't use the cockpit cam either unless I'm driving the McLaren F-1 or the Caterham, if I'm driving just to mess around I use the tail cam, if I'm racing I use the hood cam.

And I said that I don't like the way the default Saleen rims look on the GT-500 KR, even though they do work properly on the 19 inch tires.

This should have been perfectly clear.

Oh and the rims aren't exactly a "little bug that can be ignored", the extra polygons in the headlights fall into that category, but not the floating rims, which you can see every time you pull into and out of a house, car dealership, or paint shop in the game. You can also see them plain as day in tail-cam when drifting when you can see daylight between the rim and tire.....

I don't use the cockpit cam either unless I'm driving the McLaren F-1 or the Caterham, if I'm driving just to mess around I use the tail cam, if I'm racing I use the hood cam.

You know, if i was tool , I'd not fix that little bug just because you are being so aggressive about it.

Either you like it or you don't, and YOU GO MAKE YOUR OWN MOD.

Tool made this himself and we're LUCKY he decided to share it with us, pipe down please and mind your manners.

-------

On-Topic:

Tool, this is a great mod, i appreciate it. Now i have another reason to drive a ford again, besides the FORD GT! :D

Well either replace the car its meant to go on. Other thing is however i don't get that issue when i put the rims on it they are fine and don't have that huge gap. :confused:

20090524143638.jpg

What i did was..

rename them and put them replacing the saleen rims (obviously)

Brought the 3rd set of Mustang GT rims

Tuned it to level 3 instantly

Wallah!

----------

What you must of done is this.. (My guess)

1. rename them and put them replacing the saleen rims (obviously)

2. browsed through other Ford Mustang GT rims before hand which enlarges the tyre abit more or you already had a Mustang GT with bigger rims size originally

3. Then tuned it to the saleen carrying of the tyre size etc.

Same goes for anyone else really.. Is you must buy set 3 rims of the Mustang GT first before upgrading to the Saleen otherwise your tyres get enlarged and become that.

Guest turbo lag

You can always use Skepsis' new Ford GT sound, or even hitman's AC Cobra sound, although it is a bit OTT.

Guest Sgt.Kanyo
    Anyone knows some nice sound for this?

Yeah I agree, a nice sound mod would be nice. If any1 want to and can (of course) convert sounds for TDU I can give you some pretty HQ sounds made for GTA SA.:thumbsup:

Well either replace the car its meant to go on.

I already have the 1969 Mustang Mach-I on the regular GT, and it's not getting removed.

Other thing is however i don't get that issue when i put the rims on it they are fine and don't have that huge gap.
    Actually you DID get that issue when the car was still in WIP, your own picture proved it, the WIP pic you posted that still had the little piece of window trim floating in mid-air, it also had the 3rd rim bug on the Saleen, and that rim bug doesn't happen on the regular Mustang GT on the level 3 tuneup . . .

What i did was..

rename them and put them replacing the saleen rims (obviously)

Brought the 3rd set of Mustang GT rims

Tuned it to level 3 instantly

Here's what happens when you do that....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/Kurgan777/RimBugsResized.jpg

On the left is the rims on the Saleen when you buy the FIRST rim option on the Mustang GT.

On the right is the rims on the Saleen when you buy any OTHER rim options on the Mustang GT.

By the way, this bug also exists on the Alpha GT, buying the first set of rims gets the proper sized rims and tires on the upgraded car, but buy any other rims and the upgraded car gets bugged up rims. The 350-Z also has the same bug with no way to fix it on the upgraded car because there's only one rim choice. Buy the 350-Z and upgrade it and look at the bugged up rims, 19inch rims floating inside a 17inch tire looks really bad.

This car rocks!:D

Convertible or coupe,same thing happens.

Anyways,I don't intend on keeping it on those tortoises,it's currently on the Mustang GTR and feeling just fine(much much better handling/performance)!;) xkr is an option if you want the turbo(supercharged)effect...and you can use my sound from the ford gt:)

I'll look around a bit more...