We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PotW: Week 42 Entry

Speed

What makes a vanilla TDU shot and a Nice Looking TDU shot is usually just a change in brightness and contrast -which is what I'm used to seeing entered more and more as POTW competitions come and go- which is allowed via POTW rules.

Otherwise, all the pics you'd see would come out dark and dank and with practically no contrast. As TDU's Photomode output images, come out as rendered ingame, without your monitor's brightness and contrast settings that make the screen image look the way it does on your end of the monitor.

Exactly. And to make it worse above 50% of TDU society don't have a high-end PC to take pics like Press, Reaper and few others and when it happens people (like me, for instance) edit the pic in Photoshop/Photoscape/GIMP etc. to get the pic look DECENT.

Ofc, some people tend to exaggerate but when it happens they are being informed about that.

There's also another factor which should be taken into consideration - mods. And by mods I do not mean cars or new road textures.

There's HDR mod and Blur mod or whatever ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. And to make it worse above 50% of TDU society don't have a high-end PC to take pics like Press, Reaper and few others and when it happens people (like me, for instance) edit the pic in Photoshop/Photoscape/GIMP etc. to get the pic look DECENT.

Ofc, some people tend to exaggerate but when it happens they are being informed about that.

There's also another factor which should be taken into consideration - mods. And by mods I do not mean cars or new road textures.

There's HDR mod and Blur mod or whatever ;)

According to your logic and the Rules. Getting your picture to look decent requires alot of noticable photoshopping with, last time i checked, is against the rules...

I reckon the rules should be re-written, especially the photoshop one. Make it so photoshop is strictly forbidden. I personally think everyone should only be allowed to enter a photo wich has been taken with what TDU gives you, no outside interferance.

Mod's i reckon are ok though.

I am getting kinda annoyed with POTW recently. Mainly with what i feel are alot of photoshopped entries, some eventually winning. I think the rules need to be severly tightened up maybe. It's putting me off entering with 'virgin' photo's, and entering all together.

I tend to agree. It's why I've now stopped entering PotW all together.

I've seen a few blatently photoshopped images (besides brightness and contrast) in the past and no-one has mentioned them.